What I am working on

Minis On The Edge

Sorry I have been so quiet around here latly but I am working on a Magnolia for a customer's little Grand daughter. I am updating pictures of the finished Magnolia for my customer. All I have to do is add the base because I can't do a house without any greenery :drive: .

I also finished the Lily but I can not share the pictures of the finisehd house yet because I am told it will be featured in a Mini Magazine :boat::busted: I'll give everyone the info if it ever materializes (I have been told these things can take forever or no time at all :congrats: )

What are the rest of you working on?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still working on Miss Izzy's :busted: house.....geeze I love that little pink thing lol.....have the second floor almost done now so it is on to the third floor and the pointy parts lol...my victorian lingo is lacking...did a dry fit of the third floor and set it atop the other two and boy oh boy is this house huge!!! :congrats:

Jack'sgurl

It's ok once in awhile for you to take time out for a build, Tracy, although we miss you. I bet your customer is going to be so pleased, you do such beautiful work. Can't wait to see the pictures.

I'm excited because I have a date with Missy on Friday to start the White Orchids. We're going to spend the morning building and the afternoon (while the baby is sleeping) watching The Gilmore Girls. This will be a big day for me, finally getting Missy interested in building her own dollhouse. It's just the beginning, I hope!!

Now that the Travel Trailer is finished, I finally found time to decorate the Orchid for Christmas. Aunt Mayme doesn't do much decorating, but since the Twins are coming, she added a few touches. (I'll add pics to my Orchid gallery album in a few minutes.)

The Primrose rabbit habitat is next up. First, though, I need to finish the gift buying/wrapping/mailing activities in the real world. Only 12 days until Christmas, and most of my stuff has to be mailed! *yoiks*

Orchid Christmas pictures here.

Edited by KathieB

Kathie, I LOVVEEE your contest entry! Madi Gras here we come!! You did a Fantastic job on it!!

Wendy, I hope you and Missy have a Wonderful time together! Take lots of pictures!!

Linda, actually there are gonna be two different ones in Magazines. I'll let you all know for sure as soon as I know it will be printed :congrats: .

I am working on my travel trailer...it is mostly done...took photos today but

because of the big window you can see out the back...makes the photos too busy.

sooo will have retakes tomorrow with scrapbook paper "wall"

I do have to say I am very pleased with my efforts!

maybe after my photos are chosen and on their way I will post them for all to see.

or just wait till friday like everyone else...cept Kathy who caved. :wave:

nutti

I am working on my travel trailer...maybe after my photos are chosen and on their way I will post them for all to see.

or just wait till friday like everyone else...cept Kathy who caved. :banana:

nutti

LOL!!! Yup, you found me out. I'm just a big wuss at heart. :wave:

Tracy, how exciting!! Be sure to keep us posted!!

I'm going to start working on my micro Beacon Hill as soon as I'm feeling better. I bought the snow globe for it and can't wait to get it done. It's going to be so cute (I hope)!! After the New Year I'm going to start on my Willowcrest. Madame ----- is getting impatient!! :wave:

Tracy congrats!! that is SO wonderful that your lilly will be in a magainzine!! if anyone deserves it its you!

Tracy, how exciting!! Be sure to keep us posted!!

I'm going to start working on my micro Beacon Hill as soon as I'm feeling better. I bought the snow globe for it and can't wait to get it done. It's going to be so cute (I hope)!! After the New Year I'm going to start on my Willowcrest. Madame ----- is getting impatient!! :wave:

Teresa that sounds soo cute! i cant wait to see pics of that... did i see willowcrest :banana: yay!! i cant wait to see what you do with it! its so exciting to see other people build a house that I love so much! :wave:

Nutti, I can't wait to see your Trailer!!

Kathie, I am in Awe of yours!!

Deana, I love t he idea of your bash and can't wait to see it in Action!!!

Thanks Marg!! I still see myself as a newbie so I am always pleasantly surprised at other peoples intrest in my houses :wave:

Teresa, That should be fun and I can not WAIT to see it!! Truly, that will be a fun kit to see blogged! It's so tiny!! I have full confidence in the fact that it will look stunning!

First, though, I need to finish the gift buying/wrapping/mailing activities in the real world. Only 12 days until Christmas, and most of my stuff has to be mailed! *yoiks*

:wave: 12 days!!! I am soooo not ready for Christmas yet. Our house isn't even decorated yet. I'm working on putting 2 Haunted House kits together for my daughters. One is going to be a treehouse of some sort, and the other one is going to be an animal house. The animal house is about half done and I haven't even started on the treehouse yet. I also have some stuff to finish up for a swap on another forum. And of course all the non-mini Christmas stuff to take care of. :banana:

I'm still working on my San Franciscan and my travel trailer. I'm not entering the contest so I don't have a deadline on it. I'm starting to vision my Brookwood and also just won a Sweetheart that I'm going to build for next year and decorate for Toys for Tots. I'm starting to plan the decorating for that too. Many stops at the dollar tree.

Congrats on the article(s), Tracy. You definitely deserve them. Can't wait to see it.

I can't wait to see everyone's projects.

What am I working on? I'm currently working on my Willowcrest and trying to finish it up before xmas. After that the next project on my list will be the White Orchid and the travel trailer :wave:

Congratulations Tracy. But boy am I disappointed, I've been waiting and waiting to see your Lily finished. :wave: LOL

I had to pack up my constructions stuff, so Santa could come and visit DGD here this year. And I haven't decided what to start on next, the White Orchid, the Travel Trailer, the Van Buren though I do know I'm going to wait on the Beaumont (even if it is starting to get loud). But hopefully, the week after Christmas I can start on one of them.

Well, I furnished my Garfield this evening...and will take pics tomorrow to share. And pics of the lovely turntable that the Garfield is now resting on.

And I finished my little Greenleaf village. I didn't do the roof right on one house, but got fed up with messing with it! so what's done is done. I have a bit of touch-up painting to do, and then I'll take pics of them, too.

But then I have to wait until Solstice to get my greenhouse!, and then until March for the 3 dollhouse shows, before I can do anything with any of it. March is SO far away!! :wave:

Hmmmm what is a new girl working on? I think that would be waiting not-so-patiently for my BH to arrive so I can sit by the tree and drool over it until Christmas....also working on finishing up a cross-stitch project for my F-I-L-to-be and then there's that pesky work stuff....tell me again why paychecks are necessary? :wave:

I'm taking a little break from my BH while I wait for the new sheet to come in the mail (thanks again, by the way). :wave: Then I can hopefully figure out that Mansard roof and get going with more construction!!

In the meantime, I'm creating a small Holocaust memorial inside of a clock. I am very intrigued by history and I believe events like that should be remembered and honored. So I'm making it inside the clock to show that even with the passage of time, it will never be forgotten.

Then I've also been trying to figure out what would be the best house to build for my niece. Her 3rd birthday is in April, and I thought maybe I could crank out a tiny house for her while I'm working on the BH, which will take me a billion years to complete. :banana: I've been looking at the Coventry Cottage and the Sugarplum. Would either of those be good for my niece? I know she is little and all, but I think she would love it--especially if I make it a princess house! But then again, I could always go one size up for the Orchid...oh, I just don't know.... :wave:

And then I'm also trying to finish all of the gifts I decided I needed to make for Christmas presents. Joann's is so tempting. I can't stay out of that place!

the Lily...will be featured in a Mini Magazine
That's my girl! Please let us know!

I still see myself as a newbie

I think we all do, I know I do.

What are the rest of you working on?

I'm dressing a set of commissioned dolls I sculpted last week and after that I'm torn between the White Orchid and the most-patient Willowcrest. Of course, the wooden Orchid won't be completely finished (if ever!lol) until I make its little people, too, but the houses call louder!