What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I've been out in the garden, pulling major weeds for the past 5 hours. The hose looked very tempting! I have only about 8 feet of the daylily bed left to weed. I'd so like to get it done so that flower bed will be finished, but the temp is now 90 with the heat index heading for 110 or so. I'm taking an A/C and hydration break. If I cool down enough, I think I'll go finish up. I shouldn't take more than a half hour or so.

Heard yesterday that our normal rainfall for July is 3.2" -- so far this month we've had 6.7". The weeds are flourishing, but some of the flowers and veggies are not happy with the flooding and heat.

Not doing too much today. I'm not working on any dollhouse right now, and my allergies are so bad, I can hardly breathe anyway. Mostly sat in the shade outside while Colten picks all my flowers and chases the dragonflies around the yard. We seem to have had a hatch of them or else they are migrating. There were about 20 of them in the yard today in one spot, just flying around in circles.

We did make some cactus out of some empty seed pods. Colten painted his, sprinkled gravel on the flowerpot, planted them and then I showed him how to punch yellow flowers and make them to glue on the tops. He did a pretty good job, I think we may have a mini-er growing up here!

I love my Victorian Cottage, Val! I am not making it Victorian however but its such a nice little house!

Hope you feel better Sherry!

I am stressed out and have a headache big time. I tried a little mini work in the kitchen but I think I will call it a day early.

:p

Just curious...if you were going to build an old fashioned school house someday, what house would you use?

I've taken a deep breath and glued the back roof on my little house. Finished cutting all the trim for the exterior and have two pencils soaking in paint remover. I want the pencils for columns on the front porch.

We(DH and i) moved a little glider to our front yard. It faces our house and we have been sitting and contemplating a new garden area. As if we need more outdoor work!

I started to paint the 1:24 canopy crib today.

Heidi, I'm still snickering over what happened Saturday when we went paddling. Y'all know we're having triple-digit heat indeces here and yesterday was the first day we haven't had an afternoon storm. I fell into the wanter getting into my boat at the launch; the Sopchoppy riverbanks are steep & crumbly and I missed the cypress knor everyone else was using. Anyway, it felt so good that when we stopped for lunch a few hours later I ate mine sitting in the river and a few of the other paddlers joined me. As we were getting ready to launch again it started to rain and everyone else was grabbing & putting on rain gear, including those who had just gotten out of the water with me! I love dragonflies, they eat mosquitos! And they and damselflies seem to like me, it's a rare paddling trip I don't wind up with several of them riding along on the backs of my hands.

Me, again. We suddenly realized that today was two weeks we've been checking BPs twice a day and I was concerned that 1) DH's systolic BP is still very high (the upper number, it should be less than 140 & his isn't) and 2) his heart rate is a lot lower than it ought to be, with the high pressure (49-53); so we took the piece of paper with our pressures written on it and went in to chat with the ARNP.

She doubled the dose of his meds and ordered a lab test to check the pressure in the tubules in his kidneys.

Oh, and one of the doctors called me yesterday because my triglycerides are starting to climb again and he doubled my statin med. Boy, if it's not one thing, it's another!

That's the truth, holly! I think we are just getting old, little problems all the time. I should have had surgery on my right foot years ago. I have a Texas size bunion that is bad enough to affect my posture and cause back problems. But I don't even think about it most days, just used to it. so yesterday, someone called about buying the Total gym and exercycle. While getting them out, I dropped the Total Gym on that foot, right at the base of two toes...it's black and swollen this morning and altogether, that is one grotesque foot!

Anyway, the garage sale is today and by Monday morning we should have this garage emptied and clean!

I dry-rubbed a slab of babyback ribs Thursday and put them in the fridge, planning to cook them resterday, and then we spent all day in town running from the doctor's office to the lab and by the time we were done we decided the heck with it and ran a few "town" errands. So today after breeakfast I'll pop the ribs into the oven for a while.

We found an email when we got home inviting us to paddle the Chipola River, a section beginning just below FL Caverns State Park and winding up below I-10, S of Marianna. We've done that stretch mini, mini times, and with Bonnie & its rain headed up the Gulf I don't think I want to play on the water today.

Took a day off from the garden yesterday due to sore muscles from the day before and worked on the genealogy website. Back into the garden today. Am hoping to get it in good enough shape that I can start back on the quilt shop in a few days. Got to get more weeds pulled so I can put down mulch before the stores here run out of it.

Yea you Sherry! That's great. I really need to have a yard sale, been talking about it all summer. I had every Friday off, that would have been a great time. But, no, couldn't get motivated... It's still on the list of things to do though.

Glad yours went well and fast! And have fun shopping! :p

I'm just glad it's done and over with. My house is clean, and now the garage is cleared out and there's room for DH to start on his pirogue. And I have some mad money. I hate having garage sales, but it was time well spent.

Well done Sherry, sounds very successful!

Good day at work today, though of course would rather have been home miniing! I've shingled the main house, but now need to find the next packet of shingles to do the extensions - and really can't remember where I put them! :p

I finished painting the little crib and decided to think some more on designs to paint on it and the cupboard. Guess I'll go Googling.

The house smells like ribs; I left them in for 7 hours in a VER'y slow oven, and they're drop-off-the-bone done. I have them resting in the sauce until I'm ready to reheat them and cook the corn on the cob.

I had to finally force myself to go shopping for new clothes since losing over 30 pounds my work clothes are now way to baggy. I so hate shopping and have been putting it off for a few weeks but the girls at work are now making fun of how baggy my dress slacks are so I went. Went to a place called Beall's Outlet and they had 50% off their clearance and I actually got 3 very nice pairs of slacks for $14.95 for all three including tax. Now I won't feel bad when in a couple of months they get to big and I can just donate them to Goodwill.

Now cooking out some 97% Fat free hot dogs and very lean hamburgers on the grill.

Sharon, I buy all my "dressier" clothes at Beall's Outlet. They're also excellent for linens and household items when you're equipping a house AAND a RV camper on a "fixed" retirement income.

FYI, the ribs were good.

Spent the morning weeding until the 105F heat index got to me. Came in and did some genealogy, then sorted and catalogued a 3-foot stack of mini magazines and booklets and listed them for sale in the Community Trading Post forum. It looks so much better in here just having them stacked neatly by title! Ended up keeping just an inch or so of paper. I rarely open a magazine after the first time through it and find I can get answers and inspiration here and from Google, so out they go!

I've had a lie in and am now still in bed listening to Chris making me a cooked breakfast. Isn't he good?!

Got the shingling done last night, today will be finishing off the outside of the conservatory extension and doing skirting boards. Then gotta make many many mini accessories - not looking forward to that! Have a great day all :)

The heat indeces here have been terrible, just as bad as what we had in South & Central FL on our trip last month. Our yard's a jungle! but it has been too bad to go out in for more than a few minutes at a time, and still come in looking "rode hard & put up wet". I've been having some problems seeing the threads on the Chinese elephant rug, so put it aside and started a rust colored RL sweater for me for next Winter (if it's half as cold as last year's I'll need it) and use up some of my humongous stash of yarn.

Kathie, you're inspiring me.

Had had one of those slow days today, been reading a book, listening to the rain outside the window, trying to decide on what to do with the minis... not sure just yet what is calling the loudest LOL tired out the tiny oven with baking a few muffins that turned out really nice and am going to fetch a knitted sweater as it is a bit chilly (or sort of anyways) ...

All in all, a great Sunday so far :)

Hugs

Chilly in Sweden; I''m going to focus on that today!

Yep, it is a bit chilly LOL, I am even going to cook stuff in the oven later on... It is very nice though and we needed the rain as well.

Mmmmm!!!

HUGS

Watered my little garden at 4 a.m. today, poor things, I've neglected them all so because of my foot problem. It's going to get up around 100 today and tomorrow and not much cooler the next few days after that, so I simply must water my little guys out there. Got two rather stunted looking squash hills, not much leaves or vines, but lots of blossoms, so who knows? Have beet greens and chard that are almost ready to eat, lots and lots of baby peppers, and one or two tomatoes forming. What's really sad is my poor little bush beans - I was so careful to plant them in a spot that I thought got lots of sun, then it turned out when they finally came up, they are right in the shade of a supporting post for the roof! They are only a few inches tall, but valiantly blooming anyway...

Two things I MUST do today - pack up a dollhouse kit to mail out tomorrow, and CLEAN THIS APARTMENT!! Mainly vacuum and mop the kitchen and bathroom. Wouldn't hurt if I corralled the laundry into its hamper either. Now, washing/drying the laundry will be a chore for another day(s)!

Speaking of RL knitting, thanks to someone on this forum, I finally found the "perfect" pattern for a shawl I've been wanting to knit myself out of this wonderfully soft alpaca/wool blend yarn, a beautiful rusty heather I've been dying to do something special with. Can't wait to get started on it, but NOT when it's 100 degrees out. :)