What's everyone working on?

I've been working on making half scale furniture and also made some rugs. I bought some iron-on veneer and made a parquet floor in a basket weave pattern and just finished a butcher block top for the sink cabinet. Still waiting for some things to dry on the sink part and then that will be done. Looking around at faucets to see what style I want to put on it.

• Like 1

I'm still stuck on what color I want my 1/4 scale 2012 SF to be. I want to make it a perfect little guest cottage type building. I'm toying with yellow. Or white, or light green......or light blue or light gray......what color should this perfect tiny cottage be?

What color does it tell you it wants to be?

• Like 1

Sounds like you have a lot of mini work going on too, Anna!

I just got home from Molly Cromwell's Orlando show. I had most of the roof framed by the time I left for the show on Saturday morning. I picked up 6 light fixtures for the house at Ron's Miniature Shop before driving over to the show venue. Their shop was packed with shoppers. Unfortunately, they were all out of the March issue of Miniature Collector magazine. Ron did allow me to see his personal copy so I could check out my Chicago International ad. They dulled down the image for some reason.

My table at the show was directly across from John Zweifel's. He had one of his guys help put my Tudor house on the table, and sat at my table for a while towards the end of the preview show Saturday night. He's a really nice guy. During the 5 hours leading up to the start of the show, I was able to install two chandeliers in the living room, the 2nd floor bedroom light, an LED light above the tub in the bathroom, and a 2nd transformer to handle all of the extra lights.

• Like 2

So many of you lovely people talk about your dolls and what they want. I didn't take you seriously. I have been working on my Orchid, dry fit and got the floors stained. I just couldn't make decisions about how to divide and finish the house. Soooooo I made a doll. Just the head and pipecleaners so far. His name is Jay and the house is really falling together now. He knows where he wants to live! I made spirial stairs so there would be more room in the house.

• Like 2

I love looking at the gallery, it gets me inspired. So, I have this already put together puzzle house, re-painted it white with black trim. Then, on a hint from the board, went to 99cent store,

and got black bamboo table mats, cut flooring and glued it in. That looks cute! My use the natural ones in the Seaside Beach house. Am in the groove, thanks everyone.

Gail :bear:

• Like 1

Nothing interesting happening at the moment. Finished all the mortar work on the Victorian's replacement masonry. Ground details are getting touched up, and on the schedule for later tonight- cut studs and runs for the one interior wall that will need to be replaced.

I posted some pictures in my gallery of what I've been working on: finishing up my cigar bar box, getting started on my half-scale Rosedale, adding details to my ponderosa, and rehabbing my columbian.

Making all the bottle for the bar was fun. I accidentally burned some of the polymer clay, but it ended up turning into a cool whiskey bottle color.

• Like 1

What color does it tell you it wants to be?

That's the problem. I often wind up with very fickle kits which tell me something new every day and end up making my head spin :) Spring Fling having a deadline helps me because I can't let my build be taken over by it's residents. I'm more bossy during flingtime I guess :)

So far the ideas are:

White with red trim

Lt. Yellow with white trim

Lt. Green with white trim

I also like the combination of either yellow or green with white; you could also go with either yellow with light green trim, or green with even lighter yellow trim.

I love green and yellow together in my home, dollhouses, crafting.....and I love it with lavender or pink or blue or all three......I love the colors of the 30's. No doubt this will land on one of my builds :)

I got up this morning and put together a Storybook Cottage kit. Sidetracked, once again... A friend told me Wednesday, do a miniature "for yourself". OK. Why not?

I decided that I needed my own private place to work. Since we don't have enough space in our back yard for a real one, I am building my dream workspace in miniature. If you would like to see it, I am going to feature it on my blog until I finish it. Come by for a cuppa and see.

Just poke "my blog changes daily" beneath my signature.

Hi Everyone!

Hey Holly!!!! It has been ages since I was in here!!! I moved across country to the outback of Northern New Mexico! There isn't a Dollar store in sight and it will be even more of a challenge to get supplies here but I am excited about the change in venue. I did make a small adobe house but most all of my minis are still packed in boxes. I sold almost all my 14 dollhouses and only kept 2. I am scared to open the boxes and see how they fared coming across country!!! Wish me luck!

I can't wait to catch up and see what everyone has been making!

• Like 1

Hurrah! Roxanne is home! :hug: I missed you! We moved in August 2011 and I still don't have a workshop; I finally could stand it no longer and started an Aubusson rug I hope won't be too big for Mildred, who did not fare too well in the mosve, since DH stuck it in the back of the camper and piled a bunch of heavy stuff on the second floor and drove it over a rough railroad crossing. Two walls came off (without destroying wallpaper) and the scratch-built stairs don't appear too healthy.

• Like 1

I am working on building the RGT Imagination House for the scholarship fundraiser. I posted pictures of my progress so far in my gallery. I still need to finish the floors, staircase, trim, and roof.

I am wondering about the roof. I got tile stain, but it turns out you are supposed to put the tiles in the stain to soak, and this house doesn't have tiles. The roof is pre-made. With the bright yellow of the house, I am thinking of just using some varnish or a clear minwax stain so it will look like shakes. I kind of like the light color of the roof.

Ideas/Opinions?

post-6356-0-41427700-1361931640_thumb.jp

Who says you have to put the tiles in the stain? I use a soft rag and rub the stain on. The roof is also pretty as is.

I was wondering about that, Holly. The directions said to soak, but I wondered if I could sponge it on. I got a gray stain, but I do like the look of the 'cedar'.

I was wondering about that, Holly. The directions said to soak, but I wondered if I could sponge it on. I got a gray stain, but I do like the look of the 'cedar'.

I think the color it is now looks really good with the yellow house color. Just my opinion. Nice job on the house!

• Like 1