How many houses do you have?

Lisa_F

Currently I only have the beach cottage and a mountain cabin awaiting completion, but am working on the Marquam Hill Mansion (very close to completion). I have made and sold/given away for auction four others. And several kits waiting their turn under the worktable.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading all of the responses aobut how many house you have has been amazing to me. I feel so tiny....as I only have one house that I have been working on for over a year now....actuallyit has been two years. I got side lined with the hurricane of the century...LOL. Anyway, my one and only house is the Lily that I am bashing just a bit with the help of the local mini shop owner. I want to do more and think at times that I should have started out making something much smaller but I didn't so I move forward. I hope to make more.

hugs

Janet

Wow what a question. Well, it's not the question but the answer. From reading the replies I guess I'm way behind a lot of people.

I don't know what the name of my first house was. It was given to me by a friend (1989). I bashed it twice. Ended up giving it away when I got a Glencroft then I built a log cabin out of 1/2 round dowels, built the fireplace with stones from my driveway and the gravel the snowplow throws on the road in the winter. I used it for a display in the store I was working in and a lady wanted to by it so I sold it. That gave me a reason to build one out of 1/2 round dowels. That was better than the first one and it won a red ribbon at the county fair. At that time I had two houses and 4 room boxes (3 of which I made myself and I store bought).When my husband passed away 10 years ago I gave everything away (not furniture, ect) About 8 years ago after reading my Dollhouse magaizines over and over I bought The Ponderosa log cabin house. It's all done except the stairs. They are just sitting there. I'm not sure if I like plain stairs. Keep thinking about stairs with a landing. Not enough room though. Oh, well. Someday... I built a roombox which I change ever month to go with the Holiday for that month or what ever hits my mood. I just purchased a General store and It's my pet shop now. Who knows what will be next in there. I would like to have the Garfield but just no room for it. Maybe someday I'll sell or give away my log cabin. Only time will tell. With all the furniture, lights, ect I have I could have both houses. Oh, well, I can dream.

I have just finished my first, an Orchid that I named Generations. I don't have any kits here at the moment, but I expect one hopefully Monday or Tuesday. I am a late bloomer.

I hope to build a lot of houses, but that will depend on the space I have. Perhaps when the son moves out, I can convert his room. :)

I also only have one so far. It's the Laurel. I have a half scale on it's way - thanks Greenleaf! - and have been putting away all my change to save for the Garfield. I'm on a very limited budget (by limited I mean zero!).

if it werent for my extreme good fortune of being asked to be a team builder I would not have had the pleasure of building and keeping or giving away as many houses as I have.

I just got started 3 yrs ago and I feel very blessed.

I have built but not decorated houses I have built and not furnished houses.

I have built and furnished houses. and I LOVE being surrounded by dollhouses!

do not feel like we are in a race to see who can get more toys first...thats a guy thing :D

if a house or project is going to be mine I put more into it...time and Money and that is always hard to come by for minis. so I gotta plan ahead and buy on sale all those goodies I will need later.

I LOVE Building!

nutti ;) :woot: :)

My last bought house is this one:

huis300806.jpg

It is not ready, the outside needs a finshing touch and on the inside I have to finish the kitchen which I want to make by myself. I have not made good pictures from the inside, will show the inside on another time.

On the attic I have some greenfield houses, made in the time that my husband and I where collecting and building for the railroad on the attic, but as if there came children our house became too small and we had to put the trains and stuff in boxes. Today I'gonna search in the attic for the greenleaf houses.

(sorry for my poor English).

Greetings from Holland,

JMBeren

My last bought house is this one:

huis300806.jpg

It is not ready, the outside needs a finshing touch and on the inside I have to finish the kitchen which I want to make by myself. I have not made good pictures from the inside, will show the inside on another time.

On the attic I have some greenfield houses, made in the time that my husband and I where collecting and building for the railroad on the attic, but as if there came children our house became too small and we had to put the trains and stuff in boxes. Today I'gonna search in the attic for the greenleaf houses.

(sorry for my poor English).

Greetings from Holland,

JMBeren

That house is amazing!! I love it! :yahoo:

Hey,

I have to houses and 2 roomboxes.

My first house was not yet ready and i started another one (roomboxes) just to do somthing else for a will.

Than i saw a beautiful house on the web and sombody in Belgium made it for me, now i'm busy on that one :(

and i now, there gone be another one and a another one... :wave:

I also wanna do a greenleaf house in de future, but dont now witch one, i'm still looking out.

My own house gonna be totaly full with dollhouses, but i don't mind that at all! :lol:

http://mijnkleinewereld.piczo.com

I have 10 done , including the travel trailer , 1 in the works , and 3 waiting ! My wife has 2 done , and 2 in the works. I have been trying to sell some of them, but the shipping is too high & I'm half afraid to package something that fragile. Also , it seems that potential buyers live too far away for local pick up only. So I guess we'll just have to forget about our spare bedroom & keep our "dollhouse room"!

http://www.flickr.com/Photos/smb900/

I have 2 that are done, Vermont Farmhouse(almost) and the General Store. I also have 2 in boxes but forgot what they are. I would love more but money is limited, as far as space, I will always find room...lol I love to build.

By the looks of my workroom, you'd think my hobby was out of hand. Obviously, I have alot of catching up to get there! I built a dollhouse 20 years ago for my daughter from "Santa" and I'm FINALLY building my own -- for me. A Jefferson that will be an 1860's Farm House (pics in my Gallery). I got hung up waiting for the wiring fairy to come and do the wiring. But after I got started, it wasn't too bad! I also have a 1:6 Dollhouse Cabinet for my 1:6 dolls.

My someday-wannabe projects include:

Christmas Village (maybe not this Christmas but someday)

Haunted House for next Halloween

Country village with a General Store, Quilt Shop,

Suppose I can live another 50 years to accomplish all this? :(

Oh and I forgot -- I want to build one for my Granddaughter who's 4.

That'll make a nice playhouse when your grandkids come to visit, Susanne, but didn't it cost to ship, though!:)

Much longer.:)

I bought it from Dollhouse Domain. Kymie didn't even charge me any shipping charges. She said that she'd covered it because I was a good customer. She's got a great site.

-Susanne

I'm going to answer as "have built", like I've seen many do!

My first house was a LaFayette, that I had no real clue what I was doing wtih!!

Then I built a Brookwood, another LaFayette and a Manchester. (loved that house!) I no longer have any of these - because of a fire.

When I got back to my dollhouses (after a three year pause) I first built a Newberg that my hubby bought for $20.00 at a truck stop somewhere in Minnesota. Then he built me a HUGE house I call the Jellybean that looks mostly like a bookcase house. Inside it I have a 1:144 scale log cabin built by hubby. The rest of them are:

Hacienda

Ashley (Christmas present for a friend)

LaFayette (bakery)

LaFayette (just sold on ebay)

Diner

McDonalds (mostly a roombox based on the one in Dodge City, Kansas)

"Farmhouse" - name I gave it, not sure what kind it is. I did it old-fashioned style

Log Cabin (another roombox)

Orchid - just finishing this one

I also have another diner I did for my daughter, my "Halloween scene" and my "Thanksgiving scene" (on my avatar). My orchid currently sits on my desk as I try to decide where to put it!

For those who would like eye candy, a lot of them are at www.geocities.com/tamsajesusfreak

I think this is all of them!!! My haunted house is waiting patiently for me to get to it! LOL

Oops!! Forgot my travel trailer!!! Silly me!!!!

I have 3 houses built-- The Newberg ehich was my first house and will always be my favorite,The Haunted House and TheAdirondack Cabin which is my Christmas house. I am currently working on The Garfield and I think it is a great looking house.

Lets see....the ones I've finished...

The Sugarplum

The Columbian (Dura-Craft)

two of The Sweetheart Cottage

The Laurel and The Primrose (fastened together)

The Ashley

The Not-Haunted House

almost finished...

The Beaumont (I've still gotta put on the doors and do some trim work)

The LaFayette (gotta put the shingles on and build the staircase and wallpaper and trim downstairs)

not nearly finished...

and The SanFranciscan (just have shell up, still needs a lot of work)

still in boxes...

The Greenleaf Village

The Greenleaf Town

The ones that live with me: The Laurel & Primrose, Beaumont, LaFayette, San Franciscan. The others were sold, auctioned or given away.

I'm always on the lookout for more dollhouse kits to build.....no, I don't have room for more, but I'll squeeze them in somewhere...."hey, we don't need that big screen TV set in the family room...do we?" or "There's only two of us now...why do we need such a big diningroom table? We could get a tiny one and put shelves for dollhouses in there instead." :loveletter: