How many houses do you have?

Lisa_F

Spontaneous creativity!! My favorite kind!!! :blink: When you decide what to use, let us know. I'm totally ignorant of all things archival and haven't the slightest clue what lasts longer and what will turn to dust in 20 years.

Deb

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houses that I have are my HUD house (a 1970s Skilcraft colonial), the Fallen Acorn Gallery (Orchid), and the Marquam Hill Mansion (no name picked out yet).. The Orchid is completely built, the Hud needs the remaining windows put in, and the Marquam has a roof section to put up, but after I finish papering that room.

My dream houses are the bostonian, the tennyson, and I am leaning toward the Lily. I also search out for old and unusal houses. When I have found one that peaks my interest, I will go for it.

I have marked on the bottoms of the houses with a sharpie marker. I put the name of the house, the name I gave it, the date I completed construction, and my name and state.

I have only one....so far...The Orchid...which is waiting patiently to be furnished...I have the Primrose Cottage in it's box...I am in the planning mode...I see the Primrose as a small record shop....I am currently browsing the internet, for Album covers, posters and anything else you might find in a record store...I would love to be able to afford to buy Beacon Hill and turn it into a haunted house, but unfortunately, I can't...at least not now...and living in a small apartment, I don't know where I would put it anyways...but who know what the future holds???

I have the Sunshine Cottage( Hofco House), The Green leaf ( orchid), the 1930's house ( an Arrow), the Country Victorian, Hat shop, The Elf bakery ( Tiffany) Mr. and Mrs. Santa's house ( Glencroft), Castle ( bashed Buttercup), 1/2 scale tin house, and circus wagon. My daghter has a Laurel and Primrose and my son has a cabin. Oh and a ho scale house. I have 5 kits waiting and I want another front opening. I do also have a few other non house projects planned too.

I have only one....so far...The Orchid...which is waiting patiently to be furnished...I have the Primrose Cottage in it's box...I am in the planning mode...I see the Primrose as a small record shop....I am currently browsing the internet, for Album covers, posters and anything else you might find in a record store...I would love to be able to afford to buy Beacon Hill and turn it into a haunted house, but unfortunately, I can't...at least not now...and living in a small apartment, I don't know where I would put it anyways...but who know what the future holds???

Hobby Lobby has the little records - I think it was 3 or 4 for 99 cents, and they're half off this week. You can use Amazon.com to get Album cover art and it should be pretty easy to print that onto card stock and make record sleeves. Art.com and allposters.com might have some music posters for sale, and when you print out their catalog images they're the perfect scale for a dollhouse (I did this with my haunted house).

Hmmmm, houses that aren't in their boxes, well..........

I have an aster cottage (hubby's choice for the Santa's house he thought we needed, well he IS a keeper)

one Primrose turned into a haunted school

oe primrose I am working on right now to turn into a two storey pet shop with added height to the second floor,

one primrose that I mad ethe modern office but that is not officially mine now as my BIL has that one

a Sugarplum on the go at my PILs as I need to have an ongoing project when visiting them LOL and this is a vet's clinic, mostly assembled and need the interior decorating and accessories,

one Chantilly that has been almost done for years and years, going to get moving with that one now as I have finally decided on the exterior colours,

one scratch built withcy tower from own sketching

a General store from Real good toys or rather that is my husband's housing a bicycle shop and was a B-day gift for him last year

and then I have the haunted house kit I won last year and have technically started as I have taken it out of the box and started scoring into the floor boards LOL just today as I want to get a move on on this as well.

Can one get to many houses?!? no!!!!! I am defintiely going to make serious efforts of finishing those houses I have around before looking around for some new ones, but that Emerson Row is still tainting me and then I want to build a true haunted house, not sure what to use for that though....

Hugs

Tough question.

You see, I have only one regular house made from a kit; that's where the modern dolls all live.

Then I have two good-sized homemade houses, each painted "Storm Gray'" which I think of together as my Dorrit house-- a sizeable Victorian family lives there, with all their servants and houseguests-- but they have one kitchen, one bathroom, between the two houses. Would you count this as one or two?

Then I have my armoire-- I use the two drawers on the bottom for nightclothes; it is stacked on top with quilts-- but if you open the doors you'll find the three wide shelves completely lined with nine bashed together roomboxes, papered and trimmed, to represent a Victorian sporting house. I have a bar and a pool room on the first "floor" and the rest of the establishment upstairs. Is this a dollhouse?

BTW, I expect to be still decorating and peopling these places over the next couple of years at least.

THERE IS NO MORE ROOM. I cannot have another dollhouse. But I have little homeless 18th C and Regency dolls living in my china cabinet.... hmm, do I really need a china cabinet? :blink:

And how many dollhouses do you see your ultimate collection being?

About half one-quarter as many as I have, so it looks like that plan hasn't worked.

Built (structure is standing, may or may not be finished

Batrie cottage (1:12), Arthur (1:12), Orchid (1:12, not really finished with construction but definitely out of the box), modern cottage (1:18), modern house (1:24), tea shop (1:24), lighthouse (1:24), Colonial house (1:24), modern apartment in Target shelving (1:24), Homies' auto shop (1:24), Tenderloin condo (1:48), glass house (1:48). That seems to be twelve.

On deck (I already own the kit)

McKinley (1:12, slated for the pirates), Glencroft (1:12, no specific plans), Travel trailer (1:12, ditto), Golden Gate (1:12, probably offices), Queen Anne (1:24), farmhouse (1:24), extra Vermont Farmhouse (1:24, probably won't get built as I don't like the kit), Spanish Revival hotel (1:48). That seems to be eight. Oh, wait -- I have a little something for doing another 1:48 building. Nine.

Yikes. That's not even counting the 1:87 village, as those buildings don't have interiors.

Display space is kind of an Issue, even though I stick to small houses.

Built that I have kept, or built that I have given away?

Built completely (nothing else to be done on) that I have kept are:

Victorian Townhouse

Tennyson

Van Buren

Wildwood Stable

Haunted House (but that one is Jimmy's and he did 90% of it)

Emerson Row

Westville

Medieval Mill House

I have a Duracraft Queen Anne (The Captain's House), the Shenandoah cabin (partially built), the Tiffani almost complete, my farmhouse (an Arrow kit), the Dura craft Brookfield, an Artply Allison and a Duracraft Newberg being bashed together and only partially built right now, a 'play' dollhouse for my kids, and I'm working on the Woodcraft halfscale castle kit now. Oh, and a little one room log cabin that is living at my parents' cabin right now. None of them are totally finished yet. :lol: I also have several 1:144 scale houses. And I have a bunch of Greenleaf and Corona kits (including the Garfield) still in boxes waiting for us to move into a bigger house so I have room to build them :lol:

Hmmm houses that aren't in boxes....i can answer this!....non of them are totally complete yet tho :lol:

The federal - rgt's

the heritage

grosvenor hall

orchid

tennyson

cantebury

you would think that at least one would be totally completed before i move on to another....i do hope to shingle my orchid this week. i planned on today, but not sure. That would be the first completed house (except for curtains and furniture however)

I only have two, being a late starter in dollhouse collecting. One is the Country Victorian that my late husband built from scracth, that is almost finished and one Glencroft not even started yet. I want to do the Astor and maybe another small cottage type house.

Joan

• 1 month later...

I am about finished with my first "kit" house Beacon Hill. I have a old farm house I made 11 years ago that sits in the dining room, it doesn't have all it's furniture, my granddaughter plays with it. It's not a kit, it's from my imagination. I have sold 2 others a while back that I created myself also. I was given Beacon Hill, and I do like it, it will be in the living room when I think it's completed. I would like to make a cabin of some sort and a Christmas house. I don't know the names like you all do, I'll have to do some research. The Haunted house would be fun, I made a haunted birdhouse last year for my sister. It came out really cute. I don't know what will keep me busy in the future.

I have 2 haunted houses that are finished and landscaped. I have a fairy house that looks like a tree stump and a santa house -duracraft newburg. There are also a couple of room boxes. I have another newburg and a lafayette and one I dont know as the box and directions are gone waitin to be built as well as a huge stable from Sam's club. And I want to custom build a big victorian.

I

have 2 haunted houses that are finished and landscaped. I have a fairy house that looks like a tree stump and a santa house -duracraft newburg. There are also a couple of room boxes. I have another newburg and a lafayette and one I dont know as the box and directions are gone waitin to be built as well as a huge stable from Sam's club. And I want to custom build a big victorian.

hmmmmm and just where is the pictorial proof of all this wonderful eyecandy???

why do you tease us!? please share asap!

nutti :)

I

hmmmmm and just where is the pictorial proof of all this wonderful eyecandy???

why do you tease us!? please share asap!

nutti :clap:

Oh yes, we neeeeeed eye candy, or we will go bonkers :) !!!!

Hugs

I currently have at my home one Arthur, one Laurel and Primrose combo, and am halfway through a haunted house. I have comleted several others, but they are either in storage or have been given away!

I don't know how many I plan to eventually own, I just know I need a few more! I really want to make a church out of a Buttercup and I really want a McKinnley, too.

I gave the San Franciscan to DGD before I thought to take pictures of these things. I have the Cambridge I built for me. I built my first Buttercup for a charity silent auction and three more & two Sugarplums to sell for children to play with. I have built & sold or given away the Arthur, the Westville, the Haunted House & the McKinley. I have someone eyeballing my Coventry Cottage and I have my Glencroft pub. I have an Orchid that will be a small country store under the camper bed to finish when we get home. The rest are in their boxes, patiently waiting & all muttering, "Me next".

Recently, I celebrated a one year anniversary since becoming a member of this group. At that time I had one built house - my Beacon Hill that my father had built for me in 1994.

I'm not sure how many "built" dollhouses I have, but I'll list them:

1. 1:12 scale Beacon Hill

2. 1:12 scale Orchid

3. 1:12 scale Arrow (needs renovating)

4. 1:144 scale Beacon Hill

5. 1:144 scale Cabin (landscaped)

6. 1:144 scale cottage (I bought it on ebay - it's electrified, but needs to be finished.) Wasn't built from a kit.

7. 1:2 scale thatched roof cottage (just got this one yesterday - it's been built, but I'm going to electrify and make some alterations/renovations)

I've also built and decorated 2 roomboxes for my granddaughters.

-Susanne

Eegads ... wonder what my list will look like next year?

1:2 scale thatched roof cottage
That'll make a nice playhouse when your grandkids come to visit, Susanne, but didn't it cost to ship, though!:lol:

wonder what my list will look like next year?

Much longer.:D

This is a good post. Timely too, as I was sitting around last night thinking about my very huge dollhouse collection. Two kits are in boxes and are reserved for a charity auction (the beacon hill and thornhill mansion).

I am currently assembling the Queen Anne and I would be hard-pressed to auction it off but I'm running out of room because I have another huge house on layaway. I'm also thrilled that I have a Greenleaf Haunted Mansion on it's way right now.

Glad I'm not the only one obsessed!

I have no idea what to do with most of the houses. The haunted mansion is smaller, but the others are huge, heavy and overwhelming.