Woops.

Erick

Made my first post in the general board and not here, oops. Anyhow, my name is Erick and I got a Van Buren kit for free from a friend and am going to build it for my 5 1/2 year old daughter Shiva. I'm a stay at home dad living a bit north of Seattle, I've been doing the stay at home dad thing for about 6 years now. I'm something of a Jack of all trades by virtue of having education in Computer Programing, Early Child Education, and Machining, but also due to my attraction any project that involves making something from large scale RC Tanks to Stikfa scale accessories, such as the 2 man cross cut saw the guy on the left has, and even a 2' paper craft pirate ship. I'm glad to find such a wealth of useful information in one place, it's a wonderful thing.

Hi Erick, welcome to the forum! What a lucky girl Shiva is - sounds like she has a great dad. You're right, there is a wealth of info. here - hopefully, you will add your own pearls of wisdom, too! Nice friend, giving you a dollhouse. :p

How wonderful to meet you at last!

Stikfa scale
What is that in measurements, please? I noticed your little man in your avatar. Shiva is a ovely name, one of my DH's supervisors had a daughter named Rama.

Hello and welcome to the forum! Shiva - isn't that one of the gods of India? Or goddesses I shoudl say. I bet your daughter feels like a princess with her dad building her such a beautiful dollhouse!

Wolfie

first of all let me say my hat is off to the stay at home dad!! Welcome. You know everyone try to play me down for staying home. I know my kids are getting the best care I can offer along with the fact that I have time to play with my toys. :p Come on and join in the fun!!! I have not tryed RC (yet). I enjoy houses,trains, paper crafts, model cars(in dollhouse scales). :wave:

Hi and :p, Erick!! My father was lucky enough to stay at home with us for a few years, and he claims they were the best years of his life and wishes he could have stayed home more. Did you have any luck getting the Van Buren instructions?

:wave:

Stikfas are about 1:16ish action figure kits. A friend of mine does a sort of web comic where he builds terrain and settings to photograph the Stikfas in and add comic book style word bubbles in digitally later.

So far Shiva seems aptly named, subtle like a hammer and about as shy. She's a good kid but stubbern as a mule and self confident to a fault. Hard to parent but not bad qualitys when you're an adult.

The Van Buren doll house kit I got belonged to a friend of mine who I believe was planning on making for her daughter but that was around 1979 and the daughter in question is about 30 now. It has since sat in their garage until last Saturday when I helped clean out and take stuff to charity, this one bit however never seemed to get out of the car. I figure I'll just shorten the loop of Donate to Shop by just taking it home. I'll be taking pics and posting them soon as I have something more than disorganized piles of flat wood to show off. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Erick

http://www.stikfas.com to see the Stikfas

http://www.actionfigurecomics.com to see the comic I mentioned.

Edited by Erick

I'll be taking pics and posting them soon as I have something more than disorganized piles of flat wood to show off.
Oh, that's right, no one here ever takes pictures of their stacks of flat wood---oopsblog-8-1142541456_thumb.jpg

blog-242-1127866917_thumb.jpg