HELLO FROM OHIO!

I have been visiting this forum for quite a while and decided to jump in and join the fun!

My start as a dollhouse enthusiast began a few years ago when my daughter was in college and I felt so lonely that I decided to clean the basement. I stumbled across a dollhouse kit that my parents sent my daughter on her sixth birthday. I stopped cleaning the basement and starting building and haven't been lonely since!

I finished that first house as a "Victorian Cottage" and I am almost finished with my second house, the Harrison. I still have some stucco to finish and the shingles to put on and then it is ready for its debut.

Now I am back working on the basement so I can turn it into a workshop for all my miniature projects, kind of a circle of life thing isn't it!

Welcome to the forum! You probably know this already, but I just have to say it .... after 5 posts you can open a gallery, and post pics of your houses. We'd love to see them. :banana: No pressure ...

Welcome to the forum!

I keep telling myself that all I wanted was one dollhouse

and look at me now.

so you started with one and almost done with the 2nd

and fixing a basment workroom

this means more buildings to follow??

Welcome to our Obsession...eermm Hobby!

I also wait for photos!

nutti :banana:

hello, and welcome!

might you tell us about your plans for the Harrison? that house is on my Wish List, it's a stunner!

w're looking forward to hearing more about you and your projects.

:banana:

might you tell us about your plans for the Harrison? that house is on my Wish List, it's a stunner!
I've always wanted to live in a Tudor house and that is why I picked the Harrison for my first big dollhouse.

We call it the "George Harrison House" because my husband is a huge Bealtes fan (talk about obsession!)

Well a house named after a Beatles has to have some Beatle stuff so I set the time period for the decor in the mid 60's. The house itself was "built" around 1929 so there is still is some nice woodwork left and the kitchen needs some updating , but there is a nice "modern" family room. The teenage daughter has taking down her ballerina pictures and putting up posters of the John, Paul, George, and Ringo!

fantastic!!! i love your fam room theme!! :)

despite what some forum members may think abt Duran Duran,

the Beatles were, are, and always will be THE Fab Four.

so, will the address be on Penny Lane or Abbey Road?

looking forward to it!

Yeah, yeah, yeah! :D

Hi Connie! Welcome to the forum. I think your theme for your Harrison is FAB 4 tastic! :) Can't wait to see the pictures! Sue

Well a house named after a Beatles has to have some Beatle stuff so I set the time period for the decor in the mid 60's. The house itself was "built" around 1929 so there is still is some nice woodwork left and the kitchen needs some updating , but there is a nice "modern" family room.
Spenser's used to carry the Fab 4 in their "Yellow Submarine" attire in a 1:12 version I no longer find there.