Travel doll project is moving along

Elsbeth

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emma and Jack will be leaving us soon so I wanted to have a group portrait made so that Emma would have something to take home with her to remember us by. Since she was visiting an old west saloon the potrait had to be one of those old-timey looking sepia ones.

100_3763.JPG

pic%20crop.jpg

We're going to miss Emma so much when she leaves!

Suzanne I think it may be Texas next? I need to email Elsbeth to find out for sure.

Also Suzanne the little "frame" that I used was actually one of those necklase pendants that they sell at Michael's. I just broke the tab off of the top so it looks like a mini frame instead. I was lucky and found a whole set of pendants and earrings that were the perfect size for frames and I bought every one I could find. And I just used the software on my computer to turn the picture into sepia. Now the resizing was the hard part, it took me a couple of tries to get it right and make everything look proportional. Then I used the little picture that had been in the center of pendant and traced around it to make the portrait fit in the frame.

I love the sepia tone photo!!

And I love the pic of your dog with Emma!

Ok - next up is Llyn M. - once we get confirmed that Emma has a place to stay in Texas, I will contact you with the details, BeyondB.

Loving the photos!

Just wanted to let you guys know that Emma and Jack left today. We were sorry to see them go, but I know they were eager to continue their journey. I pm'd the shipping info to Elsbeth.

And I wanted to say thanks to everyone for making this travel doll project so much fun. I really enjoyed taking the pictures of Emma and sharing them with all of you. And just maybe by the time the next traveling doll comes along I'll have a finished dollhoue for him/her to stay in!

Oh so happy to hear they have arrived!! I get as worried about her/them in transit, as I would a beloved family friend/member. Emma will always be special to us here, and her fiance is too.. They are welcome back here anytime. Eagerly awaiting pics of them in Texas...

I'm glad to hear that the happy couple arrived as well. This travel doll project has been so much fun that I almost wish we had some sort of mini exchange group or something. I loved taking the pictures of Emma, but making minis to send (and recieving them as well!) is such a treat!

Can't wait for pics of Emma and Jack in Texas!

So much fun to catch up on Emma's travels, and now with her new traveling companion! I've been working long hours and haven't been able to get onto the Forum for awhile. Glad to hear they arrived in Texas safely, and hopefully they won't catch Swine Flu with all their travels. Those airports / post offices can be germy! :ohyeah:

Here are a few pictures of Emma and Jack in Texas....if I do this right this should be a group picture from Sat.night with Vicar Hawthyn,the Lovey family,Emma and Jack.So

far so good everybody's still smiling!!More pix in Gallery!! :ohyeah:

post-3636-1256687729_thumb.jpg

Believe it or not we're having another very windy/off-and-on-rainy day here in Texas.

I guess the drought is over!!! Have uploaded more Emma and Jack pictures....This time it only took aprox 15 minutes....God, I'm good!! LOL! :ohyeah:

post-3636-1256833071_thumb.jpg