honeybunny

I am from Bountiful, Utah. I have wanted to build a dollhouse ever since my early twenties when I saw the dollhouse my dad built an older sister. (It sucks being one of the youngest in the family, you miss everything!)

I work two jobs, and have used the excuses that I have been too busy, haven't had the room, etc., etc., etc. Recently, I decided that it will never change, so bought the Fairfield.

I'm really excited about this, but also nervous about messing it up royally.

Hi Loretta. You are in the right place. Everyone here is so nice, and really helpful! I'm sure your Fairfield will be beautiful! I know at least a few people here have built the Fairfield and will be happy to answer any questions you have as you build.

Welcome!

Welcome to the community, Loretta! One of the first things you'll learn here is that there is no way to mess up -- not royally, not commonly! ;)

One of the beauties of this craft is the ability to make any fluff-up into a creative innovation. :D

Got a problem? A question? ASK! Someone here will have been there, done that, and be able to give you one or more ways to pull it off.

Welcome and ask away. Everyone is so helpful here. I know that I have always gotten good advice. One big thing to know is NOT TO USE HOT GLUE!! Read your instructions over and over before starting. Just remember to have lots of fun. Relax, you have friends here. Remember we all started where you are now and still make mistakes. Again welcome.

Welcome, Loretta, I have two Fairfield kits I hope to bash together; right now I'm decorating my first attempt at a 1:24 scale dollhouse, the "pueblo" kit from Hobby Builders' Supply; not enough pictures to start an album (I use a conventional film-camera and I still have unexposed film to play with) yet.

nervous about messing it up royally
practical impoosibility, you will either be able to cover it up with spackling compound or wallpaper/ basebords/ cornices/ drapes or bash it into something that looks deliberate.

Hello Loretta and :p to the group!

Don't worry about messing up royally...just jump in and start building! One of the nice things about building in miniature is that you don't need to hire a contractor to fix it if things don't go right! PLUS, we'll be here to help you and answer any questions. :wave:

Hello and welcome to the forum. The feeling you have is perfectly normal--even after you build a few, the feeling is there--just take a deep breath and jump right in.

Hi Loretta - welcome to the forum! :) You will find so much here .... good advice, eye-candy inspiration, and fellow mini/dollhouse enthusiasts. You have to make time for your Fairfield - pretty soon it's going to start talking to you. The best thing you can do is listen. (Look around the forum - I'm not the only one who hears the dollhouses!)

Welcome to the forum!

so glad you found us! I hope you will share photos of your work as you go!

its not just good for us but you will love looking back and seeing how you turned sheets of plywood into a lovely work of art!

nutti :D