What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Furnace is getting cleaned as I type this. So far so good. I am thinking I am going to do another batch of strawberry jam today. I am in the mood. First batch came out wonderful!

Good luck Sherry! Me? I HATE to wallpaper.

I'd planned on working on the beach house this morning, but when I went to add new products to NEM, I discovered that when I added some new sections in Reutter several days ago, all my Reutter accessories and half scale items vanished from the half scale and accessories subsections! I had to put everything back where it was supposed to be, took a big chunk of my morning. I also found out I had at least 11 items with no sizes. I was sure I had found everything I had missed sizing already. Now I'll have to go to the storeroom with my ruler.

Finished and painted the flower boxes, doors, and shutters for the Old English Cottage. Am installing them this morning, just waiting for the glue to dry. Next is the landscaping and I should get to that this afternoon or tomorrow AM.

I have worked out a satisfactory compromise with the wallpapering. I hang a couple of strips, then I glue down flagstones on the trading post porch while the wallpaper dries. Not getting anywhere too fast with either of them, but I'm not getting bored either!

It was said fully tongue in cheek :p ... aren't you up to 34 thousand or something like that?
Probably 35K by now; that's why I said :angry:!

I made some darker flesh tone clay today and made my little people to live in La Casita, at long last! (they'll have to chase the 1:48 Homies out!)

I'll put them with the 1:24 Homies I was originally going to turn loose in the Fairfields (before I got over my terror of sculpting in 1:24). I'm thinking of doing a 1:24 scratch build, thanks to April, for all the Homies.

I'm in the process of making my own herbal ointment, out of desperation. A friend gave me a jar of comfrey ointment to try on my foot, and it seems to be the only thing that's actually promoting noticable and healthy healing of the wound there. So I go online looking to buy some more, both to use myself and to give to my friend to replace what she gave me, and sure, it's there several places. HOWEVER - the FDA in its infinite wisdom has decided that "ingesting large doses" of comfrey might possibly cause liver cancer. So this ointment has been withdrawn from the market and you basically can't get that anymore.

Believe me, I'll take the chance of possible future liver cancer (if ingesting large quantities of this herb - note I said "ingesting", not smearing a very small amount on healing skin) over the likelihood of losing a foot due to septicemia any day of the week.

So I am steeping comfrey leaves in warm olive oil for several hours this evening to make an oil infusion, which I will then combine with melted beeswax into an ointment, which I will then continue to smear on my (thank you, Lord) healing wound.....

Ummmm....it just occurred to me that in another age I most likely would have been burned at the stake. Late middle aged lady living with a sleek black cat she talks to a lot (and who talks back!), brewing strange things in her kitchen, and making these miniature images of things for no doubt nefarious purposes....Glad I'm living now instead of then, and have you folks who understand!

Ummmm....it just occurred to me that in another age I most likely would have been burned at the stake. Late middle aged lady living with a sleek black cat she talks to a lot (and who talks back!), brewing strange things in her kitchen, and making these miniature images of things for no doubt nefarious purposes.

:) You are probably right! Such a shame, you little voodoo hexing cat lover!!!

I made lots of tiny thing for the craft room today. Watched all of Gabrielle's tuts. Played with the kids. Cleaned the house. Washed diapers. Hung out with James' mom for an hour or so... mini-ing, of course (showed her new stuff and made her a paper towel roll and holder). Then went to the store to pick up bias tape and fabric to make more quilts. Came home, made a late dinner, played with the kids and put them to bed. :angry: :):p Now it is ten and I still have to load the dishwasher, take the trash to the curb, crack a beer and kick up my feet. Oh, wait.... the Highland is calling!!

I got the basement for the Tuscan house done today. I just need to put in the interior walls. I screwed up though - I had a switchback staircase that I cut down to 7" tall specifically to fit the basement, but I forgot to account for the 3/8" thickness of the floor above. So my basement walls are now only 6 5/8" high. Which wouldn't be too bad, but the kitchen is in the basement. No upper cabinets in this kitchen! On the bright side, though, the basement actually looks like a basement. I'm always happy when something looks like what it's supposed to. :angry:

So, anyway, I have been doing some very late spring house cleaning in my shop ! :p I had a couple of small kits in my storage area that I know I'll never get to build, so I put them on Craig's List. I sold 2 of them & the ladies are coming today to pick them up. Both ladies are first time builders & asked for some hints on their build. I am hoping to generate some interest in minis with these two ladies. It would be nice to have more mini makers in my local area.

I am still trying to find a place to put my castle project in my house !! :angry: I have the lighthouse kit & the country cottage kit sitting in their boxes in my shop, just screaming to be taken out, but which will I do ?? Decisions, decisions!!!!

Steve in PA

I'm just trying to get normal again. Tired of sickness and ill health! Trying to make dolls again. Working on trying to get my BH electrified. Doug is slow, and says "I've got to get this electrified one of these days" and so the days roll by, and the house sits there in it's shroud......

So glad you are OK, dear Wolfie. Thanks for checking in with your GL family. We miss you SO much !!!

Continued prayers and thoughts for strength, healing, and perseverance for both you and Doug.

Hugs galore coming your way. May joy soon return to your heart.

Thank you Selkie! I am hanging in there. Doug is now doing physical therapy....and has been going quite frequently to the VA - both the hospital and the more local clinic. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts for us.

that is nice to be remembered.

Wolfie, It is so good to hear from you. You have been on my mind frequently and each day, when I check the GL site, I hope there will be an update from you. My prayers are for both you and Doug. Write when you can and in between know that we love you and miss you. Giving you a big hug.

thank you Rit1! this means a lot to me, and brings real tears to these old eyes. It's been a long rough road for Doug and I, but with good things along the way too. LizaG from this list spent three weeks with me in May/June timeframe and we had a wonderful time. We met on this forum and have been in contact communication since. She was a big help to me this summer. Doug is actually feeling a little better. As you know he is aging, losing strength in arms and legs, hands, and such. But recently he has been feeling better, and is getting around a little better since he started physical therapy. So perhaps I can post a little more now.

Again thank you!

Hooray! I knew I would find you in here somewhere!! I just looked at the awesome works of art of yours that I found in the Gallery this am......breathtaking!! Best Wishes

and prayers for continued improvement for heath issues. Check in when you can...you

are missed!! :angry: