What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

My boots and leathers are drying out from the rainy ride home from work. I hope it isn't like this all weekend.

This morning the old plane was sitting in the hangar, but by 9 a.m. it was already over Savanna and heading North to VA. The managers got a cake to celebrate her departure. :p

• Like 2

Today we plan to make a quick run to IKEA for some much needed stuff to atleast make a pretend wardrobe-like area to make it a little easier to keep things (like clothes and such) in their own place so that one doesn't have to constantly think about where to puttbisorthat. It will get me some more space in the area where I mini as well, yay and happy dance!

It is still only a thing we do "for now" as we are still in remodelling/redoing. But hopefully during the spring andsummer we will get the loftarea converted into a full bedroom with ensuite bath and new windows installed. Thatwillmake a huuuuge difference so that we can start with the ground floor.

That will entail a total gutting of half of it, the kitchen, entrance and bathroom. Major work involvinc electricians and plumbers as we will totally move things around... It will be fun though!

Hugs

• Like 1

Snow finally with more coming on Tuesday. It is raining now but it is white outside my windowpane. Fred went to ER as per our GP`s orders. The Xrays dont show it but two Drs told him it is a stress fracture in his foot. I made him a appointment with his foot dr/surgeon for Monday. I hope he has a easy heal. I have two people to take care of now. My friend, that made the afghan, has a bad herniated disc and will need surgery. Between me and another friend, we are all that she has to help her now and later. I spent 4 hours with her grocery shopping. (she shops monthly) so I am like a zombie over here. Good thing it is a Saturday snow day.

The rain has moved on,, the sun is out, and whilst it's probably colder out than in my fridge, I shall load the food for the coming trip to Destin (where Henderson Beach State Park is located) tomorrow.

Today we plan to make a quick run to IKEA for some much needed stuff to atleast make a pretend wardrobe-like area to make it a little easier to keep things (like clothes and such) in their own place so that one doesn't have to constantly think about where to puttbisorthat. It will get me some more space in the area where I mini as well, yay and happy dance!

It is still only a thing we do "for now" as we are still in remodelling/redoing. But hopefully during the spring andsummer we will get the loftarea converted into a full bedroom with ensuite bath and new windows installed. Thatwillmake a huuuuge difference so that we can start with the ground floor.

That will entail a total gutting of half of it, the kitchen, entrance and bathroom. Major work involvinc electricians and plumbers as we will totally move things around... It will be fun though!

Hugs

I love a nice trip to Ikea to get lost in the rooms. Buy little doo dads for the house. Have some meatballs. We have one in the state and it is in same city as my ear doctor. I get there twice a year. :)

• Like 1

Ikea is very close to us, only half an hour drive so we po in there every now and again. Today was a quick run though, and we made out of there with what was on the list only... Next time we will take the slow stroll I think.

We've spent a few hours hauling atuff out of the wardrobe area and assembling the shelves and puzzling heigths etc, so right now ai have a mountain of clothes that will be sorted and folded and onto/into their new places in the morning.

Hugs

• Like 1

Nothing is close to us! ha ha I had my shopping run on MLK Day but only managed a couple of stores. Thank God for the internet I keep the UPS man busy!

Going grocery shopping today and maybe a walk in the sunshine. Have a great day!

• Like 1

I've never been to an IKEA place before. I've looked online though.

.... Fred went to ER as per our GP`s orders. The Xrays dont show it but two Drs told him it is a stress fracture in his foot. I made him a appointment with his foot dr/surgeon for Monday. ..... I spent 4 hours with her grocery shopping so I am like a zombie over here. Good thing it is a Saturday snow day.

Hope Fred heals quickly and nothing has a lasting ill effect.

Please watch yourself Heidi, you are a giving and caring person but you need to get those young'uns out there and shovel for you and clean up things after themselves. You needn't be their maid and hotel service any longer. You have a lot on your plate right now so promise you'll be really careful, please????

• Like 2

The rain has moved on,, the sun is out, and whilst it's probably colder out than in my fridge, I shall load the food for the coming trip to Destin (where Henderson Beach State Park is located) tomorrow.

<sneaking in and putting a case of Energizer batteries in Holly's backpack> <pausing to consider and adding a set of jumper cables too> Go easy on the cardio out there this time, okay? BTW, when they replace your pacemaker battery, tell the doctor that you want a pair of pink bunny ears to go with it just to make sure they give you the non-granny variety.

I have a pot roast in the crockpot and nothing else on my to-do list for the day so I'm anticipating some studio time. Woooooooohooooo!!!

• Like 2

Good thinking Deb on the batteries as well as the jumper cables ;)

Right now I a, sitting here sipping a single malt comtemplating the progress dome in pur "wardrobe" area feeling pretty smug. By tomorrow I will have the clothes folded and in their new places/shelves, and as it seems hubby will be out trekking the snow on his MTB I will have some time paper claying the last areas in the lighthouse, ie the floor in the wine cellar.

Other than that, no plans :) for tomorrow

Hugs

• Like 1

MTB = A mountain bike or mountain bicycle. It can be abbreviated MTB or ATB, for all-terrain bicycle. It is a bicycle created for off-road cycling

Sorry, the MTB abbrevation is "the" name for the off road bikes over here. Both hubby and emjoy the trekking of forest/dirt roads but I tend to be a spring-fall rider when hubbyis an allyear round rider.

I am a bit scared of icey and slippery roads since I went down with the bike one too many times which turned me into a living and walking bruise ;) a couple of years ago. Now I simply put the bike in the trainer stand and peddle there instead during the winter/icey road seasons

Thank you Selkie for the explanation

Hugs

• Like 1

The shelling is excellent this time of year, and Henderson Beach has glorious sunsets. The kind of hiking we have planned is totally non-stress.

I also hope all goes well for Fred!

We're having pigs in blankets mit sauerkraut for supper tonight (KISS).

I have the armchair carcases assembled and have the upholstering begun. I'm going to crank out a parlor stove and a dining table and chairs for the parlor and probably use Jane Harrop's book for the stove, fridge and cupboard. Washington is a couple of inches narrow than the Laurel and I don't have anything like the room I expected, so I'm making everything (which I was going to do, anyway, but using kits; this way will require all scratch builds *sigh*

• Like 1

2 feet of snow possible for Tuesday. *gulp*

Give those kiddos a preview lesson tomorrow in how to use a shovel this weekend so they'll be primed and ready to go on Tuesday !!

Sorry, I'm just like you Heidi and get frustrated with my kiddos and end up out there chopping ice and shoveling myself even when I know I shouldn't. It's easier to tell you or someone else how to handle it BUT tremendously difficult to take my own advice. I excuse myself and say I'm doing it to lose weight but that never seems to happen either. I just find muscles that I never knew I had that can ache and pain. hahahaha

sigh ..... 2 feet???? yikes !!!

• Like 1

Today was so much better than yesterday. A lot colder, but beautiful blue skies.

I'm taking the kids over to a friend's house tomorrow so my DW can get some much needed rest between shifts. I'll be helping the friend build a treehouse for his kids while the kids run around his 6 acres. If I can't get to my minis, I can at least build the RL sized stuff with friends.

• Like 2

Long day. good memorial service for my niece. church provided a good luncheon. Got a wonderful surprise visit from my 97 yr old Uncle at the service. Then on her way home the other niece met up with a suicidal deer. The truck is toast, but they are both OK. That's a good thing because I don't think her dad could handle losing TWO daughters in one month. God was on her side tonight.

Lawanda, that's drama your family doesn't need right now. We had our #2 son & his fiancée in the car headed home to the Havana house after dinner out and had our encounter with a suicidal doe. She leaped over the hood of my car (DH was driving) and took one of the windshield wipers with her and left me with a pile of windshield fragments in my lap. The car was in the shop for a month (it was the car I later traded for my PT Cruiser).

I have taken my fasting pills and Im reading the forum before I go cook breakfast and then finish loading the RV.

• Like 1

Have been sorting through socks pairing them up and see that they all have their "buddy" now <happy sigh> sorted them so that putting them into their new drwers will be easy enough when the last pieces are added in the wardrobe area. Now to finish the washing up and then I think there will be some paper claying to do as well...

Hav ealso,sorted through and put away three bags of clothes that will be going to the Salvation Armys collection box, added four chairs for the recycling run next week. Slowly there is more space here and there....

Hugs

• Like 1

Busy few days for me. It's so funny how we can be doing the same things so far apart. My husband and I went to IKEA Friday night to pick up wardrobes for our bedroom. Put the shells together last night. Doors and insides today, and then sorting the contents before filling them up again. Open concept closets are okay, but I am so looking forward to being able to close the door on everything again. Possibly taking a trip back to IKEA this afternoon for a couple more things, including a very cool table for minis!

• Like 2