Travel doll project is moving along

Elsbeth

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It´s so good to see Emma is safely home again surrounded by all her friends. She must be telling stories of all her adventures for days..........

Thanks for the homecoming pictures Elsbeth!

love from Gouda

I remember that Emma spent quite a while as a governess, so that means she is well-educated; and it's obvious she can use a computer to send her emails;

soooooo --

I think Emma should write a book about her world travels :lol:

I would certainly read anything she wrote! :lol:

I remember that Emma spent quite a while as a governess, so that means she is well-educated; and it's obvious she can use a computer to send her emails;

soooooo --

I think Emma should write a book about her world travels :lol:

I would certainly read anything she wrote! :lol:

How cute! Love the book idea. She would have lots of supporting writers to help! It could be "Emma's Adventures" or "Emma's Online Adventures" or "The Greenleaf Travel Log" or something else.

In another group that I'm in, they had a mini cow that traveled around. He went to England, Canada & all over the USA. He just returned home & they posted a video of his travels on You Tube. I thought you would enjoy seeing it. :lol:

Steve in PA

Steve!! THAT IS AWESOME!

The video is great (love the music) - this is very inspiring - makes me want to make a video for Emma's travels, or make one for the next travel project.

This is GREAT!!

What a cute cow, too.

I really liked it. :thumb: A lady in California put it together using the Windows movie maker. I've done a lot of travelers over theyears & that video made this one very unforgettable !

Steve in PA

Too cool! I have Windows Movie Maker, but I've never sat down and actually used it. We could so easily do one of these for Emma. All of the pictures are already on the site, all we would need is a list of city/state/country she visited with the host's name, some google maps, and some music! What fun!

Lol! No, wasn't exactly volunteering, but sure I'll give it a try. Movie Maker doesn't look too complex. Is there a running list of hosts and where they are from? I know I can probably go back and start at post 1 of this thread and find them all. I could copy pics out of everyone's Emma gallery albums and then figure out how long it will be. Any requests for the background music? This could be fun!

It seems pretty easy so far, but I may have questions when I go to add music! Just couting Elsbeth's bon voyage pics and all of Wytchy's pics we're already up to 57 pictures!!!!

The Small World video was over 8 minutes - I wonder how long ours will be?!

Sorry, forgot to add this to my last post -

The songs I heard in the Small World video were:

I've been everywhere - Johnny Cash

Get your kicks on Route 66 - Nat King Cole

Country Roads - John Denver

Holiday Road - Lindsey Buckingham

Texas - Charlie Daniels Band

Now I love "I've been everywhere" and "Holiday Roads," but do you think anyone would mind if we borrowed from their songs?

Or what do you guys think about "Happy Trails" by Roy Rogers?

I think I would limit the pictures to three or four per host. There were quite a few of us, the video would go on and on if you used them all....

You could use living doll by Cliff Richard.. The girl developed quite a character on her travels...... :p

Wow - I just got caught up on this thread and I am so impressed with the energy and skills of you folks!!

As for a wedding, it would be in June if it does indeed happen (one never knows what can happen in a relationship).

I condoned a lengthy engagement. :p

But as Jess said, those could be added later.

And I think Wytchy has a good point about taking 3 per person, plus any super-duper iconic images (the one where Emma is in a pub with the top hat on is stellar!), would keep the length down. We're lucky we have so many awesome photos to choose from.

I love the song ideas.

The video sounds soooo cool!!!

I think I would limit the pictures to three or four per host. There were quite a few of us, the video would go on and on if you used them all....

You could use living doll by Cliff Richard.. The girl developed quite a character on her travels...... B)

Note to self: Take wytchy's advice! Just adding Elsbeth's first 4 pics, and then Wytchy's 53 the video is over 3 minutes long! I'm going to have to go back and limit quite a bit more. I'm working on justmesue's pics and she's got over 70! :p

You could use living doll by Cliff Richard.. The girl developed quite a character on her travels...... :p

She did become her own little person along the way, didn't she? Such fun!

GUILTY! Because I was the last hostess, and had her longer than most people (Jenn was out of town for the Holidays), besides being over Christmas and New Years, I posted 80 pictures plus story line. B) I'm not confessing to how many pictures I actually took. Let's just say I'm glad we're in the digital-picture age! :p