Hi, I am a new member, and I am having some difficulty getting used to this forum. Please assure me that with time it will become familiar... At this point, I am finding it more difficult than creating my first dollhouse. I look forward to getting to know fellow dollhousers...

Couple of questions: How come I cannot post pictures due to "board approval" or something? How do I change status? Any first time user pointers?

Thank you,

Ellen

Hi and :birthday:, Ellen!! Most errors with pictures is due to the size of them. To post them in a topic or your avatar you are limited on the size, so you need to save them with less memory. After 5 posts you will have the ability to create an album in the member gallery. The status of people changes with the number of posts. You should check out the various topics here. It answers most questions about the forum. The forum becomes much easier with a little time and reading. Enjoy!!

:wish:

Hi Ellen, and welcome to the forum! :wave:

This is a very friendly, helpful group of people who love to offer advice, humour and support to each other. You will soon feel very much at home here, I guarantee it! It took me a while to learn the ropes - I'm sure there is plenty more I should know - but as long as you can post your questions, you'll find all the answers you want appearing like magic.

Your Member Status changes according to the number of posts you make.

Have fun reading through the many topics in this forum - you will learn about the members, the dollhouses, and how the forum works.

Enjoy!! And don't hesitate to ask questions. (All questions - because there's NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.) That's how we all learn from each other! :birthday:

Hi and Welcome Ellen! I'm fairly new too and it took me several days then I finally got the hang of it!!

Have fun looking around at the galleries! There are gorgeous dollhouses and very talented people here! :wave:

Welcome, Ellen. One of the things that will help you navigate the forum is the welcoming PM you'll get and another will be just to browse all of each page as you come to them. Reply buttons are at the top & bottom righthand side of the posts.

And, as Ann asked, which dollhouse are you building?

Hello and welcome Ellen! You will find lots of help and lots of friends here! It takes a while to get used to this forum over others, but once you're here, you're here! AND it gets easier all the time!

Wolfie

Welcome to our group Ellen!

ADD REPLY is on the top right side of the page next to NEW TOPIC.

Right. And you'll also find a REPLY button at the very bottom of the page.

I clicked on the QUOTE button in Aggiemae's message to quote what she said. I could have clicked the REPLY button to post a message with no quote. You'll get the hang of it soon.

Welcome, Ellen! :wave:

Welcome Ellen!

If you want to add a reply to all messages when you've read a whole thread, just click either Fast Reply, or Add Reply. I can't remember what Add reply looks like, but Fast Reply will open a message box at the bottom of the page. You just have to scroll down a bit to see it after you click the button.

I think i like this forum's format better than most I've been on, because it's easy to find different sub forums. It's also easy to see all the new posts from all the sub forums just by clicking "view new posts" at the top of the board.

Welcome to the forum!

it looks like you are getting the hang of it!

are working on a specific project? how long have you been interested in Miniatures and dollhouses?

glad you found us!

nutti :)

<Psst, Ellen, some threads have more than one page... Know what, some of the fourms have more than one page of threads, too... > {{HUGS}} There, there, you'll be OK, you're among friends. (I constantly have "Duh" moments, mostly because I'm 66)