What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I checked the images available and you're right, that one is almost as crummy as my photos!  When I get the fabric I'm going to stitch  a full-sized piece on ready to mount (baste-hem the sides or cover them with masking tape; run a line of basting in a bright or dark color through the middle of the fabric vertically and horizontally to mark the center and mount it in my floor frame) I begin at the center of the picture.  I don't knot my thread, I stab the needle down four or five threads away from the center and come up at the center and stitch to cover the tail of thread.  I think you'll find as you work it'll all come back to you.

Worked several hours on the Tilt-a-Whirl of Death on Sunday.  Have a motor, the train transformer and connectors and DH figured out how to put it all together.  Broke one of the connectors but did see it rotate for a bit!  DH will bring home a new connector today and then we will film this crazy thing! LOL!

Have been invited back for a step two interview in the morning, this time with a recruiting coach... Interesting to say the least...

Hugs

Was a really interesting three hour (!) session with this fellow, next step is that he teports back to the person in-charge/boss coming Wednesday and after that we'll see what might come out of this...

Hugs

I'm guessing this position must have some new perks that are intriguing you to go through the whole interview process. Hope it includes more mini time in the package!!!

Good luck, although I'm sure you are more than qualified so luck really isn't the factor.

• Like 1

It has some perks indeed, today I work as a principal at a school with apprx 350 students and around 55 staff members and the other position is in annother municipality/town, slightly closer to home, two smaller schools with apprx 120 students each and a different approach to how to run one's own district/school as well as a connection to the University/research possibilities etc. Then again, I know my assignment where I am today and won't be devasted if I do not get this but it has certain aspects that are very interesting for sure.

Hugs

• Like 3

Back in the day, I interviewed for a job in the West Indies, an island called Nevis. The interviews were videotaped in Ft Lauderdale and sent to the corporate offices for review. I actually had no intentions of moving to Nevis since I had two small children and they wouldn't give my husband a work permit, only me. I was quite surprised when they offered me the job cause I didn't think I put that much effort into the interviews. If I had been single it would have been a great opportunity, but having other priorities I had to decline the offer. Good thing because a terrible hurricane devastated the area just a few months later.

I have been so busy in my real house and also working on my project I haven't had time to type!   I managed to get to Santa Fe to Hobby Lobby on Wednesday........YAY!!!!!!!!!!!    We were in there for 2 1/2 hours!!!    I did buy a couple of mini things but I spent most of my $$$ on stuff for my real house.

I sort of neglect the real house when I get focused on my dollhouse building.  That doesn't happen to anyone else does it???

I sort of neglect the real house when I get focused on my dollhouse building.  That doesn't happen to anyone else does it???

Well, there was the time Lloyd asked me if I planned to hire a cleaning crew ... 

• Like 3

Just stopping in to say goodbye for a short time while I hit up the hospital for my other new knee. Bright and early tomorrow morning (6AM), I'll be knocking at the OR door.

After I'm coherent again, I'll be back. Not sure of the time schedule this time. It may be harder/longer since I'm not quite done with my rehab of the other one. Twinkle can let you know if there was a problem.

Don't have too much fun without me. :)

• Like 1

Let's hope that knee gets better soon! I hurt mine last week but it's getting better every day. Unfortunately, then my legs started to hurt like I'd been overdoing squats or something, probably because I had to be careful getting up and down. Keeping busy with other things (sigh). I enjoy your posts.

Selkie, good thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery :)

After almost a week of back pain, I am mostly back to normal. I am now banned from moving furniture. Today, I finished painting the dining/craft room. A lovely shade of gray blue, almost like a pigeons feathers. I am very happy with it. Furniture is all back, and my new picture is hung up. It's a wide painting/print from Pier 1 called "Assemblage of Birds". Love it! Tomorrow, I may tackle the hallway....massive amounts of cutting in so that may wait. Laundry is ever present :lol: