Don't you just hate it when...

ItzKathyP

...you run out of supplies. (Feel free to fill in your own frustration.)

In my case:

I was going to spackle my ceilings and the spackle had dried up.

I was going to fine-sand some pieces and the sanding sealer wouldn't spray.

I was going to drill holes for bannister railings and the Dremel battery was dead.

I was going to prime some walls and there was an inch of dried up paint across the top of the can.

This is the best reason I can think of for never quitting work on your houses for any length of time.

When you have an idea in your head on how to do something but when you get it all out on the table it just refuses to cooperate? I have been trying to make the stair railing around the top of the stairs and those dang little posts just refuse to line up! GRRRRR! :cry:

The saw splintered my carefully measured railings

The glue doesn't hold

should I go on?

Yes! So frustrating! Not dollhouse related but Im working on a sewing project and just cut my fabric the wrong way....have to wait three days for fabric store to open to get more...if I hadnt cut it wrong,I would have been done already!

Oh Karin do I get that one! So it should read...

When you cut your fabric ( wallpaper, carpet, flooring etc) backward and run out of material to do it over!

Signed the Queen of Backwards!

Story of my life ...

I think my birth name was really "Murphy" as in Murphy's law - anything that can go wrong will or something like that.

Here's a fun link to a page with lots of murphisms.

Murphy's Laws

I can relate to this so much. I hate it soooo much. Im always running out of supplies. Its pathological with me. I really dont understand why either because Im very organized when building and in keeping my craft room tidy but I have a chronic disease of missing supplies. The biggest ones for me are glue and varnish. Every single time I start a build, Im missing these items and I have to put everything on hold to go and get them at the store.

The worst is when they finish right in the middle of a build. Thats when you can catch me banging the glue against the side of the table to get the very last bit out and saying things worse than the baddest sailor you can find on the high seas. My husband always stays away at those moments for his own safety but I do get to hear the famous question "Did you run out of glue?"

Yes, I hate it! But lucky me, the dollhouse store is five minutes away. (It's not the reason we bought our house -- but it's a great perk!) So whenever I run out of something I usually hop in the car and go down there. When I'm neck-deep in a project they're used to seeing me several times a week... it's like, "Oh, what did you run out of this time?!" :cry:

Also, my workshop is disastrously messy. So about half the time I don't actually run out of something, I just can't find it. :D

I really hate it when:

I can't remember how to do something. Right now, I bought a bunch of Micheal's puzzles houses (on sale for $5 and I had a coupon) to work on in our up north Michigan house and I can't get wall paper to print. Rebooted; resized; can't get it to print on a 8 1/2 by11. I usually print out wall paper and printies for everything up here to bring back down state since the printer here always has full color cartridges. But now that I started a work space up here, I can't get it to work. I'm so frustrated I could scream.

Kirsten

Or when you put the only working stain marker in a bin of dried ones?

Or when you put something down and you just can't find it 2 min later?

Yes I am trying to organize my work area.

Corwin, why do you have a binful of dried out stain markers? Just pull off the caps to put back for mini projects and toss the useless parts; then the working one will be the only one with its bottom still there.

for me it's not running out of supplies, it happens to me so often I expect now....lol But it's the fact that the nearest store to buy most supplies is almost an hour's drive from my house. It's really annoying with I run out of something like a little piece of wood for trim or I need just a small amout of paint. I can't justify driving all that way for just a small purchase. Than I either have to wait up to a week or I go to the store and end up spending more money than (to justify driving all that way to the store).

Holly, i realy am not sure, after about two days they bounce back.

Here is another one, you make a template, cut the window frames out door frames, stair cases etc. You then spend two hours doing intricate paneling only to find out its backwards! I usually mark my template with UP and DOWN But some time i get mixed up .. .

I was working on some printie books. These have pics and writing inside. After finishing I'm looking at them, and two of my books have their covers glued on upside down to the inside prints. Oh well, I guess they are still usable to stuff in a bookcase. I also have the problem of having an item, then not being able to find it two seconds later.

I hate it when I have brain disfunction and I state on a forum that you cut on a 40 degree angle instead of 45!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just left off a plinth block at the bottom of the townhouse bedroom door. I've found a way to fix it, and everything will be alright, thank goodness.

I used to hate those brain farts; now, since I know there's nothing I can do about it, I just laugh myself sick at them. BTW, Using the little built-in ridge/ fence on my EZ Cutter for frames automatically cuts 45-degree angles; I really wish it wouldn't crush the molding wood!

I am far from a craft store (I use the term loosely -- it's the back section of a hardware store) and I buy all mini supplies online. So when I see something I think I can use in the future I go ahead and get it ...

... then, when I reach for that special glue, that wonderful paint, that unique pen -- it's all dried up! :)