Mary's nook

SusannaT

I finally got curtains made and hung up yesterday! :wave:

It does really add so much to the room.

I'm loving the comfy pillows from India (where she grew up, if you remember). This is her reading nook.

(she does need someone to wash those windows though, blech.)

Susanna it's lovely! Makes me want to take a break right now, snuggle up with a good book and sit where the sun is streaming in. In my world a cat should be curled up there. :wave: The curtains really do make the room. I love how you have painted parts of the wall that deep red/burgundy color. IT's wonderful!

Susanna that looks great! I like the adventurous use of color; It is almost like stepping into a magazine :-) Of course, My dog would take up residence in that windowseat look out at the cats that walk past the house. :wave:

a perfect example of how the smallest details make a big impact!

my cat would be right in the middle of the comfy bed or on the cushion in the window enjoying the sun!

its very nice!

nutti :wave:

Very warm and very cozy looking! My eyes went to the glasses on the book! It's details like that that make a scene come alive for me! The colors are homey and lovely and make the room a cozy retreat! Oh I want to just go there and sit and have peace and quiet while I read my favorite book - oh I can't tell you which one!

Beautiful job!

Wolfie

Susanna, it's just lovely! You did an awesome job creating that room . . . it has so much ambience! Thanks so much for sharing!

BTW, I love the light streaming in through the window . . . never even noticed that the windows were dirty (they don't look it to me)!

It's gorgeous. I, too, would love to curl up on the windowseat with my cat and a big book about minis. How did you get the effect of the sunlight streaming in? The plant looks as if it's been growing towards the light! I love it all - rich, warm, and sooo inviting!

The windows look real - if they were spotlessly clean, it just wouldn't look "right" to me.

what a warm and inviting room! i love itm and this house keeps getting better and better!

Miss Mary is very fortunate to have such a talented designer.

Awww.. shucks... thanks everyone! :shifty:

plants are a must and that's a nice example, but that trunk really caught my eye. Tiger too, but I love that trunk
That trunk will eventually house all sorts of memories from India. I'm trying to track down a piece of sari fabric...

Makes me just want to curl up with a good mini catalog and sit for hours.

mmm...now there's a thought! Wish it were my windowseat.. now who had that shrinker-upper-gadget?

How did you get the effect of the sunlight streaming in?

Hauled the dollhouse into my livingroom and placed it on the sunny table.