Sort of New

Alamom

Hi Ya'll! I'm Paula from Alabama. I'm a single mom of two teenagers and four chihuahuas. Years ago I built the Canterbury and the McKinley. The hubby thought it was a waste of time, money and space. After having and enjoying them for years, I finally gave them to a friend to enjoy.

Recently, I saw a dollhouse and realized I wanted another and this time no hubby to say waste of time, etc. So I bought an Orchid at Hobby Lobby. I think it's coming along quite nicely, Next I want another McKinley. I guess I'm hooked again :D I joined a couple of weeks ago and have enjoyed all the ideas and advice, and of course the pictures!!! Thanks Ya'll!!! ;)

Any SO who thinks minis (or any hobby) is a "waste of time" most assuredly deserves to be an "EX". Welcome to the mini "family" where you are loved for loving small things.

Yea, what she said and welcome to the forum.

Hi Paula - welcome!

It's a shame you gave away the dollhouses first, instead of the husband. Still, they went to someone who appreciated them, I'm sure. It's doubtful the same could be said of the husband. (He just doesn't sound like the lovable sort.)

So glad you now have the space and inclination to build some more! The Orchid is a very pretty dh.