Are you "In Love" with your dollhouse?

ItzKathyP

I'm in love with My Fairfield. :p I thought I knew what love was all about until I started building it. I've even started a BLOG about it, for heavens' sake, and I barely even know what a blog IS!

Is anyone else goofy like me? :) Are you totally in love with your dollhouse? Do you think it's the most wonderful thing you've ever seen, even if it's not even finished?

If so, please tell me about it so I don't feel like I've lost whatever was left of my mind.

I haven't yet found 'the' house that I am totally in love with, but there are many that I love. In my mind, I am creating a small village one piece at a time and am so in love with the idea that every box that comes into the house gets assimilated into the dream. And, sincemy village is set in 1910-1915, I want almost every house except for the truely modern. They are/will be decorated to suit the style and income of the occupant(s). So, I am not totally in love with just ONE house yet, but with ALL of my houses (even those I don't have yet) and love trying to make my ideas into reality - and enjoying the twists and turns that journey makes!

I may even start a blog for my town once I get a bit further along and also figure out how to do it!

I think about it all day, dream about it at night and sometimes day, too; I use it like a tv: eat in front of it while my mind is going crazy with ideas.

I love this quote.

Especially the "like a TV" part.

For myself, I would add that I sometimes resemble the character in "Close Encounters of the 3rd kind" - building dollhouses out of mashed potatoes and being pretty obsessed with anything that can be used in a 1/12th setting. Driving the entire family out of their way to visit dollhouse stores,etc.

Not totally "in love",but I was kinda proud of my Spring Fling'09 Vicarage. It was so

neat.Was also the first dollhouse that I finished.I am changing it around a bit but the

exterior neatness is still there. Ha!Hope I improve with each house. Also am working on

a Sugarplum.We'll see... :)

Sometimes I think it would be nice to be like Alice and have a little bottle that says "drink me" and move into one of my dollhouses... especially the Emerson Row that I love with a passion...... So you are not alone in that feeling...

:)

Now that is an unfair question! And my answer is YES. I come creeping down stairs in the middle of the night and sit on my sofa and turn on the lights and just admire my Vinyard so very much. I haul my cat Tigger over and even show it to him. Then I turn it off again, and creep back upstairs.

I love all of my minis.

I'm not ashamed of feeling this way! As old as I am, dollhouses and mininatures have a magic about them.

I was totally besotted with the Buttercup/Hannah Wells House. I'd stand in front of it and go all jello inside. I still feel that way when I look at the pictures. I like my Scottie House, but I loved the H-W.

I just looked at your gallery, and can totally understand why you are in love with that house!

I fell head over heels, puppy dog in love, starry-eyed crazy with my first dollhouse and the magic just gets better and better. It's like a never ending honeymoon. I've never met one that I didn't like and sometimes I miss the ones that have gone to live with other people, but there are some that I love more than others. Fifteen of them to be exact and those are the ones I have on display so I can spend time with them every day. I say goodnight to my Pierce almost every night. I actually celebrate it's birthday every year.

<pausing to look around> What? It's not like I bake it a cake or anything! I just choose that day to celebrate how wonderful it is to have a life with minis in it.

Deb

Hmmm. Good question. I've spent every free moment for the past six months tending to the tiniest dollhouse details while dust bunnies multiply under the real life beds like... well, bunnies. I've posted close to 100 photos of it in my gallery. If I'm not sitting in front of it, I'm thinking about what I'll do when I AM sitting in front of it. Does kinda sound like love, doesn't it?

:)

I wound't say I love my house maybe I am more like an obsessed stalker. . . . I sneak around the corner only to find it IT (Sir Garfeild) Has grown another room. . . .

There's a FINE line between love and obssession, and I can't tell you exactly wich one of those emotions I feel for my houses-likely both! You are definitely not alone in the craziness of the mini world! I am right there with you. Sometimes, my family members have to stop me in mid-sentence, and actually ask:" You talking 'bout the dollhouse, or the real house?" LOL Of course it's generally one of the dollhouses, and they don't even roll their eyes, no more! I do get the occasional remark, however, that "there are no minis allowed in the rubber room!"

lol I am in love with my dollhouses. I joke about it with my husband all the time. After I finished building the Gloucester, I hugged it and whispered to it that soon we would run away together. Since it has legs, it was kind of funny,....lol My husband thought it was hilarious.

Funny that I saw this on the day I felt super-inspired to work on my dollhouse kitchen. And yes, I *love* my Glencroft. :p It was a birthday gift from my partner this past year, AND the first dollhouse I've put together. So it's twice as special. :cheer:

For myself, I would add that I sometimes resemble the character in "Close Encounters of the 3rd kind" - building dollhouses out of mashed potatoes and being pretty obsessed with anything that can be used in a 1/12th setting. Driving the entire family out of their way to visit dollhouse stores,etc.

I cant believe you said that!! I totally feel like Richard Dreyfuss in that movie sometimes,like obsessed and annoying everyone to death! How funny,I think about that movie when Im building all the time:)