Hello from Oklahoma!

Librarian-Sarah

Hi all! I'm Sarah, a college Librarian (if you can't guess from the user name), and I'm getting back into miniatures for the first time since my early teens (I built a room box or two, but never really had room and pretty much moved on from the hobby when I discovered boys *smirk*). DH and I are in the process of buying our first house, and I will actually have a office/craft room of my own, and am looking forward to having a hobby to put in it! I'm planning to start slowly--I'm considering doing the house trailer kit to start back into things, maybe another room box or two, and then move on to a smallish dollhouse. (or I may take leave of my wits and buy a Garfield, who knows?) For the most part I'll probably be lurking (with the exception of the occasional "confused newbie" question), but I can tell this is a fun group of folks, and as there was no online minis community to speak of when I was a kid, I'm really excited about finding a group of people who are into this as well. Thanks!

Sarah

Welcome to the forum- from another Sarah :w00t:

It is a fun place. Many artists here with a lot of talent. I have only had the sickness been in the hobby for a little while. I mainly look through the posts at all of the amazing work everyone else here does.

I figured you would like a busier forum over here, Sarah. Welcome, and when you've made four more posts you can open an album of your pictures to show off your growing skills.

I have only had the sickness been in the hobby
Actually it's an addiction, as opposed to a true illness, since none of us is the slightest bit interested in a cure. If you click on the Logo you can go to the site's home page and look at all the fun, wonderful kits that are available, and some of the items that are available through the online store.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I know I *said* I was going to be good and start with the trailer, but I saw the Buttercup when i was trolling around the site last night and I have a great idea to turn it into a cute little small town bakery, and...

Oh dear. It's started again already. *sigh* I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to wait till the 1:1 house is built. :w00t:

The Buttercup is the quintessetial bashable kit and has made up into countless shops, as well. The cute little bay window begs for you to make it shelves and fill them with pies and cakes and piles of cookies and pastries! Lionel & Ann Barnard's The Dolls' House Shopkeeper has all sorts of patterns & instructions for making many kinds of shop fixtures.

Wow! Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Glad to see there are lots of other cat people around here too, based on the avatars. (I need to upload a picture of Tawnya, Queen of the Universe for my userpic...) I'm thinking of comandeering the dining table for a work space for now, but that's DH's current spot for his comics collection so that may be an issue. For future reference, a librarian, a software developer with a comics/sci-fi addiction, and a cat do NOT fit well into a 700 sf apartment, no matter how many shelves you buy...

Hello and welcome to the forum!!

You have a real life club in your area if you are interested :angry:

Club Name

Tulsa Miniature Club

C-724 Sonny Thompson

1220 South 135th Street

Tulsa, OK 74108

918-437-8281

Jewish Community Center

71st & Wheeling

2nd Tues. of each month

7:00 pm

Welcome to the forum, Sarah. :angry: This is a fantastic network of mini friends. The Greenleaf staff are also incredible! Your idea for the Buttercup sounds great - hope you can start on it soon. No space to work on/store/display dollhouses, or minis? Welcome to our world. :cry:

Hi and welcome Sarah! :)

I just orderd the travel trailer myself, and am looking foward to doing one a bit more simple than the Lily (which I'm still not finished with :wave: ).

I can't wait to see your pictures! Nutti did an absolutely fabulous haunted rendition. What were you thinking of doing with yours?

Have a fab evening,

Monica

I just orderd the travel trailer myself, and am looking foward to doing one a bit more simple than the Lily (which I'm still not finished with :p ).

I can't wait to see your pictures! Nutti did an absolutely fabulous haunted rendition. What were you thinking of doing with yours?

Not sure yet. I think I want to go with that chrome airstream look from the '50s, with a very streamlined/art deco feel to the decor, possibly with some Route 66 elements as well. I'd really love to find a car or truck to "hitch" it to, but I'm having trouble finding 1/12 scale cars or car models that would work...

I'm having trouble finding 1/12 scale cars or car models that would work...

I had the same problem looking for a vehicle to pull the Mardi Gras float. Although the floats are traditionally pulled by tractors, I built a pickup truck out of foam core board, even wired its headlights, simply because it was easier to build. After the truck was finished, I found a 1:12 scale tractor in a truck stop near Joplin, MO. Go figure! (The tractor is by the Franklin Mint. Pricey, but perfect.)