What's everyone working on?

well my order arrived...super happy to finally have the 1/144th scale adobe....and the few cute things I got for Albie's kitchen

BUT...I will be continuing on with making of my own wainscoting....and not worry about thickness...I ordered 1 of each thing I was interested in to see with my own eyes....blech...I have seen some of the work done here that puts this stuff to shame....not that there is anything wrong with it per'se 

and my issues with math and numbers brought home when the chair rail I purchased turns out will be awesome in a half scale house....LOL

ya live...ya learn....NEXT!

I waited for this order to continue with the entrance way...so today I will finally use my new saw and get er done....

I saw some gorgeous floors in Creamcheese painted lady garfield....I dont plan on such elaborateness but ty for the inspiration....

more skills my left pinky for more skills!!! lol

super glad to see Mike's Dollhouse shop back in the gallery!!!  which takes me back to the 1/144th scale in the new Catalog I got today I see not only are they selling furniture kits for this scale but also 3d printed stuff...any guess what my next order will consist of???

• Like 1

Lynette, I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, but there's a wainscoting tut from the Gazette here:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/dollhouse_news/feb2007/dollhouse-wainscoting.html  With some basswood from Michaels and your moto, it would be easy and lots of fun.

The Tennyson is all primed and back into dry fit for a final fitting.  I use the exterior paint to prime the outside to make sure I like the colors (I do) and to audition the wallpaper to check for any clashing.  I swapped out two of the predominately ivory papers in favor of ones with a bit more green in them and it works better than I anticipated.  There was a momentary "nooooo" when I realized that one of the new choices was a single sheet in my stash but I dashed over to Itsy Bitsy (all of the wallpaper comes from them) and was delighted to find that they still have that design in stock.  Yay!!!!  There's always going to be a color variation, especially after four years, so I just ordered enough for the whole room.   I got an email from them just two hours later saying it had shipped.  Now that's service!!!  Actually, they always have awesome service and I love the owner as much as I love his wallpaper.  It's the only wallpaper I've used for about six years now.  It has such a perfection in scale and detailing that it's become an addiction.  The one I ordered is the green Tin Hearts design and it's probably one of my very favorites of theirs.  Anyway, I'm happy with the wallpaper choices now.  I was also thrilled to find the instructions too which made me laugh since I never read them.....but I always use them as a folder for the window inserts as soon as I open the box and I really NEED the window inserts!  All is well in my world.   

• Like 2

I always use the Warm Up sheet to hold my window inserts!lol  Before the humidity in the heat got to me in the shop I put a coat of primer on the landscaping base for the farmhouse and began to cut out the rabbit hutch pieces.

• Like 1

My 7 year old and I are so excited about the mystery dollhouse were being given in September that we've been watching a lot of polymer clay tutorials. Today, we bought some graph paper and other tools we needed and we sat down and made the pieces out of clay to make a table. We plan to make pumpkins and other halloween stuff to display on it. So, we put that together after it cooled down and painted the first coat. I'm really surprised at how well the table turned out so far for our first clay piece.

taking a much needed break.... :construction:

today I just couldnt take the warp in my pretty floor so I painted the cardboard with water and and it is going to sit under heavy items until it complies...lol..

.I have my 3 sections of wainscoting made....kinda wished I would have tried a light stain first....but the upper part is fairly dark so after the ivory dried(ick) I repainted it with the white house paint I got the other day....and I thought while I was at it...I painted every wall white...yes white...and then the attic ceilings and 2nd floor...spent quite a bit of time in that weird bending over looking up position...but happy to say it is all painted white...these particular ceilings were painted with a sand and paint texture aaaaaaaaaa soo many yrs ago...blue with what was suppose to be clouds...YUCK...now all white and the tower...I am not a fan of all white...but its an easy fix...will look good while I move from room to room...working on a pattern for the floor the bay window section of the living room...since it is the hardest to get to....thats where Im working next.. DH be here later and he is going to raise albie up higher so I dont have to bend further over to look up to do the non textured ceilings on the first floor....I have all the papers Im going to use ready....cuz he will have to move it back down before he leaves again....

I like my entrance way pretty well but about half through it I thought...why not use the tp and paint method?? silly alot less bulk...sigh... :dunno:

Im hoping to get the fireplace and chimney made later tonight...I need the fireplace built so I know how far to go with the hearth...if Im lucky it will not cut into the square of the living room so I dont have to do any fancy figuring...

Deb...I did enjoy the photos of the wainscoting....but my mind went all blank stare at the dimensions of each piece of trim.... :crazyeyes:

determined to get one more room finished and maybe the attic space as well before I quit and move back to the Chantilly....

need to redo the kitchen walls cuz I majorly botched the wall paper and it must come off or be covered....there are 2 little girls in Ohio who will have a dollhouse this yr for Christmas...and there is furniture to make as well....

feeling so much better about things and happy to doing what I love to do....

thanks to each of you who are my inspirations!! :clap:  :cheer:  :clap:

• Like 1

Well it is Friday afternoon here so am going to pack ujp and head home in just a couple of minutes...

Plans for today is to finally attach the ceiling lights permanently, or atleast the magnets to the ceiling. Have found the chandelier I want to use for the kitchen are, LED and battery powered as well so will order that over the weekend I hope.

Well, better get back to doing the stuff I ought to huh???

Hugs

That sounds like a fun way to unwind on a Friday night Anna!  

I finished the wallpaper in the attic this morning and am ready to start working on the window frames for it before I move on to wallpapering the next room.  Getting the wallpaper borders to meet up with that roof cant has been more of a challenge than my brain can assimilate so I decided to simply put the borders on in a variety of staggered heights which give the attic a rather intriguing sort of random look that I think I like better than having it all symmetrical.   The border for that paper is a series of boxed pictures of flowers that are just the right size for framing so I think I'm going to make a bunch of picture frames with Mod Podge molds and place them at random around the walls.  The attic is a combination bedroom/artist studio so it's going to look pretty cool that way.  It's a big room and took all six sheets of wallpaper with very little left over.  Now I'm off to go make window frames and paint them pretty colors.  

• Like 2

I Googled images of chicken coops and sketched one I thought I could build and began to draw up plans on graph paper.  I put the second coat of primer on the base and began gluing screen to the open wall of the rabbit hutch.  It's too hot & humid to spend very long in the shop.

• Like 1

Nibble, nibble!!! He is adorable checking the barn out!

Just put in a pic of the bedroom in the lighthouse with the ceiling lamp "permanently" installed, ie the magnet is attached and the lamp is easily removed.

Hugs

• Like 2

Grand-daughter's wedding coming in September, so I decided to do "small" projects.(No play on words) I got out the box with all the kits that I have

for furniture. It will keep me occupied and not all over the house. Just put together brass garden set from the 90's.........

:bear:

after a disappointing morning looking for transportation... I threw myself into some dollhouse mania...first DH brought me home some real paint brushes and now Albie has a nice covering coat of white in all rooms....while all of that dried I got the Chantilly out of her corner and proceeded to rip out all I had done to the kitchen...to start over fresh...the paper job I did was pitiful and now it is going to Ohio for 2 little girls it needs some Pink.. I decided that after I went through my furniture stash and found 4 kitchen chairs that are black purple pinks...which just happen to be fav colors of the nieces...and the Chantilly herself will be a light shade of pink with black trim with the white brickabrack...already painted the porch black and everything is drying....busy day in my niche and it is telling the tale with boxes here and there and stuff on all the tables....I need another table...

Happy Sat all!

NEXT!

Yes, folks, it's true!  After more than a year the Ellwanger House is FINISHED!! :banana:   OK....so maybe I have to fix that stupid bathroom light that suddenly decided to stop working, hey - other than that - - it's FINISHED!!  Woo Hoo!

On to the next!   :)

• Like 6

I did something today!  Woohoo!  My craft room isn't all completely organized, but at least stuff is there and mostly unpacked.  I bought some organizing bins and carts today, so I'll work more on that this coming week.

But, i finally went in there and did some work!  It was just one of those small little bird houses from Michael's, but it sure was nice to be painting and sanding again.   :)  Yay for me!

I also went to a mini estate sale this morning.  I was lazy and didn't get there until 2 hours after start, but without a current project there wasn't really anything I was much after anyway. I got a cute little 2 story roombox/cabinet, and it is painted almost the same exact color as the craft room walls!  It looks really good in there.  I also got to take a good look at the roombox I'll be making next weekend in a class there.  So that was nice, to see it in person, and see some other examples. I don't have any ideas or inspiration yet for this box, so I'm hoping something will hit me this week.  Helped to see the boxes today though.

• Like 1

I finally got the dividers sawn to put between the windows in the sun room. Then I enlarged the porch over the sun room and made new walls for it - I'm having a solid wall run around the porch. And you should have been there for that party, because it wasn't nearly as simple as I've just made it sound. LOL Next week, I get to do the top part of the sleeping porch (arches) and then I guess I will extend the attic because now it looks really silly sitting thereby itself, shorter than the other two rooms below it.. By then I should also have more wood and can finally put a front on the master bath. I don't even remember now why the front is gone. Oh, yeah, because I enlarged the kitchen. Oh, well......

I'm still trying to decide what to do with the tower, or if I even want one. But after that, the house will more or less be finished being built. More more, than less. I'm so happy. Hey! Where'd our smilies go?

Whoa, here we go again, all new stuff to get used to and noodle through!  No mining here today; it's DH's birthday and the Birthday By & I spent the day quietly puttring around in the yard.  For supper I fixed him curried shrimp and Rouse's banana pudding for his birthday cake.

yesterday I gave the Chantilly the tp/paint stucco effect with a light pink...this morning when I started painting the black I realised it is not pink enough

so another squirt of magenta into the mix and now it pops against the black and hopefully all the white trim...

instead of one nice bed this house is getting twin beds for 2 girls to play together...found cute butterfly woodsies at the dollar tree with no real project in mind but they are the perfect size for headboards for the beds and maybe some cutesy chairs...

I decided that albies addition is getting the TP treatment as well...the main house is siding and the addition is smooth...at one time I thought maybe to shingle the upper half but it   says no.

glad to have the forum back up but Ima miss them emoticons!!

• Like 1

Hello to all my old friends and all the lovely new ones I haven't yet met.

I just got home from a long holiday in Cyprus on Saturday and will be going back again in September for a couple of weeks so nothing new mini-wise to report but after I get the R/L house and garden sorted I plan to jump back in there and finish the House of Perfumes. 

So I will make a couple of October resolutions -

1. I will post more regularly in this forum as its probably the best dolls house forum around.

2. I will finish the House of Perfumes

3. I will make the dolls for the Arsenic and Old Lace room box

Wonder how many of these I will manage to keep or how many will roll over into new year resolutions.

The new forum is great by the way.

P1040833 resized.jpg

P1040796resized.jpg

P1040791resized.jpg

• Like 4