What's everyone working on?

Just posted pics of the Tudor's exterior in my gallery. Still not sure I like the Tudor framing in its current form, but I could always add timbers later. Guess I'll work on window frames for the next few days.

House is absolutely beautiful!

Yesterday I pulled apart the messy brick pile beside the kiln at the pot shop and re-stacked it in a tidier fashion. Lloyd said no potter in his right mind would have dumped the bricks in a heap. They're too expensive to risk breaking them.

That is the pitifully small bit of miniature work done recently. I've been concentrating on genealogy lately, but come the New Year, the Beacon Hill will get full attention! (It's sitting in dry fit, watching me as I type this!)

Are we still trying to figure how to make that diva front opening?

No, just too many corners and angles to make it work easily. Will work on a zero-clearance turntable when she gets nearer to display time.

Not particularly happy with the faux floor results. I would like it if I were going for an aged house look; in fact, they have a great patina. But I am not so certain about them for the dollhouse for a fundraiser.

Anyone have any great ideas for making them look more uniform?

post-6356-0-89042600-1356394992_thumb.jp

Finished a roombox today! Just in time for Dad's Christmas. A few issues as it was a 33 year old Woodline Box Kit. It was an odd size, but I made it look like a garage we had on one of the horse farms and it came out okay. Also got the windows in the 1/2 scale Colonial. Up next: Colonial baseboards and work on the Little Shop of Horrors flower shop.

• Like 1

Not particularly happy with the faux floor results. I would like it if I were going for an aged house look; in fact, they have a great patina. But I am not so certain about them for the dollhouse for a fundraiser.

Anyone have any great ideas for making them look more uniform?

What about putting it into dry fit and putting rugs & furniture on it to see how it looks?

Haven't added much in here in too long, but my Christmas Eve night was made when my friend picked up the dollhouse she commissioned me to make for her daughter... The Victoria's Farmhouse was completely refurbished, and after the first initial gasp at the size she grabbed me in a bear hug and told me quite plainly that if/when her daughter may feel she's outgrown it she(my friend) would be storing it in a safe place to keep for future generations!

Loved seeing just how very excited she was to be able to give this to her daughter. Heartwarming in knowing the background she came up in down here, where there was no indoor plumbing. The outhouse is what they used and warmed water on the stove from the well for baths. With 5 siblings and not a lot of money to spare, she was never one to complain. Now both she and her husband serve, and this is the first Christmas in 5 years they're all getting to spend together as a family. Being able to give her daughter her main wish for Christmas... I don't know it just really touched me!

Of course I had to throw in several sheets of printies so they could craft for the dollhouse together, also threw in an old-fashioned Santa along with a tree and presents, an older bathroom set so she had something to start off with, an aquarium, vases, etc...

So I guess the other bright side is -- I cleaned out A LOT of work space to dive back into another project, or two, or three now! Anyways, hope everyone has a wonderfully Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you may celebrate! Here's wishing we may all be touched by a story such as this to make us remember that there is so much more out there!!!

• Like 4

Holly do you remember who it was that was asking about wine bottles a little while ago. If I remember you said something to them about using a printie, I can't seem to find the thread.

Was it Anna?

Yeas it was me, and as I have hubby dearest contracted to cut those angled pieces on one of his huge saws I am soooo going to need lots and lots of bottle thingies....

Hugs and thanks for thinking of me

Kelli, I got warm fuzzies all over reading your story! Anna, I hunted all over the search feature to try to find your post to link Judith.

Not sure if I am doing this right, think the post was i. This topic p 116, http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28628&view=findpost&p=516186

Back to tidying up, preparing the craft area for better light, hubby's Christmas gift to me, yay....

Hugs and thank you for thinking of me!

Yeas it was me, and as I have hubby dearest contracted to cut those angled pieces on one of his huge saws I am soooo going to need lots and lots of bottle thingies....

Hugs and thanks for thinking of me

Hey Anna, I was trying to find you because I remembered you said you needed them and Manor House Mini's is having a sale on them this week only $ .69 cents each. They have them in 3 colors. They're a featured item this week so I don't know how long they'll last, but here they are if you still need them.

http://www.manorhous...t.asp?Sku=MWBT2

http://www.manorhous...t.asp?Sku=MWBT4

http://www.manorhous...t.asp?Sku=MWBT1

Not much mini work today. We're still packing for the trip and tidying up around the apartment. Fortunately I cooked a large turkey dinner two days ago, so I haven't had to cook since.

I did gloss coat a couple of items I've been working on over the past couple of weeks. Kind of "top secret" project stuff, but there will be photos posted soon.

While we're in Houston I'm going to make a side trip to Dollhouses Unlimited. Dollhouse / mini shops are so few and far between, I'm excited about getting to see one while we're in TX.

• Like 1

Still plugging away on the front of the Queen Anne Rowhouse. Earlier this month I dressed up the bay. Today I painted the dark green embellishments that will go on either side of the top window (they're not glued on yet, so a little crooked!)

I'm waiting for a couple of purchases to arrive - a maple door (same style) and some sunburst like trim that I'll paint house colored and put inside the dark green panels on the bay.

post-7-0-26388200-1356659270_thumb.jpg post-7-0-83370700-1356659266_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

So I've got a Harrison to make for somebody, that they want in January. I haven't started yet. Guess I better get started, and that's how I'll spend the rest of my Christmas break.

I did buy some Kleenex on Christmas clearance today to use for stucco, so at least that's something for progress...

Yeah, we'll see how that goes... I have one to rehab, but sometimes I think that's harder than starting from scratch. I also have a new kit I can use for spare pieces and new window plastic if needed.

Last January I was asked (told) to do 2 houses. One for my niece, and when that was done, another to "take up to a year". Well, the Newburg for my niece was just completed a few weeks ago, soooo...

Sad thing is, having these to do (and coming off just having completed one for another niece a week before I was told about these), has left no time for me to play with my stuff, and has really left me with a bad mini attitude. :(

• Like 1