What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Wow Daphne! How sweet and exciting! Congrats! :giggle:

And Muriel, congrats on having your own branch! I know that will be nice not to have to travel around anymore.

What she said! :buddies:

Ooh, congratulations Daphne! How very exciting and romantic :buddies:

And thanks Tracy and Kathie, it will be nice not to have to drive miles away!

Stuck around while Chris did his thing. Just to say, Glastonbury shops are all the same sort of shops. Endless crystal/magic/gothic/fairy/tarot/palm reader shops. Plus one healthfood shop, good, and a discount shop closing :giggle: A boring afternoon!

Got football (soccer) to look forward to tonight though! exciting World Cup, England vs USA :angry: Come on England!! (though being a big part american (Mummy), I will in other games support USA of course!)

LMAO -- thanks Muriel! And thank you everyone for the kind words!

Definitely hear you on the World Cup games tonight -- there's family drama in terms of who's betting on who (England vs USA). Won't be able to watch the game tonight due to a family party, but it's being recorded for tomorrow morning's viewing pleasure! :)

Lloyd's ready to hunker down in front of the TV for the soccer match. I spent the morning in the garden, but a rainstorm came through a half hour ago and put an end to that. Can't plant in mud and can't even weed for fear of compacting the soil while stepping on it to reach the unwelcome greenies. I think I'll take a shower and then head downstairs to work on the quilt shop for a while. Need to make more yarn skeins and crochet cotton balls for the big display shelves and time to start dressing the work tables with machines and work in progress. I'm into the fun stuff now.

Well I am busy today with rl stuff, packing, packing, packing and more packing ugh!!! I will be so glad when this move is over with!!! I plan to get as much packing done today as possible because tomorrow I intend on spending the entire day working on my dollhouse!!!!

Congratulations Daphne, and a long and happy life together.

Today I tried 3 new recipes. Dinner was a bust, it was vile. I wound up ordering a pizza. Dessert wasn't too great either. Tastes ok but very messy, won't make it again. DH does like the dill dip though.

LOVE the tattoo, Heidi - it looks terrific! :)

Get to test out my new walking stick today - UPS brought it yesterday and it does look like it'll help, and be less awkward than a walker or even my granny grocery cart, which I often use as a walker. :banana:

Thank you! I am glad that YOU noticed it. It is at the peeling stage now and I am putting lotion on it. I am getting many compliments for it. I am glad I did it. I have one more to do on my After Surgery list...That I will talk about at a later date.

Soooo. How did the walking stick do for you? Is it helping??

Rainy day today. I need to take a quick ride out to the garden to see how the plants are doing. Then I am going to get Fred to help me put the Pomeroy on her new table. I want to get started on her but MonsterFace has started sleeping on the first floor. I need to coax him out of there permanently.

Went out for carvery lunch and was stuffed at the end of it :) Then came home to watch the end of football and then watched the wedding videos. Was nice to relive it, and seems so much longer ago than just the two weeks!

Now watching the Grand Prix while I figure out the electrics on the Village Hall. Also, it doesn't have a designated bit really that comes off to see inside the house. I was going to leave the roof removable, but want to put in beams, so they'd be there anyway when you take the roof off. Now I'm thinking I might move the front door to what was going to be the short side and leave the long side wall off... Or might leave the door where I originally had it and just put that wall on hinges... Oh, don't know! There's a big arch open on the short side wall, which can either be open to the lobby where the front door leads to, or I could turn it into a large stained glass window (more work though) Hmmmm...

I'm in Valdosta, Ga with my daughter. About 3 or 4 hours from my home. We've got orientation for college tomorrow morning. I thought we'd get here much later, but we left a little early, and it didn't take as long to get here as I thought. So we're both just hanging out here in the hotel room on the internet, waiting for bedtime. Maybe we'll go get something to eat, but I'm a little nervous about going out at night in a strange place. <br />I can't believe I'm about to send my baby girl off to college!<br />

off from work today, since I work tomorrow. Emotional roller coaster this week. The worst part was getting news that a dear friend of 30+ years put a gun to his head. He leaves behind a wife and in-laws who are reeling. We are waiting to hear funeral plans, and then hope to go. They are in FLA, so it won't be a one day trip. I have done so many mindless house and library tasks just to fight the sadness.

thanks Heidi. We hope to leave this week far far behind. Jim and I haven't had a restful sleep for days. I can't imagine the situation our friend's family is going through.

Okay, deep breath and another deep breath and maybe another.

Supper. Chicken thighs with bacon/lemon/wine/sage sauce. Comfort food on the agenda tonight. Thunderstorms around us, but we can still use the rain to beat down the heat

How sad Gayle, I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm still waiting for my mini order to arrive! Placed it on the 7th I think, they order stuff from other companies on mondays, so if any of my stuff wasn't in stock they should have ordered it on the 14th, next day delivery to them, 15th, and sent to me 16th, arriving 17th or 18th, but nothing yet. Really wanted it to do my beam work this weekend!

Talking about weekends, this was the first time I had to work all day saturday, and I definitely preferred half day every saturday to whole day every second saturday :hug: Especially as I'm out all day Monday for the next three weeks doing intensive diabetes work at the hospital. Hopefully should be interesting, but takes over my usual day off! The actual day wasn't so bad, I had a whole load more requests for advice than I normally do during the week. Just missing the extra half day off where I did so much that it made saturdays seem like an extra day off.

back from FLA tonight. Navy (and there was an Army representative) military funerals are so solemn and dignified, but a beast to get through. It was a sad journey, but I'm glad we could make the trip down.

We stayed three days and drove back today. Stopped on Amelia Island to stick our toes in the surf and reflect. Then stopped in to an antique store we'd spotted on the way in. A wonderful spot and loaded up two arts/crafts era solid oak chairs for $40 (for both), and two old Shackman miniature kitchen pieces for $7.

I really fought attending my 50th HS reunion (I had issues with the last one I'd attended 20 years ago) so DH offered my a month-long road-trip, which I've posted about (so far). There is such a bittersweetness about the 50th; I'll start attending more HS reunions as long as I can; the other people have finally come to appreciate the special bonds we all had, and how truly short a time we get to spend on this side of the dirt; so this reunion was a celebration of joy.

I'm letting DH sleep in, there are some dark clouds already out there. He wants to go paddling after breakfast over off of Shell Mound, and I don't paddle in stormy/ rainy weather (lightning & water don't mix, IMHO).

Here at Cedar Key people are bracing for the arrival of the oil; fish that the charter boats normally go after 'way out in the Gulf are being caught near the islands now, and it's scary! Not only will the fresh seafood supply be decimated, but whole towns will dry up and die when the fishing & beaches are gone.

... funny you should ask what I'm doing today... I'm camping on the telephone today ... talking to India ... in broken English (him, not me)

My mother, who lives with us, bought a new printer a few days ago, a really nice HP LaserJet color printer, as she proofs and prepares manuscripts for people and has worn out the last two printers she had. OK -- so it's a nice new printer, with a nice new feature of a menu-window on the printer, not the computer. So she's trying to get acquainted with this thing, scrolling through the menu, seeing all the options -- and comes to the Language Choice. Don't ask me why, but out of idle curiosity she pushes the "Russian" option on the language menu; just to see what it looked like, I guess.

The problem is -- now the whole menu is in Russian and she can't get back to English. Or maybe she did back to the English option but doesn't know it. She asked me to help her, but there's not much you can do if you don't speak or read that language! So I finally find a phone number, go through their menu with Robo-Lady asking stupid questions, and finally get connected to "Sam" in India.

After 2 hours he finally admits that he doesn't know how to fix this, his supervisor has never addressed this issue, NO ONE knows what to do -- they will confer and call back tomorrow!

If she had just hit Spanish, or French, we could have fumbled through it. But Russian?????

:roflmao::p If anyone needs to contact me, I will be curled up in the corner of my dollhouse!

Oh, Claudia, does your mom proof Russian texts? I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

We went over to Shell Mound (in the Lower Suwanee Wildlife Management Area) and launched at the County park campground there. Once we'd paddled out into the Gulf between the shore and the islands we spotted our former launch site, which has been all reworked and now has a really nice wheelchair-accessible fishing pier. I suggested to DH we go back and play at the pier and see what/ if we can catch. While we were out paddling a nice young couple in a canoe were fishing and the young man caught a drum (redfish) that was HUGE!, almost half as long as the man who caught it! I offered to make hushpuppies in return for coming over to help them eat it, but they didn't take up my offer. The weather started to turn and the wind got a lot stronger, so after playing on the water for two hours with no beaches to land on (tide was coming in) we came in.