Happy to join!

tarrete

Hi to all! I am a new member from Naple, Florida and I bought a dollhouse that was already put together from AC Moore in their big weekend sale - it is Victorian and really pretty. I bought it for my daughter, as I have always wanted one and we can work on it together. My problem is that I started to look for furniture but am not sure if it is a full or half scale - I don't even know what that means. Does anyone know what I am talking about, and has anyone seen this house? Thanks!! Nancy

welcome welcome!

i know there are alot of AC Moore shoppers here! Hope you find your answer soon! Unfortunately we don't have that store here. We just finally got a Hobby Lobby about 1 year ago!

Good luck with your search...you can also try to google victorian dollhouses....hmmmm...i wonder if AC Moore has an online store with pictures of dollhouses?

Chances are it's not a half scale house, but again i'm not familiar with their stock so i can't say that for certain. Good luck!

Hi and :)! My AC Moore usually sells Real Good Toy houses so I would guess it is full scale or 1:12 (1 inch on the dollhouse = 12 inches in real life). This is the most common dollhouse scale. AC Moore use to carry Duracraft before they company went out of business. Sometimes you can still find a Duracraft at AC Moore though. Their houses are also usually 1:12 though.

Good luck!!

:birthday:

Hello and welcome to the forum! 1/12th scale is the norm - and like above, if the door is 7" tall it probably is 1/12th scale. Do you have a photo of the house we can look at to determine which model it is?

Again, welcome!

Wolfie

Welcome to the forum, Nancy! :wub:

A victorian from AC Moore? Hmm, could be a few of them. Do you have a pic? We can help you identify it. :D For victorian furniture, there's a whole world out there! Do you have a mini shop in your area? Miniatures.com is a good place to start, and there's always Ebay. Good luck!

~Jeni

I have purchased alot of furniture from ebay...one seller in particular is great to work with ....Manor House Miniatures...she also has an online store. Dollhouses and More on ebay is also great...she has lovely items but a little more pricey than some of the other stores. I do have to say that some of her furniture is nicer tho...i don't know how old your daughter is tho...so maybe more inexpensive pieces may be better in case they get broken.

Miniatures.com is a great store and they have discounts on and off thruout the year as well as once or twice a year they have 50% off of one item which does (or has) included dollhouse kits.

My AC Moore only sells Real Good Toys houses now. Maybe you can see which one you have from their selection on their site.

You can find lots of stuff on ebay in the Dollhouse buying section.

Then you can go to Miniatures.com.

There is another place called Dejoux miniatures.

Look in Kitz Miniatures.

I like Nana`s Necessities.

You can really go crazy with the things you can buy. I am glad you found us and cannot wait to see pictures!

Hi Nancy - welcome to the forum! :)

If you have a brick-and-mortar dollhouse/miniature store near you, please check there for furnishings, accessories, and decorating supplies. The online stores are slowly putting the "real" stores out of business. If you can support a local store, so much the better. They are usually more than willing to order in anything you want, if it isn't in stock.

Hello, Nancy, and welcome to the community! You've received a lot of good advice above, so I'll just send some good cheer along.

How old is your daughter? What a great mother-daughter project. :)

Welcome to the forum, Nancy.

If you have a brick-and-mortar dollhouse/miniature store near you, please check there for furnishings, accessories, and decorating supplies.
Nancy's Dollouse shop is right there in Naples! on Davis Blvd on the left just before the intersection with SR 951 (I was just there a couple of weeks ago!).