If You Had $3,000

beccas1963

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh! I'd buy the Garfield and the window kit for it, the Pierce and the window kit for it, the Fairfield, and all the shingles, tiles, flooring and furniture I'd need to complete them. Plus the electrical stuff. I think that would pretty much clean out the $3,000. :)

I would buy up a bunch of wood. and tools I love tools!!! I would love to get a conservatory kit the kind with glass all around it and on top too. :)

You know I wonder if I could fix my shed up for like a work room with heating hmmmm wonder how much that would cost.

Bec

I'd use it to create a grand workshop area with perfect lighting, storage, and workspace, and fill it with just the right tools.

Other stuff ... like kits, electrical components, paint, glue, wallpaper, furnishings, dolls, etc. ... can come out of the food budget. :)

I would spend every penny trying to make the best Tara plantation possible :)

I might win a Beaumont on Ebay with that kind of cash!

Great question!

Sarah

I like your way of thinking. I have the Beaumont and I also would make sure it had the best of everything, (hey I haven't started building yet and already starting buying stuff to try and get the furnishing just right) LOL

Actually, I'd buy a plane ticket and pay for hotel and workshops at a good mini show with lots of tutorials so the money would keep adding to my addiction. I like the idea of making things myself but artistically, I'm very challenged. So yep, its workshops for me.

I would buy two Pierces to bash together. Then great supplies (lights, tiles, floors, furniture, etc.) to decorate everything I have and the rest on small vintage kits. I wouldn't mind another Brookwood either. I have lots of ideas for it and have to choose one before I get started.

Oh, I'd start by buying all the dolls I want for my houses . . . then I'd buy everything I need for the Willowcrest . . . then I'd start on the Pierce and buy everything I need for that . . . that would pretty much clean me out!! :)

Does $3000 buy a new husband who would in fact like dollhouses? :D

I'm not allowed to have more houses.

hmmpphh...

Susanna, that rots! If it's a hobby of yours that you enjoy...why would your husband say no?! I'd sneak a few in....pretend you've always had them :D:)

Susanna, that rots! If it's a hobby of yours that you enjoy...why would your husband say no?! I'd sneak a few in....pretend you've always had them :D:)

Does that work... I think i'll have to try that one or mail them to your friends and have them pretend to give them to you as gifts.

I can see it now babysit one afternoon and you get a Beacon Hill as a thank you!!!!

Ohh this could work cause my inlaws just asked my to feed their horses for a weekend and I have to house sit for a week for my parents.

/thinking /thinking

:)

Does that work... I think i'll have to try that one or mail them to your friends and have them pretend to give them to you as gifts.

I can see it now babysit one afternoon and you get a Beacon Hill as a thank you!!!!

Ohh this could work cause my inlaws just asked my to feed their horses for a weekend and I have to house sit for a week for my parents.

/thinking /thinking

I would go to miniaturs .com and buy one of everything they have in accessories

if I still had money left I would head off to minikitz and start with flowers and plant kits till I ran out.

I do believe that would be enought o carry me through several months of work :):D

nutti :congrats::D

I would start out with some mini tools, like the Dremel with perhaps a router attachment; some wall shelving units for storage of supplies in my craft room (aka the extra bedroom), supplies to finish up my Pierce really nice (those cherry wood flooring kits, marble tile kits, thin pieces of real cherry wood to make paneling, fireplaces from Lawbre, crystal chandeliers, beautiful furniture, the window kit), then, if there's still money available, I would buy more supplies to finish up my old wooden dollhouse, about the same as the Pierce except for the chandeliers and furniture as it's going to be for my grand kids to play with. I'd buy those furniture kits from Greenleaf and put them together for the grand kids to play with. Oh, and some holiday decorations for the two houses so that I can display them at Halloween and Christmas as centerpieces. Nice to dream!

I would hunt down an Emerson Row to start with, then got me a ticket (and that would go from the "enjoyment account LOL, and DH could come along, it is always ahndy to have another set of hands to carry to the bags...) to either UK or the US and spent the rest shopping for accessries for my HH, ER (yes!) and Chantilly, and if possible snag another couple of Primroses as those are soooo versitile for smaller settings, and perhaps one of those wallhanging McKinley's.... punches, beads, fabrics some TLC Sculpey and then I would be having enough to fill my days for a " little" while....

Yup, that would be it LOL

Hugs

Hmmm...let's see. A Dremel first and after that....???? Oh wait, the electricial items for the Glencroft and then a lot of little stuff because I am obessed with being surrounded by minis. I would love to get everything for making a Blue/Silver Christmas house and then there is the Room box I am about to start for Sister #1.....wow, the list goes on...and on....and on....

I'd sneak a few in....pretend you've always had them :lol: :thumb:

Marg...you think like me....DH says where did you get that, I say oh that I've had that forever, you never noticed???

I've been thinking about it and if I had $3,000 and to spend on minis and supplies I'd do it like this:

Tools and Supplies $750

--dremels, saws, xacto knives and blades, glue, reference books, etc.

Wood and Components $750

--strip wood, moldings, building components, etc.

Lighting and Fixtures $450

--wire, fixtures, plugs, transformers, etc.

Miniatures and Accessories $300

--furniture, appliances, foodstuffs, etc.

Kits $750

--various kits

I wouldn't spend as much on things like furniture because I like to make those myself, so I'd spend more on wood and components. I might not even spend that much on kits, and move the money into the tools to set up a really nice workshop.

Can you tell my undergrad degree was in Accounting. I can't seem to escape it.