What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

• 2 weeks later...

It sure is hot in this Florida place!! Especially when the theme park queues are longer than the shaded are is :) But we're doing ok and enjoying our honeymoon. (Yes, would have come at a different time if jobs didn't dictate when time had to be taken!)

Hoping Chicago at the end of the month is a little cooler, but the last news I saw was the city putting on air conditioned buses for residents to cool down in - not so promising! :D

Off to Rons tomorrow, just came online to check the location.

Ron's in on West Colonial Drive (State Road 50), about four blocks west of I-4. Afterwards if you continue on out West Colonial there are a couple of thrift shops; if you make it all the way to US 27 at Clermont and hang a right, there's a wonderful winery a few miles to the north.

It sure is hot in this Florida place!! Especially when the theme park queues are longer than the shaded are is :) But we're doing ok and enjoying our honeymoon. (Yes, would have come at a different time if jobs didn't dictate when time had to be taken!)

Hoping Chicago at the end of the month is a little cooler, but the last news I saw was the city putting on air conditioned buses for residents to cool down in - not so promising! :D

Off to Rons tomorrow, just came online to check the location.

But its a wet heat! :D

I always get a laugh when northerners write about how we should stop using air conditioning. Maybe up north, but not down here!

This is the worst time to visit theme parks in Florida. My wife and I are waiting to use the remaining two days on our 3 day pass. Either in the fall (which lasts about 2 weeks here) or the early spring (Feb-April) are the best times. Kids are in school so fewer vacationers and the weather isn't quite as warm.

My local mini lumber supplier has offered to cover the $150 fee for the Gainesville Craft Festival this November if I hang his company's banner at my booth, so I might have both houses on display for the first time.

Glad to see you back in the forum, Gina! Hope things settle and you can get some rest. Namaste!

Day off, got sevral home tasks done. Sinus infection has grown worse and I've had sleeping issues because of it. Need Sinu-RotoRooter.

Alexandra cat has been under the weather with the gassy cat trots (NOT to be indelicate on the issue...). Our AC HAS been restored.

Had a few hours to wander thrift and consignments stores between grocery/DMV visits. Our local DMV offices have undergone changes to soften (HAHAHA) and make them kinder/friendlier toward the public (HAHAHAHA!) I don't HAHA lightly...I have been their victim several times, however today I was on their side as a patron went wacko over something the DMV employee had no control over and was a State law. The employee was very kind, sympathetic, offered advice, and reassured the lady that the issue was still trying to be resolved. The lady continued to have a loud tantrum.

Ron's in on West Colonial Drive (State Road 50), about four blocks west of I-4. Afterwards if you continue on out West Colonial there are a couple of thrift shops; if you make it all the way to US 27 at Clermont and hang a right, there's a wonderful winery a few miles to the north.

Thank you, found it on the map, and will look out for the thrift shops! I need a new book to read in the theme park queues anyway, I'm tired of '20 questions' and 'I spy'. (Chris gets bored quickly.) We're not big wine fans so not sure if we'll make it as far as the winery.

But its a wet heat!

Yup, we're sweating buckets! :)

The disney parks aren't too bad to be honest, the universal islands of adventure one had long queues though. Today was Typhoon Lagoon, so enjoyed being in the water (and my face is only a bit pink despite frequent repeated factor 45+ applications!)

The disney parks aren't too bad to be honest, the universal islands of adventure one had long queues though. Today was Typhoon Lagoon, so enjoyed being in the water (and my face is only a bit pink despite frequent repeated factor 45+ applications!)

Muriel, I hope you are getting lots of water. UIA is only horrendously busy because of Harry Potter. If you get the time, you should also try to make it down to Kissimmee/St. Cloud. There are some gorgeous houses down there for inspiration, fantastic restaurants (try O'Doherty's in St. Cloud) and the whole dowtown of Kissimmee and St. Cloud is thrift stores and antique shops. There is also a mini store in St. Cloud on New York Ave. Oh, and try Old Town/Fun Spot in Kissimee on 192. There is a toy shop there that sells all you can want for mini garages and a store dedicated just for pets. :)

Jeremy, that would be so cool!!!

I am busy feeling elated, because I *finished* the interior of the Highland. All that's left is accessories and such. I will be working on the exterior this weekend!!!

I need a new book to read in the theme park queues anyway, I'm tired of '20 questions' and 'I spy'. (Chris gets bored quickly.)

Muriel, See if you can get a Hidden Mickey book. Those are fun to try and find as you're going through the parks, and would give you something to read in the lines. Have fun!

At least the cows get put out of their misery at the end. The last time we waited on line was for nearly three hours waiting to get to the ticket window at the Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago. Never again.

At least the cows get put out of their misery at the end....

:) Right? We did Sea World last August, and although it was fun, it was horridly hot AND I, along with my brother's wife, was pregnant. And to top it off, the water park was CLOSED!!! :D We filled up plastic water bottles at every water fountain and happily sat in the Splash Zone at Shamu's show! :D

I have chores, chores, chores today and a yard sale to prepare for. In between chores, I keep coming in here to cool off and stick some trim up around the windows. I have a fateful trip to make to Walmart for wipes and baby stuff. Charlie broke 2 teeth through!! I had been putting it off, not wanting to deal with onslaught of college students needing cheap green coffee pots and such. But I can do that no longer! Wish me luck!

Fry, baby, fry! I'd love some fried chicken right about now!...
Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa! (but it was SOOOoooo GOOD!)I pulled off the skin & fat and dipped them in selfrising cornmeal and herbs mixture and popped them in the skillet with a sprtz of cooking spray, and afterwards patted them on paper towels. They were crisp on the outside, juicy inside & falling off the bones!

Sounds like heaven to me, Holly! I've done the same thing with chicken breast fillets and felt truly, monstrously evil....and loved every bite.

Ahem, my neighbor who is a professional cook at one of the best restaurants in the area brought me a gorgeous plate of hot meatloaf sandwich with mushroom gravy yesterday. I was weak and didn't tell him "NO!" - and it was completely wonderful.

I'm bad, I am SO bad!

I see I shall have to pick some portobello mushrooms next trip to the store! For our wedding anniversary & other occasions of state DH takes me out for haute cuisine; part of that is because I proceed to spend the next several months working on duplicating what I had in a low-fat, healthier version!lol Howsomeever this year my dinner plate was garnished with a "balsamic syrup" that was outstanding, and night before last when I cooked braised lamb shoulder chops I made some to garnish the plates; YUM!

I am still sooo tired this morning! It will probably be the weekend before I get rested up. They keep talking about long term substitute for this teacher and I really don't want to commit to that. If I wanted to be tied down to lesson plans, teacher meetings, working 5 days a week...I'd get a full time teaching job!

We had a "town" day today in Tallahassee and I found something for Sherry's trading post (it'll take me a while to fix it up...), I also found a Chicken Chucker, and when I get tired of chucking chickens they're a nice size to use in a 1:24 scale Chinese grocery storeor restaurant window.

LOL, I was trying to figure out what you'd use a chucker for in a Chinese grocery. It finally dawned on me that you were talking about the chickens, not the chucker! Can't wait to see what you found for the trading post! Filling this big shop is going to be a chore, but the things you sent me sure gave me a good start on it!

A second day's break from minis, we forgot our eye appointment last week! (our opthamologist understands these things!lol) and are going in this AM, and then spend most of the afternoon in Monticello, FL. I think I'll take my RL sweater to work on...

I'm knitting a baby afghan for my neice's baby who was born 2 weeks ago. He is so cute. I knit , knit and knit and it never seems any longer. Only 10 inches to go. I want to have it done before he starts school LOL. Another week or two and he will have a very special little "blankie" to hug when his older sisters won't let him in their rooms. Other than knitting and tending to the garden I have had no time for mini-ing. The canner seems to go full steam ahead each day as the beans, corn and tomatoes ripen. I can now get down on my hands and knees once again, if only for a short time, so I think I am recovered from the surgery. Can't believe that August is almost over. My mother, once again, is in a delusional state of mind and is not speaking to me because of something she imagined I did. I don't know if I will ever get over her behavior. She has been like this all of my 66 years and it still bothers me that she can be so mean and hateful. Thankfully my 3 sisters have been at the receiving end of her behavior too and know how she is and don't believe a word she says. It has made an unhappy summer to dela with this once again.

I do not feel so great today. I have been going full speed ever since Fred got sick that I never take the time to take care of myself. I take my meds, I watch my sugars, and I eat. I have not be *exercising* in the traditional sense because I have been so busy doing everything else!

So today I dropped Nat off at therapy and I knew I had an hour. I went to drop off the movies (Redbox) and pick up something to do for dinner and I just did not feel good. So I turned around, went home, and had Fred pick her up. I hope I am not coming down with something.

Not to be funny but both cats were sick..First Oliver and now MF is almost done with some sneezing fit that last 3-4 days. No mucus. So maybe it is allergies.

I made a really good bruschetta last night and I am eating the leftovers with a fork for lunch. Chelsea made a potato/leek soup and I think I am going to have some of that too.

I hate feeling under the weather especially now that the humidity has died down. I have one more batch of strawberry jam to make. This weekend I want to go pick peaches, pears, and apples. Going to try to make apple butter.

So that is about it....

I will be okay. Just feeling kinda crappy. This too shall pass.

Well today I am still working on clay foods, my boyfriend is at work and I notice this morning one of our salt water fish may have ich, hopefully the shrimp will clean him up! Hope everyone that is not feeling well gets better! I am fairly new to this site but here is my album if you would like to browse it, the pink dollhouse is for my my bf sisters daughter so its not really accurate just for fun she is only 3!

http://s331.photobucket.com/albums/l444/we...s%20Dollhouses/ hopefully my link works! :welcome: