What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I could probably use a good hike...I'm just wandering around the house peeking at my finished Spring Fling 2010-lost because it's finished.Well, they're never "finished".But

the mind moves ahead and I have some other projects I might consider......

Everyone..Have a Safe and Happy Memorial Day!! :p ;)

I slept in today. I am waking up as I type..LOL

I want to go out and buy some annual flowers for the front porch pots. I had been putting it off for some reason..Do not ask me why. Anyway. I want to get some dirt and flowers so I can plant those pots pretty.

Then I am going to bake the rack of ribs that I bought for an hour in the oven..then throw then on the grill. BBQ!

Beautiful day today!

flower shopping is always an 'upper' for me. Hope you find something nice for your porch pots, Heidi. Our garden is pretty much shopped for right now, but we need to dig holes to get some trees out. Not a good time to be planting for us in the hot South, but these will be heading toward shady areas. I picked my first raspberries from the vines we put in pots on our front porch. I was determined to harvest a few before the birds noticed them. I have a fig bush that has an impressive number of fruit for a shrub growing in a pot. Not that fond of figs to eat, but I love the plant, so birds can probably have at it. The tomato plants need further staking. They are some type of heirloom variety Christopher brought from the garden center and seemed awfully small, esp when I buried them up to their lower branches, but they are producing nicely. Herbs have gone crazy and the parsley bolted before I knew it. I'll start harvesting and freezing some.

I'm reluctant to grill tonight since thunderstorms have been unpredictable last few days. We need the rain, so I won't wish them away.

Holly, you look so CUTE in your hiking gear!

I ordered loam a couple of weeks ago. First she said it would come late that week or early next week. The on Monday I called and she said, not till the end of the week. The end of the week came and went. DH said he'd order loam from the garden center instead, but he didn't. I've got plants on the back porch that have been ready to plant for a couple of weeks now, so I dragged my son to the hardware store and we bought home 4 40lb. bags of cheap potting soil to fill in where I need to plant things NOW. I know, I should have put my foot down last fall and insisted we needed another load of loam then, but I didn't feel like arguing about it.

I just planted 16 petunias, and now that the last bag of mulch has been deposited nearby, I shall go and mulch. Still have to plant the carnations. Oh, a few days ago I found a dark green plastic bag behind some stuff in the dining room. Turns out it was the daylilys I bought at Walmart a couple of months ago. I wonder if they'll still grow. ;)

Holly your picture put a big smile on my face. Your energy inspires me!

I'm not doing any real life gardening but I did find some new landscaping supplies yesterday and that always makes me happy. I found some great bushes at the local train store and some pretty little flowers and greenery at Hobby Lobby for my Tennyson. I've decided to go to the next step and try putting a rippling creek and a tiny waterfall (or some kind of water feature) into the Tennyson landscape so I'm getting ready to go into research mode.

Deb

I bought a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

I am cooling off now and then I will plant the pots.

I got a scare about an hour ago. I went to water the newish rose bush out back and (you all on FB know what I am about to say!!!)

that darn raccoon crept down my back steps from the top yard. Went on the patio. I screamed for Jesus and ran for the front of the house.

The raccoon went to the neighbors to eat seeds. This was at 3:45pm. My neighbor across the street seen him this time. He said he will take care of his trolley for me. He had never seen me scared before.

I am going to call up about wildlife peoples. I want that raccoon gone!

dashed next door through raindrops and fireflies with old Ms Ollie poodle to feed the neighbor cat. Ollie beat me, hands down, back up the home steps. No rain drops on HER back! ;)

Six hours of thunder and black clouds, twenty minutes of rain.

Youngest son has all sorts of fun at my expense about the little old granny-lady in the out-of-doors; he has the good sense not to open his mouth when I'm in my bicycling spandex, though.

today i did the food shopping :lol: i hate the supermarket not to mention the putting it all away :p

on the upside...the making a list of 14 meals and shopping for them is proving to be saving millions of $$$$ well maybe not millions but so worth the effort :wave:

and it means i only have to hit that supermarket once a fortnight ;)

Sooooo happy it is Friday tomorrow, this week has just flewn passed me; Monday just plain filled with lots of work and chores, then Tuesday our 15 year anniversary topped with getting the contract back signed and sealing the house selling along with me being on a full day of exam for a new part of my job assignement coming fall, yesterday the school I work with had their summer party, this evening the school I work at as part time principal/headmaster had their summer party so TGF tomorrow!!!

Yesterday while not paying attention I accidently slammed the garage door over my right shoulder so now I carry a great big bruise and sore shoulder which is no fun, but nothing really bad, just annoying...

I have a few PM's to answer :pcwhack: and will do so tomorrow afternoon when I can think straight again, heading of to see the pillows about now....

HUGS

two things happened today that is letting me know that my dollhouse muse is coming home from her hitchiking vacation...

I was cleaning off a plate that Chelsea was using and it had glue on it. As i peeled it off, i got a twinge of i do not know what to say..dollhouse urge.

Then later in the day she asked me out of the blue...why dont you do dollhouses anymore?

I think I am doing a dollhouse and it is not the kids dollhouse. i am going to plop the pomeroy onto the diningroom table!

Marvelous, Heidi!! My Brookwood is in the back of my mind, but I won't start working on it for a while. I'm saving it for next winter, when I'm stuck indoors and need something to take me elsewhere, like maybe some tropical climate....:pcwhack:

What's really caught my imagination is the new half-scale Greenleaf houses - love to try one, but will content myself for a while with making some half-scale accessories. Just waiting for a thread delivery, and resting my eyes.:p

Ooh fabulous news Anna! Congratulations on selling the house :pcwhack: and congratulations on 15 years! :p

We went for a little trip to north London area. On the way there on Wednesday we stopped at Chris' parents house and had a chat with his nans who were still there since the wedding. Then we went on to Hatfield where his brother has been at university and had his final degree show exhibition. He did modelling and special effects, so there were some great pieces of work in the gallery! Yesterday we went to see elephants in London with his brother. We went to the zoo first (where Chris thought we were going to see elephants) which was pretty good, but no elephants, and quite a few of the animals were sleeping as it was a very hot day. Then we went to see some of the elephants I meant. They're spread out around the city, so we just saw some of them and didn't spend ages finding them all. Feet had had enough by the end of the day! Went back to Hatfield to get the car and drove home. While we were there on the Wednesday night we'd thought about spending another night, but hadn't brought enough of my insulin along for that so couldn't :(

Ordered the town hall from DHE to do a wedding scene for the elephant cake toppers, so busy wondering whether it'll arrive today... Hope so, but forgot to tell Chris to order it next day delivery, so probably won't.

Muriel, those elephants are too precious! I hope you found a goodly number of them before you gave up.

I've been working in the garden, pulled a muscle in my back, something that rarely happens to me. Today I may have to rein in, despite a number of plants still in pots that need to go into the ground.

Muriel, I can`t wait to see the wedding scene you are doing with the elephants, they are so cute!!

I have been just motoring along on the Beacon Hill, I am almost ready to start putting the siding on, I`m so excited!! I just love this house it is so pretty, I just can`t stop looking at it!! It is supposed to rain here for the next three days so my goal is to have the roof completely shingled and the siding started by Monday, wish me luck!!

day off, so had a combo of cleaning AND mini making. After laundry and grocery store, pulled everything from underneath our bed This is only a double but very high old bed, so MANY boxes: 2 of old photos/2 of wrapping paper/2 boxes of Jim's choo choo trains/1 box of Jim's stamp collection/1 box of genealogy stuff. Vacuumed thoroughly and will damp mop the wood floor this weekend. Nothing will go back under there! I've developed asthma over the last year, so am desperate for a better sleeping situation. The dust bunnies and cat hair were so thick under there that I probably shoulda' had a mask on.

On the fun side, I made 5 stems of mini gloriosa lilies from an SDK kit I've had for awhile.

Youngest son is at a HS graduation party (HOORAY, my Baby Boy walked the 'diploma walk' yesterday!). His leftover family members are fixing shrimp and grits.

Well as it turns out I am not getting as much done as I had hoped. I have been fighting a migraine for the past 32 hours, sick to my stomache, blurred vision and sensitivity to light and noise!! This doesn't happen to me very often but boy when it does it sure hits me hard!! I'm feeling a bit better this morning so I'm planning to do some work on my house at least the whole weekend won't be a wash, I hope!!

I got the village hall from DHE and am busy bashing away. I know what I want to do, and am working away to get it done. One thing I haven't sorted out at all yet is how to decorate it! At the moment I think the outside should be stone, I think bigger grey stones rather than red bricks. But means I have to make lots of egg carton stones or try out clay stones, and can't quite seem to get in the mood for that! Inside as well I'm not sure. It is open plan with a balcony area inside. Thinking about white plaster with dark wood work, but not sure! I'm hoping to enter it into the DHE creative contest, so don't want to give too much away. But then again, want to show what I'm doing and get input! :D

I'm adding an addition to it with lots of windows, which was sold built, but which I've dismantled and litterally bashed quite a bit. It is a reddish not so nice brown varnish colour, so whatever I use on the outside of the building will have to kinda cover that too. Hmmmmmm.

Muriel, I'm glad you are entering the DHE comp. I know you would have entered the SF if it hadn't been for the deadline and RL important issues such as getting married - lol. I'l look forward to seeing what you do. I thought about entering but having done the SF, I really must get back to the Garfield - Rutland Grange is calling me from under the stairs and the Bath townhouse is constantly moaning in the corner of the lounge.

Heidi, give your muse a big welcome hug and let her work her magic.

I've fixed most of the electrical problems on the Garfield so the inside is pretty much complete. I am now doing a kitchen garden. Hope to get that moving today - so far its a bit of board and an idea.

I was off a half day on Thursday. Spent the day at the dollhouse shop and then eating with a girlfriend. I didn't get much mini-ing done after that. Friday, I did get quite a few things done with Le Reve Estate (I'll post pics later). Saturday I worked and took Celeste and Breyanna out. Sunday, I went to church and then came home to work on a few mini projects. I even started on the Foxhall Manor! I'm SO excited about this house!! I'll post remodeling pics soon!

Muriel it's so exciting that your planning to enter the HBS contest, I can't wait to see what you do with this project!!

Well the headache did subside somewhat yesterday so I was able to make some mini progress!! The porch is complete, now on to the kitchen bay window!! I'm really hoping to make up for lost time, I would love to get started on the shingles and siding at some point this week!!

Shelly, it is the DHE (Dolls House Emporium) Creative contest I'm entering. It is a shell that looks like a chapel or church, or a village hall as they call it. Deadline is end of August, but as I'm away on honeymoon for most of that month I need to get it done by the end of July. So busy busy! Pity I have to go back to work tomorrow :D