Never enough hours in a day!

IAK

Do you ever feel like this? Lately I feel like my head is spinning with ideas for my BH but I don't seem to have the time to do them.

Been having work done on my real house so that is a mess :( , daughter came to visit from CA for 4 days (which by the way I loved every minute of) ;) and had so many other visitors that wanted to see her! :w00t: Working on April Swap :giggle: , have to go and visit my gs's this week :p and Easter is right around the corner so more visiting :doh: . I'm at work now just thinking about everything going on and feeling I don't have time to work! :mad: But then I wouldn't have $$ for mini's. :groupwave:

I guess I should be happy that I have lots of "stuff" going on. :harhar1:

Does anybody else feel like this sometimes?

Does anybody else feel like this sometimes?

Ha! Hmm, lemme' see??? :giggle: Welllll, yup, at times I do! And it always seems like that whenever you have lots and lots around you there hepas on more as well...

You just allow yourself to sit down in a silent corner, take a couple of deep breaths and then think about some nice mini-planning, ie a project that you aren't stressed over but just enjoying in general!

Lots of hugs coming your way!

Anna

I feel like this all the time and I'm not working full time anymore. I don't know how I operated last year teaching full time and tutoring. Now I'm only tutoring and keeping up the house. Of course the house looks better this year, so I guess that is how I did it. I have decided this will be my last swap because I just don't have time to work on my minis when I'm making swap items. It becomes too much. I enjoy them, but I know I'll probably not do them too often. Good luck getting everything done!! Hope things calm down for you.

Yes, and I HATE it when "real life" gets in the way! :)

My husband and I are retired..and there are STILL not enough hours in the day. I don't know how we did ANYthing when we were both working!

I know exactly what you mean.. I also hate it when you have so much you want to do but are stuck. I can't work on my roombox because I am waiting on a power strip for my lights and I cant work on my house because I need white semi gloss paint. Argh.

Yep...I gotta go along with the gang. Not enough 'fun' hours for me. It seems that as soon as I think I am done with the chores, something else comes up. I try to steal a little time for minis and crafting, but it seems like bedtime gets later and later. Ah well, at least we know we are not alone. :)

Yes, I feel like that, too, lately. Just made a trip to California, doing taxes, behind on scrapbooking, correspondence, cleaning, time to do monthly budget, Red Hat meeting tonight, Easter's upon us - I'm disabled as well and that doesn't help, but I'm thankful it's not worse. So let's take a few deep breaths shall we.

i work full time and dont really feel up to many minis in the evenings when i get home....then i feel drained by the time the weekend rolls around, but theres so much i want to do it just seems to pile up. i'm on vacation this week and tryin to push myself on my swap items but now theres stuff i want to add to them and the list goes on and on. i don't know why i even bought the Lily now. i can't even manage to get the walls of my Garfield up!

Absolutely! All the time! Between kids, work, kids, homeschooling, kids, housework, kids... (you get the idea) I feel like I never have the time (or space) to work on my minis. Plus we're redoing the floors in our house and have several family birthdays this month. But I still keep coming up with ideas and finding more things I want to make, so my mini to-do list keeps growing. :) Oh well, the kids'll all be out of the house in about 18 years. Maybe I'll have more time and space then. :cheer:

I feel this way every day.....I'm disabled and retired.....but still I don't have enough time to do what I want.....I have meeting I attended each week and since all my bad luck these last few months its took it toll on me.....just so much do and not enough hours to do it in.....most night I'm wake up wee hours of the morning and work on minis.....

If I could have one magic power, I'd want the ability to freeze time....then I could actually get enough sleep and still get done the things I need to get done (the whole housework thing, etc etc)

I work full time, but fortunately my children are grown and gone, but it seems either my real house gets abandoned or my mini houses get ignored.

I feel like that everyday!! It has been almost a year since I quit working. I am so busy now, I don't know how I ever got things done when I worked full time!! And I am searching for a full time job now (mostly to help fund my mini obsession). It scares me, cause I feel that will majorly cut down on my Beacon Hill time. Oh what will I do!?!? But I have learned, that is the nature of life....you never have enough time for everything you want to do. You just have to balance your time the best you can.

I have learned to sometimes be selfish. If I want to a mini project, the dishes will just have to grow fuzz today.

But yes, Life just keeps getting in the way of mini stuff!

Boy do I feel this way right now. The kitchen reno is almost done, but I need to finish up the rest of the house and I WILL have the house on the market by the end of the month! DFIL thinks I am nuts, but DH is already at his other job 2 hrs away so it is just me and the kids. I just want o get this house sold so we can all be together again. ( he stays in a house down there during the week and comes home for weekends. ) Not to mention that I should be packing, painting and taking care of the kids. I have not even looked at my minis in weeks!

Wow, I wanted to start the very same topic a couple days back...but didn't have time,lol. I was so overwhelmed this weekend--working lots of overtime--mostly mandatory, but also a good thing so that I can fund my minis--although I'm exhausted and short tempered--and trying to be superwoman--spend time with the kids on spring break, keep house clean...I'm hoping this week will be a little better! I miss working on my BH!!

Somewhere I read that if you have to delegate a project, assign it to a busy person, as busy people are used to juggling tasks, and they will get it done.

We're those busy people. We'll get it done (whatever "it" is) ... somehow. :wave:

I thought when I retired, I would have oodles of time. Guess what?! I DON'T! There are not enough hours in the day and I work late into the night sometimes. I wasn't this tired when I was working full time!

Wolfie

I work on my dollhouses like it was a nine to five job and i still feel like I dont have enough hours in the day to do everything i want to with them. If it wasnt for the need of sleep, I would just work on them non stop...lol