I want to see your first dollhouse

pinkhare

My first dollhouse was made from vegetable boxes that my Dad kept in the garage. They were made from slats of some kind of thin wood that I ripped apart and reconstructed. I sure wish I had it still!

My first "REAL" dollhouse was the Jefferson that I no longer have either but would like to build again someday and do it "right".lol

Actually, my first dollhouse was a plywood box that my boyfriend built for me in high school and I made into a 'colonial home' for a history class project. As I recall, I made the furniture out of cardboard boxes and painted a chimney on the side and cut pieces of fabric for 'quilts' on the beds. i did make an A on it, though!

• 3 weeks later...

Um well, I don't have pics of my first built house, but let me assure you i have come a very long way in 9 years, and i am 20, what did you expect for an eleven year old? I thought it looked good, for an elven year old. ;) I gutted a lundby house first.

My first doll house was not really a build at all, just a decorating project on a mass produced wooden house from a toy shop. Villa Madeleine just screwed together and was very simple to assemble - picture below. I bought it as a Christmas (2008) present for my baby granddaughter and had so much fun doing it I decided I wanted to build a bigger one just for me (and maybe to give to her when she is old enough to appreciate it) I chose the biggest I could find, the Garfield which I began in January 2009 and I'm still building it. I consider this to be my first build as this is where I have really learned about DH building and mini making - a hobby I'm so pleased to have stumbled across.

gallery_4015_2789_1751559.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...