What I am working on

Minis On The Edge

:wave: I've been looking at the Coventry Cottage and the Sugarplum. Would either of those be good for my niece? I know she is little and all, but I think she would love it--especially if I make it a princess house

For a three year old, I'd go with the Coventry. It's got more wide open access for little hands to get into easily. It's a little larger than the Sugarplum, but for her age, the size makes it easier to play with. The Coventry also has some really cool furniture you can build for her that would be perfect for small hands. Or have you thought about the Aster? It's a medium sized house, very easy to build, and it's design would also be great for a little one. Not quite as princess-y as the Coventry, but I've always thought it would make a great Snow White and Seven Dwarfs kind of house.

What have I been doing? I'm building yet another Orchid, this one is for a friend for Christmas. She likes deep jewel tones, so I've taken a step into darker colors than I usually use. I like it tho! I think she's going to be pleasantly surprised with it too. She's not expecting a house and I've never tied a big ribbon around one before so it'll be fun for us both. :banana:

I've been telling myself that I'm going to build a HH next, but the Willowcrest arrived today (Thanks Tracy!! That was fast!!!) Do y'all think I'm kidding myself if I say I'll just set it back and not build it till after I'd done a couple of others?

<pouting> As soon as the delivery guy left, Bruce took the Willowcrest down to his office and said he's going to wrap it and put it under the tree. I offered to wrap it for him, but he said he knew how that would work.......he'd hear the wrapping paper rattle once and the next thing he'd hear would be my sander cranking up. <hanging head and scuffing toe in the dirt> I think he's onto me. But I may have him convinced to let me help him wrap it. At least that way I'd get to pet the box.

Deb

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, always pet the box(es). Let the little house (in my case, the little greenhouse) know that it is loved and cared for, even if it is still in a "million little pieces", and one day it will have a place of honor somewhere in your home... :wave:

Wow Tracy I'm sooo excited for you! Can't wait to see the magazine with OUR TRACY featured!!!! Keep us posted -- not that I'd overlook an article featuring one of your houses!

I'm in a winter 'funk' and not working on anything right now -- the Orchid is complete and ready for paint so it can go to grand-neice for Christmas and the gourd is sitting, staring at me, calling my name and generally abusing me for not working on it. It's OK -- I just keep coming on the forum & soaking up inspiration from the rest of you. I'll get back to it.

Do y'all think I'm kidding myself if I say I'll just set it back and not build it till after I'd done a couple of others?

Well you're definitely not kidding US!lol Yeah, I'd say Bruce has your number. You can still pet the pretty paper the box is wrapped in, y'know. Who knows, unless Bruce reinforces it with steel strapping, the paper could even rip just a teeny bit and the box might mysteriously come open along one end and...

Well you're definitely not kidding US!lol Yeah, I'd say Bruce has your number. You can still pet the pretty paper the box is wrapped in, y'know. Who knows, unless Bruce reinforces it with steel strapping, the paper could even rip just a teeny bit and the box might mysteriously come open along one end and...

Holly! I never figured you for an enabler! ... ROFLMBO!

Sorry I have been so quiet around here latly but I am working on a Magnolia for a customer's little Grand daughter. I am updating pictures of the finished Magnolia for my customer. All I have to do is add the base because I can't do a house without any greenery :wave: .

I also finished the Lily but I can not share the pictures of the finisehd house yet because I am told it will be featured in a Mini Magazine :unsure::banana: I'll give everyone the info if it ever materializes (I have been told these things can take forever or no time at all :wave: )

What are the rest of you working on?

I figured you were busy with building something. Congrats on the magazine spread. I don't get any magazines. :pope: Not working on much here, still working on my laurel. I did make some progress. I am trying to decide if I really want the window boxes on the house.

What are the rest of you working on?

Just finishing up the Orchid. Need to add more trim and do the dreaded roof. Gotta get it done before Christmas....it's a gift for my sister. After the holidays DH and I are going on a cruise so when I get back I will be starting my BH! Been collecting furniture and other stuff for it.

Kathy love your travel trailer can't wait to see everybody elses projects.

Holly! I never figured you for an enabler!

Oh, come now, Kathie, I fit the profile; I'm the child of alcoholic parents and I was a nurse. I'll aid & abet any mini-er to more minis if possible! & Deb's a special case...lol

Tracy-

Congratulations! Your work is awesome and you are always so helpful and supportive. Do you ever take any time for yourself?? You're always giving.

It's interesting hearing what everyone's working on.

I've finished decorating my home for Christmas and my Beacon Hill. I've finished working until the New Year, so I'm going to do some Christmas baking this week. I have a few "seniors" that I'll make deliveries to next week.

After Christmas, I'll have to see which house demands attention. We all know how they talk to us.

-Susanne

Oh, come now, Kathie, I fit the profile; I'm the child of alcoholic parents and I was a nurse. I'll aid & abet any mini-er to more minis if possible! & Deb's a special case...lol

Well, if you say so. But for sure, Deb is a special case! :)

It's wonderful to read about everyones projects that they have going on!

Here is the link with the pictures of the Magnolia I just finished:

2952815380037881673UUvBvh_th.jpg

It was a fast a fun build. My customer wanted the house to look the way it did on the box and I still got it wrong. :) I guess I am a rebel at heart!

:lol:

Tracy, it is just beautiful! As always, you never fail to inspire! I love it!

BTW, I think I just found the house for my 'Ghost and Mrs. Muir' theme!! :) That front balcony is perfect for the scene looking out at the ocean! Now, do you think I could sneak it under the tree? :lol:

Tracy, it is just beautiful! As always, you never fail to inspire! I love it!

BTW, I think I just found the house for my 'Ghost and Mrs. Muir' theme!! :p That front balcony is perfect for the scene looking out at the ocean! Now, do you think I could sneak it under the tree? :)

Teresa, you are so right!! The balconies are perfect for that scene! I am going to build another one next month after I finish 2 other projects (They are small).

Teresa, I found this website with some nice tidbits about the movie that may help you in regards to small details about the movie :roflmao: I can't find any outside shots of the house from the movie The Ghost and Mrs. Muir I had some booked marked on my older computer :lol:

Turned out great, Tracy! Looks perfect from here smile.gif
Thank You Charlene!

Tracy, I want to live in your house. yes.gif

C'mon over :hehe:

The Greenleaf stucco powder is super easy to use. All you do is mix the powder into and equal amount of water or paint (The paint color you start with will be lightened by the mixture though so if you want a medium blue, start off with a dark blue).

You stir it and let it set for about 5 - 10 min and you apply iy with a sponge brush. I used to use this stuff all of the time. You can also use it for brick mortar by using less water so the thickness will be thicker.

:lol:

I also finished the Lily but I can not share the pictures of the finisehd house yet because I am told it will be featured in a Mini Magazine :D :lol: I'll give everyone the info if it ever materializes

That is awesome Tracy....I can't believe the mini mags haven't found you before now. Your dh's are the best! :lol:

I used the Greenleaf stucco powder on my Orchid. I just mixed it with acrylic craft paint. I used a deep wine colour and it didn't lighten the colour at all when I mixed the stucco and paint together. I was quite surprised. I experimented with a small amount and stuccoed a birdhouse/stand before I actually used it on the Orchid. It's even easier than painting. I was very pleased with the results.

-Susanne

It is beautiful.....I'm not working on anything at this time.....I haven't ordered anything to work on.....got to do that by the first of the year.....I love your work....it inspires me to do my best....and I try.....I'm so glad to be a part of this forum.....everyone has so much talent.....