What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Nothin' silly about delicious fresh produce! I only grow flowers,but I have cousins who own the biggest farming business in my town,so we enjoy fresh goodies all the time. But I had to go Google fava beans,as they are probably the only bean I've never had. I have the place to myself for a few days,which means I don't have to cook if I don't want to,so after your earlier letter I had to grab a snack to make my belly shut up!Enjoy your soup! :chef:

• Like 1

Grazhia, she's too cute :) My little guy loves to scoot around in my slippers..no wonder they get beat up so fast!

Muriel they're so precious. Milkshake huh? I give you Captain Adorable (according to jammies) feeding his otter a wooden fish.

otter-and-fish.jpg?w=592

Sounds like the worst of it is at least done Jeremy, the non crucial stuff can be unpacked at your leisure, but I completely understand wanting everything unpacked and in order.

Right now were trying to jam in as much fun time as we can, over the summer before kiddo goes to full time pre-school in September. Lots of fun in the sun and worn out kid at the end of the day :)

• Like 3

Happy 4th of July to all! Today is our 49th wedding anniversary, and DH is not home. He's been gone since last November, preferring to live with our daughter's family in another state. I honestly am not sure if he's coming back. And I'm not sure if there will be a 50th anniversary. A few days ago a friend recommended that I see a counselor, and she gave me his name and number. Haven't called yet. I've never talked to a counselor/therapist and am not sure I want to. But for the last half-hour I've been reading over the last few pages of this topic and I have decided to plan my own therapy session. It is a holiday, it is my anniversary, and I WILL MINI ALL DAY! :spoton:

We are staying home and out of the way for the 4th; I figure the neighbors will shoot off enough fireworks to scare me into thinking they'll burn down the neighborhood.

• Like 1

More photos of kids,please,I love it!! I was a very good and very happy preschool teacher for 12 yrs. before premenopause started to affect my sanity. But,now that I'm on the other side of it,I may try to go back-I really miss those little smiles! Holly,it poured buckets here in the middle of the night,and I went out on my little wood porch with the tin roof and let it just mist all over me-the wind was blowing pretty hard. Didn't get wet,just the cooling mist.Was so good while it lasted! CJ,my thoughts and prayers are with you. I can't imagine how it would be to be with someone that long. I only lasted 8 yrs. in my rocky,abusive marriage because I wasn't going to be my parents. They were miserable and made every around them miserable. They even divorced once and remarried and were even more unhappy,for a total of more than 50 yrs.,before a stroke permanently brain damaged my late father for his last 7 yrs. Point is,life is too short. Get good,professional therapy if it feels right-it did help me some. But,I agree that minis are great therapy! Hope you have a peaceful,happy day,doing something just for you,because that matters most right now-you!xoxo

• Like 2

Happy 4th of July to all! Today is our 49th wedding anniversary, and DH is not home. He's been gone since last November, preferring to live with our daughter's family in another state. I honestly am not sure if he's coming back. And I'm not sure if there will be a 50th anniversary. A few days ago a friend recommended that I see a counselor, and she gave me his name and number. Haven't called yet. I've never talked to a counselor/therapist and am not sure I want to. But for the last half-hour I've been reading over the last few pages of this topic and I have decided to plan my own therapy session. It is a holiday, it is my anniversary, and I WILL MINI ALL DAY! :spoton:

CJ, Mini all day if it makes you feel better! I'll be praying it all works out for the best.

• Like 1

Still not doing any mini work other than building a Lego helicopter with working rotors for Jaden the other day.

I tried to join Smallisimo yesterday, but every time I try to login, Wordpress refuses to accept my password. Even after changing it twice, it won't accept it! Their site looked hopeful, but if its impossible to login, its doomed from the start.

Most of the unpacking is done, so if we ever get a much needed break from the rain, I might take the kids to the pool this weekend.

CJ~ Mini away and know WE CARE! You are a friend here and all of us care. It may not change things but you are not alone. I for one am only a pm away if you ever need whatever.........strength, encouragement, hope, someone to say 'that sucks!'. Anything. And in the meantime, mini to your hearts content.

Hugs to you, Morgan

• Like 1

Still not doing any mini work other than building a Lego helicopter with working rotors for Jaden the other day.

I tried to join Smallisimo yesterday, but every time I try to login, Wordpress refuses to accept my password. Even after changing it twice, it won't accept it! Their site looked hopeful, but if its impossible to login, its doomed from the start.

Most of the unpacking is done, so if we ever get a much needed break from the rain, I might take the kids to the pool this weekend.

I just found out about Smallisimo (is that "Spanglish"??) and joined because a friend invited me. I'm not sure what it's all about, and I don't like the black background with white letters - so hard to read! :waycon: You might be able to get some sales through there, though, Jeremy.

Thank you all for your sympathy and empathy. It's been a good day so far. I'm finally making progress on my Spring Fling. I started the dry-fit and found out it has a totally different idea that I had originally - and the Kit's idea is much better! :bear:

• Like 2

Hang in there, see that counselor, follow your heart, and do mini-therapy as needed. You'll get through this.
  • Like 3

I had planned on a full 4-day weekend, but had to work part of the day. My DH had the inspired idea of making a stop at Michael's so I could just browse around while he went to 3B next door.

I almost never get time to just browse. I've always got a list when I go, well, just about anywhere. But it was great! :D I spent a long time looking at beads and charms and found some things for the SF and other current and future builds! It was so relaxing and fun I forgot to be grumpy for having to work earlier :)

• Like 2

My DH had the inspired idea of making a stop at Michael's so I could just browse around while he went to 3B next door. .....It was so relaxing and fun I forgot to be grumpy for having to work earlier :)

Wowzer !! I can't imagine having browsing time. What a super DH. I always have a troop of little ones with me (and yes, at my advanced age, I still have little ones with me) and that makes all my trips either stressful or super quick.

Just for the record, what is a 3B?

• Like 1

Wowzer !! I can't imagine having browsing time. What a super DH. I always have a troop of little ones with me (and yes, at my advanced age, I still have little ones with me) and that makes all my trips either stressful or super quick.

Just for the record, what is a 3B?

Oh sorry, that's our personal shorthand for Bed Bath & Beyond :)

I managed to get a Michael's Store yesterday, also :) The closest one to me is 30 miles away so it's not some place I just drop into. But yesterday I was working in the same town, so when I left I decided to swing by the store and pick up some supplies for my SF. Not sure how long I was there, but I did a lot of browsing - and a lot of shopping. Probably spent too much but all of it was needed for now, and for later. Scrapbooking paper was on sale - couldn't let that slip away. Some paint was on sale - always need that.

• Like 1

April, cute pic of your adorable little captain. I love the little kitchen too.

....and DH is not home. He's been gone since last November, preferring to live with our daughter's family in another state. I honestly am not sure if he's coming back.

CJ, how are you doing on your own? maybe it would be more relaxing for you if your daughter kept him? Hmm, maybe she won't want to keep him much longer and will send him back. Then you can send him back to her, and he can yo-yo back and forth, unwanted. That'd teach him. :evil:

I got invited to join Smallisimo too. It looked confusing, was hard to navigate, hard to read, I didn't like it. There are a lot of good mini blogs and sites out there, this one didn't look like it was going to be better.

Weather here had been the pits. It rained almost every day for the past month, often with temps in the 60's. Then it jumped to the 90's, sticky, with high humidity for a few days. then it went to rain and cool temps, now we've been back in 90 steamy degrees again for several days. My son works at an amusement park and is happy he's been getting the evening shift lately.

On the other hand, we're supposed to cool off in a day or so, and back to rain.

I blame my husband. He'd been talking about replacing the boards on our deck with that new composite stuff for 3 years now. This year he heard about that new Rustoleum paint that's supposed to fill in cracks on the deck and figured that he could save a lot of money by just painting the deck with it. He got the small upper landing by the back door done. Then the rains came. He was going to try and finish painting yesterday, but saw one small storm on the radar, next to our town. If he had painted I guarantee we'd have been rained on. It's important that the paint be allowed to dry for 2 days with no rain. BTW, I don't like the paint. It's just a thick plasticky paint full of sand, and it hurts to walk on with bare feet.

Have to stop now. DS doesn't know how long to heat his meatballs for his sandwich. He has to head to work early because the summer traffic has become a nightmare.

CJ, how are you doing on your own? maybe it would be more relaxing for you if your daughter kept him? Hmm, maybe she won't want to keep him much longer and will send him back. Then you can send him back to her, and he can yo-yo back and forth, unwanted. That'd teach him. :evil:

I got invited to join Smallisimo too. It looked confusing, was hard to navigate, hard to read, I didn't like it. There are a lot of good mini blogs and sites out there, this one didn't look like it was going to be better.

So far I'm doing fine on my own :) I keep thinking about my great-grandparents - my great-grandmother came out West, from MI, to visit her daughters (one was my grandmother) and she liked it here and wanted to stay. G-Grandpa came later and agreed with her, and went back to MI to sell the farm. But he never returned. He got busy and just never got around to leaving again. She was in her 80's when she died in WA, and I don't know if he came back before that or not. But he did return sometime, and lived with one of my great-aunts, and died out here at 102 years old. Can't imagine why that story keeps rattling around in my head! :)

• Like 1

There are some marriages that work a whole lot better when the couples stay apart most of the time. We have had constant rain for nearly a week; naturally, we had just gotten our yard mowed! On the other hand the little native azalea that looked like it was on its last legs; no blooms and dropped all its leaves almost as soon as Spring arrived is bursting out with new leaves! The healthier-looking one is growing to the point that this Fall I might try the master gardener's suggestion, get a brick, and see if I can get it to root for cuttings. Eventually I'd like to have a row of them across the front of our house, under DH's study window.

After being cooped up together the past two days we all piled into the truck this AM and spent half the day prowling the Naval Air Museum, along with the rest of stir-crazy Pensacola.