What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

For all those suffering in the heat and humidity in Florida, are there mosquitos around too? We're going to be in various places to the south of Orlando and wondering if we'll be bitten as well as fried and boiled? :)

ooooooo Muriel sounds like an exciting escapade :horse:

University has gone back after a glorious 8 weeks off and i'm back to driving my daughter there and back again.

she has a sight problem and via public transport its a bus...2 trains and another bus...a 2 hour trip there and 2 hours back if she even found the right bus/train to get on ....whereas driving its 45 mins there and 45 mins back...what a good mother i am :)

Plus i usually wait for her and research houses in the library or work on my rugs so its a fairly productive couple of hours 3 days a week ;)

You are a good mother Linda!

Wanted to add that we'll be at Ron's in Orlando on Saturday 21st August if anyone would like to meet us there? We think we'll get there around 11am and by the sounds of it will be there at least a couple hours if not 4! PM me for my phone details or email address if you'd like it to meet, otherwise I'll maybe just see you there.

Muriel, our news reports several cases of mosquito-borne illnesses, including a couple of fatalities. In addition to you spf50 sunscreen bring plenty of Deet-based insect repellent. Deet won't work against the big biting horseflies, but you shouldn't encounter those in Orlando; it totally makes you invisible to mosquitos.

Alas, we'll be deep into preparations for our next trip later this month. Have a safe, comfortable trip.

I've done all I can with the house for today. Gonna take a nap, paint furniture for the kitchen of the trading post, and run some stuff over to Roy's. Then maybe take another nap! I was wide awake at 3 am and am sleepy now!

I spent about five hours conditioning enough clay to make the rest of the dolls for the Fairfields (I hope!) and now my hands are too sore & puffy to sculpt today. DH took off late this AM to run errands so it's quiet (relatively).

Laundry, laundry, laundry...then a break to make the bed :) The mini one, that is.... then errands, errands, errands... back to switch off kids with James. Still need to run to the store and then post bedtime I will finish the laundry and probably paint the fireplace in the bedroom. Need to go to inlaws and make cold porcelain and chop up a ton of wood.... easier to put that off until Sunday though. James' birthday is Friday and my sister is coming to visit tomorrow, so there probably won't be much done over the next couple days.

Today was supposed to be a simple trip to get groceries, and then start sculpting the Gotrox family, but NOOoooo! We got about halfway down US27 & DH said, I don't think the gearshift is connecte to anything. We couldn't remember where our mechanic lived, of course, so we turned off US 27 onto the road that heads back towards our house, and suddenly I remembered which road it was off of; and just in time to turn to go there. Of course, we made a wrong turn first, onto a deadend lane; and since there was no shifting into reverse we had a bit of fun getting turned around whilst going forward. Then we spotted the correct road as we were passing it, another car trying to make puppies with the rear bumper. there's a biker bar at the other end of the road, with a great big dirt parking lot, and we were able to turn around there, and turn around there a second time when we discovered the mechanic's road's sign is only visible from the other direction. We finally got ther, spotting it as we passed his driveway, not too far from the deadend of his road; so I got to steer it backwards whilst he & DH pushed me backwards towards the driveway.

Once he got it on the lift and discovered it wasn't the clutch (I drive a manual 5-speed; I get 30 mgg) he lowered it back down and opened the hood and began the tedious task of disembowiling it to find the transmission. There are no longer any bushings to help hold the gear shift in place in order to shift the gears. He nicely wrote down our VIN # and other info and took us home to pick up the F250. We got to the dealership and they had one set of manual transmission cables with bushings in stock. The parts dealer sold it to us for a nice discount (I was looking fairly pitiful, leaning on my cane) and off we went to the grocery store, since it's right on the way to the mechanic's house. He thinks he'll have it fixed by tomorrow. I'll have to go with DH so I can drive my baby home.

Car trouble stinks! And maneuvering in the heat? Bah. :) James put a hitch on my Jeep last night and now the stinkin' hatch won't close. Rawr!! Back to horse and buggy we go!!!

Ah, but our mechanic has a humongous fan going full bore in his work area, which only has a roof; so it wasn't too bad. I grew up in West Palm Beach without air conditioning, so I know how to stay out of the killer heat.

I grew up in Idaho, but despise the cold and the wet.... I also wilt all pathetic like in the heat. Between 75 and 85, I am happy. To bad that is a very short time period here. :)

DH took me out to our favorite ***** restaurant for our anniversary dinner last night. Their chefs (all young guys with wild ideas for creative cuisine) had come up with the most fabulous braised frogs' legs appetizer! We love to go there for special occasions because they have access to meats & veggies our grocery stores don't carry. My entree was humongous sea scallops (real ones, NOT manta fin punchouts) with Swisss chard and a balsamic syrup garnish I'm going to be experimenting to see if I can duplicate (inspiration for new recipes is another reason we go there).

Well we were going to go out for buffet breakfast before we leave Key West this morning, but it is pouring and we haven't got umbrella's yet, so thinking we might just stay in and pack :rant:

:rant: Muriel, have you & Chris had any key lime pie yet? Or conch fritters?

We missed out on early voting yesterday, when it started, so are getting ready to go vote (and stop by the Post Office, Debra!).

Oh Muriel. I hope you both had a wonderful time in Florida!

I have not been around much because I have been tending to tasks that Fred cannot even begin to help me with because of his vertigo. He has his first PT appt tomorrow and he has an upper endoscopy on Thursday.

I on the other hand have another issue. I have swelling of my left ankle and foot (and I think my leg up to my knee as a whole). It has happened twice. I called GP office today about it. Secretary said they were slammed with patients and I might not be seen till next week. So I left message for the Dr of my symptoms. I got a call about 20 mins later and they want me to come in today at 245pm.

I guess it is not something simple..it never is.

Let us all hope that it is NOT DVT. Besides the fact that it is a bad thing, it will completely cancel my plane trip next month.

I will give a report when I come back.

Sherry,

If I do not answer today/tonite...I will have Natalie PM Deb on FB to let her know what is up..and She can let you all know. I am hoping it is nothing. I have been walking and it is just a crick or something of that sort.

I quit smoking and have surgery to have all he&& break loose for me. Ugh.

Ever since we got back from Seattle and Alaska things have been really chaotic. I have been trying to get my mini stuff back under control, sorting through several projects and trying to take pictures of everything as well as load them into my laptop when it crashed and DH said "Enough!" and he ordered me a new MacBook Pro. When my efforts to extract all the important stuff to migrate to my new one failed we had to call in the guru who keeps us out of trouble and he resurrected the old one (it had a lot of "stuff" that had to repaired.) and set up the new one. I thought I had lost nearly 4200 pic although I do have them all backed up on a flash drive but they are all organized on the computer. Then we both came down with some kind of gasto bug and both were out of it for nearly a week drained by the heat and the bug. Now DD2 has it. No idea of what it was. One good thing is we both lost a great deal of the weight we both put on during the cruise. The food was great!!!

Right now I am working on the English Cottage so that I can clear off my work space and finish up a couple of unfinished projects from the classes at NAME and the cruise. The shell is painted and the roof is shingled. I have put together the three sets of shutters and the flower boxes but they need to be painted. That will get done as soon as I log of the computer here. Then the landscaping. I have the furniture kits but those will have to wait until the trip kits are finished so that I can do them while the instructions are still fresh.

I added a couple of pictures so that you could see what I am working on from the trip. Only one is finished, that of a quarter scale garden. The bed is not. There is another class from the cruise that I added a picture of,it is of a dressed manikin with a large trunk that functions as a dressing room. This is also not a picture of what I am doing but from Karen Hainey's class. My dress is purple with a slight train but I am so pleased with how it is going. I also added on one of the Cobbles, a quarter scale house which is under a glass dome. This was a class I really wanted but it was sold out and I did not make the cut. Did get the kit though and it will be on the list to do as well. Since I am still trying to organize the pictures from the trip these pictures are from the NAME site. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be able to show you my finished versions in my albums here on the GL site.

post-557-1281458745_thumb.jpg

post-557-1281458777_thumb.jpg

post-557-1281458795_thumb.jpg

post-557-1281459909_thumb.jpg

Everything is fine! No Clots! WooHoo!

I am to elevate my foot and lay off the soda. Now that I think about it, I did drink a bit more then I would usually drink while his family was here visiting and that night my foot blew up.

Yay!

I can go on my trip!

*cough cough...I wonder if I should mention my trip..? cough cough*

Yes, this trip is on an airplane and it is to visit one of our GL members. But that is all I am gonna say until I get confirmation that I can spill the beans. I am buying my tickets tomorrow and I am scared, excited, nervous, and giddy all at the same time!!

I feng shui'd my bedroom! Is feng shui'd a word? I guess it is now... Anyway, I moved most of my furniture and found two dollhouse kits in the process. I also found a couple of "presents" from the cats when I moved the bed... eww. Now I just have to decide which pictures go on which walls, and put my laundry away instead of leaving it on the chair. I'll finish cleaning the walls and baseboards tomorrow.

I read a neat article about making a headboard out of your artwork and I have a few blank canvases, that if I bolt them together, would make for a nice sized headboard. I've been wanting to carve a headboard but haven't the space, so painting one will be a good substitute for now. :no:

ETA

And that was my 2,000th post! Boy I sure talk alot! :rant: