If You Had $3,000

beccas1963

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had 3 grand to blow on miniatures I would do a reproduction of the old house on Dark Shadows!!! I have been renting the dvd's from netflix and let me tell ya, I am re-addicted!!! I remember rushing home from school as a kid so I wouldn't miss my Dark Shadows..watching it again really brings back memories!! And it's so funny to see all the flub ups, I never realized back then how cheezy the soap was...but I still like it and would love to build a mini Dark Shadows house!!!

I'd build a super-cool workshop, and I bet Eric would help because then he could use it too (he makes terrain and buildings and other random stuff for his battletech games and he has a whole room all to himself for his game LOL) If I had any left....prolly building supplies...lifetime supply of glue and clamps and masking tape and schtuff

If I had $3,000, I'd definately take a few classes, buy the lights I need for my BH and Pierce, so I can finish them. What ever I had left would go towards any little treasures I find. I think I'd spend it slowly, choosing pieces as they come. There is always something new coming out, new techniques to learn and the supplies to do them.

First, I would buy a couple of small house kits, put huge pink bows on them and simply take them to the childrens ward in the hospital here and give them to the first little sick girls I seen.

Then, I would hire me a carpenter to build me a grand hotel with oodles and oodles of rooms for bedrooms, bathrooms, a guest formal dining room with hugeamungous chandeliers EVERYWHERE and a huge hotel kitchen.

Tools and Supplies $750

--dremels, saws, xacto knives and blades, glue, reference books, etc.

Wood and Components $750

--strip wood, moldings, building components, etc.

Lighting and Fixtures $450

--wire, fixtures, plugs, transformers, etc.

Miniatures and Accessories $300

--furniture, appliances, foodstuffs, etc.

Kits $750

--various kits

Joy of building minis Priceless

(sorry, couldn't resist)

I want to know why we're limited to $3,000?

<cackle, snort, chortle> Good point! I like the way you think Jackie!

What would I buy? One word: Bespaq. Looooooooots of Bespaq.

Deb

I already have the dream workshop half finished. Got all the tools. Bought out Hobby Lobby at last 50% off sale. Just got huge box from miniatures.com from sale. Bought 2 white orchids, both wood craft fantasy houses, a wood orchid, have both log cabins roughed in (just got those), a big box of stuff off ebay and now I get $3000?

I'd have to go with components (windows, flooring, lights) and a ticket for Tracy to come help me do my fantasy house like hers.

Anna, you can come stay with me when you come to US to shop. I just found ANOTHER dollhouse store not too far away. And I want to go to Frankenmuth. Several great stores there.

Other stuff ... like kits, electrical components, paint, glue, wallpaper, furnishings, dolls, etc. ... can come out of the food budget.

See, Kathie? I just knew you had your priorities straight!

If I had $3K I'd bribe our contractor friend to come "teach" DH to build us a room on our front deck to use for a playroom (my dhs & DH's trains).

I want to know why we're limited to $3,000? :thumb:

Haha, that was my thought too.:lol:

Kat

Ok, Seriously, if I had 3K to use on mini's. First off the best mini tablesaw I could find and a new bandsaw. LOTS and LOTS of shelving, storage bins etc. for my craft room, good lighting and worktable set up. Books, I'm sure there are more mini books I could find and bonsai books for inspiration for my mini bonsai. Hopefully I'd have enough money left to buy the dollhouse of my dreams, with all the stuff needed to finish it off. :p I'm sure by then I'd be out of money. If not, then how about buying time to finish all the gazillion projects I have in my mind to do and no time to do it.

If we up that some, I might be able to afford to hire Tracy to come put the dollhouse of my dreams together and decorate it. She's GOOD. lol. Hey Tracy, if I put it together would it save money. You just come do all the good stuff to it. I'll landscape, that's my favorite part anyway. haha.

Kat

I really thought about this.. First I thought I would be a BOSTONIAN and all the stuff to go in it, or maybe buy tons of mini furniture, or like Linda buy as many retired kits as I could get my hands on.

But I have a better Idea..I would use the money to re-do the spare room in the basement and make it my mini kingdom!

Work tables, powertools, lots of deep shelves to put my work in progress on, a bose player for soothing dh music...

Well I came up with $3,000 cause I hapened to be processing a deposit of that amount at the time hehe.

Bec

And you were thinking......"Boy if I could just off with this money what dh stuff would I buy" :lol:

HAHAHA,

We usually play that game at work. What would you do if.....

Usually at work thugh it is pay bills or for Katie L buy books for school :lol: And yesterday when I said if you had to spend it on something that was just for you the girls just kind of stopped and had to think hehehe. Of course the guys had no problem coming up with stuff. The girls it was like what could I get for me.

Bec

You can get very creative with sawdust in your cooking. :lol:

:rofl::) :w00t: :lol:

I like your way of thinking. I have the Beaumont and I also would make sure it had the best of everything, (hey I haven't started building yet and already starting buying stuff to try and get the furnishing just right) LOL

You too Peggi? I have the Beaumont kit and I thought it would make a great Tara Plantation!

Well if had that money i would buy the shingle kit, siding kit & window kit for my garfeild.Then i would buya few bunches of bepaq furniture and maybea few lights thats about it. That would probably clean all the money out.

Does $3000 buy a new husband who would in fact like dollhouses? :giggle:

I'm not allowed to have more houses.

hmmpphh...

"not allowed" are 2 words my husband would never use when talking to me. :wave:

I'd spend the $3,000 to travel to a Mini Show and to take workshops.

-Susanne