What's everyone working on?

Do you have pics of this house up yet? that is awesome that you are adding to the kitchen. I would love to widen the kitchen and add a panty. I have a kitchen island and when you out it in there isn't much room between it and the other stuff, with sink counter on one side, fridge n stove on the other. The shape of the Garfield kitchen is frustrating. not big enough and not enough clear wall space to put things. I also have corner cupboards, upper and lower. Have seen them put so they divide the room, but so crowded that way, oh well guess people will have to stay out of the kitchen during the holidays LOL anxious to see pics!

I posted photos under my blog just a few minutes ago :)

I have a Garfield bash sitting in my living room (haven't done anything to it for a few years)...the kitchen was too small for me so i bashed the heck out of it! i moved the staircase as well so that i will be able to see up it! i would love to see your photos!

Yeah it is kind of sad on the Garfield that you can't see around the stairs and you can't see the 2nd floor landing........I thought about cutting the bedroom wall out like many have done but thinking of putting a window there instead that way the lady of the house can have some privacy lol It also bothered me alot how difficult it is to get to the third floor rooms once you reach the top of the staircase but someone said alot of very old houses were actually like that. Perhaps the staircase being hard to see will just make it more intriguing to look in the windows etc. I have an album up called Cheryls Garfield House Construction perhaps this link will work below I would love to see your Garfield Construction also. I also put this away for several years so determined to finish it this time lol

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=5445

I have a Garfield bash sitting in my living room (haven't done anything to it for a few years)...the kitchen was too small for me so i bashed the heck out of it! i moved the staircase as well so that i will be able to see up it! i would love to see your photos!

Your're doing a beautifful job on that. Will really enjoy watching the progress!

While you are working on the full-sized Garfield, I'm still working on the micro-sized one! I keep having to put it aside to do other things. This model doesn't come with a stairway - I'm debating whether I should try to add one or not. :unsure:

post-4286-0-23459500-1321844558_thumb.jp

oh I would add stairs........how would the occupants get to the second floor? and the bathroom is up there too! honestly I can't do houses that don't have the right passage ways etc lol that's just me though. I have too vivid an imagination and when you picture the dolls going from ground floor to the upper floors they have to have a way! That must be fun building a small one. I will get one later as a dollhouse for my dollhouse ............so tiny though it seems hard. you will have to show more pics when you are done! that looks incredible you are doing a wonderful job!

While you are working on the full-sized Garfield, I'm still working on the micro-sized one! I keep having to put it aside to do other things. This model doesn't come with a stairway - I'm debating whether I should try to add one or not. :unsure:

post-4286-0-23459500-1321844558_thumb.jp

... I can't do houses that don't have the right passage ways. I have too vivid an imagination and when you picture the dolls going from ground floor to the upper floors they have to have a way!

Cheryl, imagine that the stairs are in the part of the house that you can't see. You know, the part of the house on the other side of the missing wall. :D

LOL well you are right........guess my vivid imagination isn't quite imaginative as I thought lol...........well I like to mix realism with imagination?

hmm ok ........so how do you find the missing walls in these houses? ? If I can just find that...........then I can create the missing stairs!! :thumb:

Cheryl, imagine that the stairs are in the part of the house that you can't see. You know, the part of the house on the other side of the missing wall. :D

I painted the wainscot for the Nob Hill kitchen. Finally a tiny bit of progress. I'm having a terrible motivation issue with this one!

Oh, dear, Tracy. And your deadline is looming!

I am ashamed to admit that I have not worked on the minis for the past six weeks and I really want to get back on the MTC so that I can move it out of my workroom and get the fund raiser started for my rescue group. The Monclair has become a junk collector for every loose piece of wood, mini tool and yet to be installed window, wall paper and furniture. DH is getting antsi with the Lawbre sitting in the basement (which consists of his office and the exercise room) and Rapunzal's Tower is cluttering up half the dining room. I have completed several furniture kits for some of the projects and they are sitting in bins on the dining room table. I have the Greenleaf kits from this last contest that I would love to start and on top of that the Tudor Coaching house is sitting there yelling that I need to get busy on it!!!!! But I did get a little done on Elrond's Library even if I can't set it up because I have no room!!!!!!!!!:dunno:

Why are nearly all of my projects all so huge??????:cry:

You may be whacked, but that bed is the bomb!

On another topic, has anyone here had any experience using Gorilla Glue? Is it as good as they claim and how fast does it adhere and dry? I'm on the last stages of this firehouse (The Willow) and it's being very uncooperative. I think I'm going to need a gorilla to beat it into submission. All opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

~Wing~

I use Gorilla glue superglue all the time, its thicker than most and easier to control. Haven't tried their other types yet .

Glad you like the bed, it always makes a hard slog seem worthwhile when someone takes the time to comment - thank you.

I use Gorilla glue superglue all the time, its thicker than most and easier to control. Haven't tried their other types yet .

Glad you like the bed, it always makes a hard slog seem worthwhile when someone takes the time to comment - thank you.

Jo, the bed is gorgeous! Well done!! :clap:

Judith, regular Gorilla Glue swells as it cures and could be a problem. I've not used the Gorilla brand super glue.

What do you mean by uncooperative? Are the pieces pulling apart before the white or wood glue dries? You might try running a bead of the white or wood glue leaving gaps every couple of inches. In the gaps, put a drop of super glue. When you stick the two pieces together, the superglue will take hold in a few seconds and hold the piece in place while the white or wood glue dries.

This house has been sitting for a while during my move, and with the differences in heat and cold some parts of it have bowed slightly along with tabs that no longer want to fit into the slots (they did during the dry fit). I've tried sanding the tabs down - one day they fit the next they don't. So...I'm done fighting with it. I need my table back for Thanksgiving - I haven't seen the top of my table since February so it's file the tabs off add Gorilla Glue time.

Well, I am happy and just a smidgeon proud of myself. I FINALLY finished installing lights in my current project (way behind schedule) using tapewire for the first time. I am delighted to report that all the lights WORK! Had some problems but got them solved. :banana: Pictures later.