Travel doll project is moving along

Elsbeth

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-4286-1261182440_thumb.jpg

Hello Everyone,

Jack and I just wanted to send a quick email to let you know that we have arrived in Washington state! What a trip! The holiday traffic was pretty heavy but we arrived sooner than we expected. Jack was afraid we would get bogged down over the weekend, but here we are!

One sad note was that we had a minor fender-bender, not too serious, but the Vicar broke his arm. We rushed him to the doctor and he will be okay, but he is resting now and didn't feel like going out this evening. We'll let you know later how he's doing.

Well, not much to say right now. Our hostess is letting us use this laptop computer the whole time we are here, so we will try to keep in touch with everyone. I need to send a note to my mother also. She worries about me!

Now that the Vicar is resting well, Jack and I are going over to the Bonsai Bistro for some supper.

Goodnight all, Jack and Emma

post-4286-1261182463_thumb.jpg

First - dollhousediva you take really great pictures!

Second - glad to hear Emma has made it to her next destination. Sorry to hear about the Vicar - sending good thoughts his way!

Third - Is anybody else going to be really sad when this is all over? I am so addicted to Emma pictures at this point!!!

At least we'll all have Christmas with Emma and Co.(sorry about the arm Vicar) I

think everyone will be a little sadder at the end of the trail...but who knows what the future has in strore?? Hmmmmmmm! Meery Christmas,Y'all. :)

Oh, awesome,Im so happy they made it so quickly and safe and sound! Yes, the Vicars arm was laying loose in the box when I first opened it,I thought to myself,'Why has someone put a loose arm in here?" LOL! Then I figured out it was the Vicars. I had forgotten about that.

I just know Emma is going to have a nice Christmas in WA State... even with all of those pesky vampires and werewolves running around;)Cant wait to see more pictures!

So the Vicar's arm was already broken? Oh, well, he's going to get some TLC -- I'm thinking cast, sling, crutch -- something to gain some sympathy! :)

I'm afraid that will definitely postpone the wedding, however.

Poor Vicar. Emma is such a good Mother figure, I'm sure with your help, she can fix him right up, and he will be just fine. As for the wedding plans he can hold the sermon book in his other hand. I too will miss the travel pics when the trips are over, and so will my family.

A quick good morning to all -- must dash out the door to church in a few minutes! Emma and company had a good rest last night. After getting settled in their roomS, Emma and Jack took a walk through the forest and came upon an unusual sight. I'm posting 2 pictures right now -- and hopefully can slow down to start an album for them in my gallery.

post-4286-1261332544_thumb.jpg

Jack and Emma went over to the Federal Manor to meet the new owner, who is in the process of remodeling the house. He said the Vicar and Jack could stay in the upstairs quarters, as it is more complete than the rest of the house. Jack assured him they would not mind the construction mess.

post-4286-1261332568_thumb.jpg

Jack and Emma took a stroll in the evening, through the Northwest woods, and came upon an unusual scene. There was a small country church; and beside it was a Bear Nativity Scene. They stood on the edge, so as not to intrude, and just looked on in awe!

Yes, I'm glad they've arrived safely! I've told some mini friends about Emma's adventures and they were so tickled. I love the picture of Emma and Jack on the laptop. Wherever did you find the little phone? I want one too.

Pam

Yes, I'm glad they've arrived safely! I've told some mini friends about Emma's adventures and they were so tickled. I love the picture of Emma and Jack on the laptop. Wherever did you find the little phone? I want one too.

Pam

Pam, when I knew Emma was coming this way I went shopping! I have a better phone (with the phone lifting out of the base), but wanted a second one for her guest room, and I think I got this either at HBS (miniatures.com) or Manor House Miniatures (.com) - those are my two biggest shopping places. We have no mini stores in the area so I shop online exclusively. I love that laptop! Bought a camera in the same order, but it got hidden behind the laptop on the table. It will show up again later.

Well, I finally got an album up in my Gallery for Emma and her adventures. It is entitled "Miss Emma Goes to Washington" so check it out! After deleting the album FOUR (4) times!!! I quit trying to use the bulk-upload for the photos. Entering them one at a time finally did the trick.

Emma has had some excitement, so go read about her adventures :wave:

Well, Jack and Emma are keeping very busy! And thank goodness for digital cameras, or I would have to order film by the case! (now it's just the batteries by the case!) They played a game of Monopoly this afternoon, then went for another stroll tonight. Wandering through the Northwest woods they came upon some very interesting sights! For awhile they lost Dog, and Emma was quite worried. Jack comforted her.

After awhile Dog returned and they realized he had been on some adventures of his own! Such a busy little fellow!

My truck-driving DH is home for Christmas, has been introduced to Jack and Emma and Dog, and is trying to figure out if I'm still sane or not. But we know that no miniaturist is truly sane :)

Oh, well! I'll try to post more pictures tomorrow. Jack and Emma are dining out at the Bistro tonight. They met up with some old friends and are having a good time.

:wave: MERRY CHRISTMAS!

PS -- does Dog have another name? Did I miss that previously? or is he just called "Dog"? Please correct me if I have it wrong.

Well, wait till you see what he got into while Jack and Emma went to dinner at the Bistro last night! His name might get changed to Naughty Boy! They should never have left him and Ginger alone in the Guest House! :wave: