What's everyone working on?

Tonight I am being a stonemason. I decided to go ahead and build the stone foundation with paper clay. The thought of cutting and pasting egg carton stones with my current carpal tunnel flare-up made me decide to try that technique another time. I'm happy with the foundation so far.

Tonight I am being a stonemason. I decided to go ahead and build the stone foundation with paper clay. The thought of cutting and pasting egg carton stones with my current carpal tunnel flare-up made me decide to try that technique another time. I'm happy with the foundation so far.

post-6356-0-14095400-1362706236_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Thank you, Debora. I roll it out thin, slather glue on the surface I am going to put it on, then carve out the stone (or brick) after it's attached. I use my thumb for bumpy texture, and use a stiff brush if I want a dimpled texture. Once it dries, I paint then varnish.

Roxy, you can easily bash that arched front roombox to get what you want. Do scroll back through the old Creatin' Contest archives at miniatures.com to see the winners from the year that kit was the entry (I think it was the year before the Sugarplum Cottage was the kit).

I'm making a table lamp out of "found" bits and bobs. The only thing that I've bought is some tiny horse charms from a sewing site - everything else was from my supplies stash, my rubbish stash or the garage - lots of rubbish in there. So I'm quite proud of how its going although it is quite ugly, the kind of thing only its owner could love because of the time she spent on it. I'll try and tart it up a bit today and maybe post a pic if it all stays together - metal bits are quite hard to "fix".

First order of business today is shoveling snow. 5" and counting so far this morning, but just a mere drop in the bucket compared to the blizzard last month! Then - I get to play with the RGT build-along which is suppose to start today on Facebook.

Me too!!! I can't build anything very well until I have the surgery on my finger. I broke the tendon on my middle finger of my right hand and it is useless. I have been waiting 3 months to see a surgeon in Santa Fe. I am thinking that the room box might be the best scenario for my budget. I need to find out what to use for the adobe surface. I am waiting for the HBS sale to buy somthings.

3 months, Roxy??? Wow! I broke a tendon on the same finger and had it worked on right away. I can't believe they are waiting around to fix it. Do you at least have it splinted?

I can't remember how long I had it splinted, but it seemed forever. Being a teacher of 4th - 6th graders and having my middle finger sticking out all of the time was a bit of a challenge! :lol:

I hope you don't have to keep waiting. Is there another good hand surgeon?

• Like 1

Jo, for gluing metal to metal, JB Weld is da bomb.

For all answers as to what glue to use to glue this to that, there is a fine website: http://www.thistothat.com/

It speaks to gluing a wide variety of materials to itself or something else: ceramic, fabric, glass, leather, metal, paper, plastic, rubber, styrofoam, vinyl, and wood

... For all answers as to what glue to use to glue this to that, there is a fine website:

It speaks to gluing a wide variety of materials to itself or something else: ceramic, fabric, glass, leather, metal, paper, plastic, rubber, styrofoam, vinyl, and wood

Here is the link for the Glue "this to that" website for those that might need it.

I started my heritage today, my first build. This was partially assembled so I did some disassembling of bay windows, took out center room divider. Did some sanding of the floor then did the plaster for the walls. tomorrow I would like to sand the walls, maybe prime then sand floors, clean and polyurathane the first floor, at least the fit coat of poly.

Hello Everyone.. been a fun time trying to work out why my large Bay window wasn't sitting right..snapped one of the supports 4 times.. glued and clamped..and then FINALLY! I decided to think outside of the box.. ended up having to cut off parts of the windows down the bottom so they would actually fit.. so now I'm on a roll again have the the front roof on and now I'm deciding what to do next.. not sure if I should prime it all so far any suggestions would be most welcomed :)

Finally got the MacKenzie's new foundation columns in place and the joists ready for installation. I still have thousands of parts to make and install before April 16th, but I hope to catch up before any more unplanned "vacations" happen.

Finally got the MacKenzie's new foundation columns in place and the joists ready for installation. I still have thousands of parts to make and install before April 16th, but I hope to catch up before any more unplanned "vacations" happen.

Hopefully your health will improve and you'll meet your goal.

I finished my Imagination House ~ yay! I still need to put flowers in the window boxes, but it is ready for the scholarship fundraiser. Woohooo!

More pics in my gallery: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=88281

If you have any suggestions before I donate it, please feel free to share them with me.

post-6356-0-73326000-1363044523_thumb.jp

post-6356-0-75057000-1363044544_thumb.jp

Oh Chris, the house is wonderful! Someone will be very lucky to get it. My only suggestion is to sign your name underneath. After all, you are the artist who built and decorated it. Hope it raises a lot of money.

• Like 1

I finished my Imagination House ~ yay! I still need to put flowers in the window boxes, but it is ready for the scholarship fundraiser. Woohooo!

More pics in my gallery: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&image=88281

If you have any suggestions before I donate it, please feel free to share them with me.

You did really nice job on this. Whoever goes home with this house should be very happy!

• Like 1

Oh Chris, the house is wonderful! Someone will be very lucky to get it. My only suggestion is to sign your name underneath. After all, you are the artist who built and decorated it. Hope it raises a lot of money.

Thanks, Sam. I had already signed and dated it. I did that with last year's fundraiser dollhouse, too.