What does your "forum name" mean?

raspberry

This seemed like a friendly place where folks are on a first-name basis, so I used my first name and last initial when I joined. Since then, I've used it on blogs and begun to sign my artwork and miniature creations with it, too.

• Like 1

Mine sort of evolved from a series of user names when I first got online. I used to be Ruby Cat Paints, which was a word play on my name, I paint, I used Cat rather than Kat because I am fond of cats. I switched to my current name when Greenleaf switched to the bigger forum, I kept the "Cat" from the original name and added "Colorado" because I liked the alliteration and it's where I live. My new cat Liz is a native Colorado kitty, so the name fits even better now.

Mine was given to me by the racing team I was a part of in college. ... When the team won the 1996 AWOL National Championships, the trophies they gave to each of the pit crew had their names engraved on them, except for mine. It just read, "Pedaling Peabody." Hence the name, pdlnpeabody.

Thanks for the explanation, Jeremy. I've been saying "Piddling Peabody" instead of "Pedaling" -- I figured it referred to piddling around and making some new miniature. :)

Oh dear I'm sooooo boring - its my real name - or a shortened version of it.

I find it so difficult to remember everyone's real names when answering a post (gonna get much worse as the years roll on ) so it helps if they use their real name as their user name or in their signature.

This seemed like a friendly place where folks are on a first-name basis, so I used my first name and last initial when I joined. Since then, I've used it on blogs and begun to sign my artwork and miniature creations with it, too.

Ditto. I have an internet alias that I use everywhere else except here, because here I'm comfy with just being me.

Deb

Otterine is a made up word that means "otter like" and no, I don't claim to be the one who made it up. I pronounce it "otter in" not "otter eye-n" - like crystalline not clementine. :) My black and white otterine logo is an otter, though not everyone sees it, with the head and eye on the left and the arms up on the chest on the right, like a swimming otter. It's a drawing from my art school days. I'm not especially otterine since I can't swim, but I've always been drawn to them. I started a website for my photography and travels back around 1999, and otterine is the domain name I chose. So, when I started my blog on minis in 2009, I just kept going with that.

Clearly, I cannot read. ;) I always pronounced it as Otter-een, like canteen. Learn something new every day!

My name was made up by James. I'm a mom, he calls the boys "Moo" and I have two of them. :) Momof2Moos. Pretty quick and easy. Silly, but easy to remember.

If I ever come up with something catchier, I will change it.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

In searching for something totally different,I came across this old topic. It was really fun to read and answered a lot of questions about the ones who posted here.

I thought some of the newer members and others who missed it before would enjoy it. For the record,I chose my forum name very simply: it's a nickname some younger women friends started years ago,and one I like because I am not as much the little mouse I used to be;57 is my date of birth and this year it's also my age. :)

So,if you haven't seen or posted in this topic,I hope you'll read it and add to it if you so choose.:)

Thanks for the explanation, Jeremy. I've been saying "Piddling Peabody" instead of "Pedaling" -- I figured it referred to piddling around and making some new miniature. :)

"piddiling" has a somewhat different meaning here in MB.... :ohmy:

• Like 1

When I signed up here I used one of my work email addresses. My "forum name" is from that, and is made up of my initials and title, as in "DAL" and "Esq.". My "real name" is Debora, but people have refered to me as Dale on multiple occasions, which always makes me laugh.

• Like 1