Travel doll project is moving along

Elsbeth

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Emma is having fun in Washington. I used to live in Seattle so I know how great the Pacific Northwest is. However, if Emma is planning another trip in the future and would like to visit Washington DC I'd jump on the chance to show her the capitol.

Yes, they will definitely want a honeymoon! They are getting some quality time together these days. In a couple days they will do some sightseeing around the Metropolis of Allyn :p but for now they are enjoying quiet days together -- playing board games, strolling through the woods, and dining in the Bistro with friends. And Dog is not always along as a chaperone! He went off on his own adventures recently. He was . . .

Oh well, pictures and story line are in my gallery :p

Had some busy days lately! Work is slowly progressing on my new work-cottage. DH left yesterday for a new job in NE (not sure how often he will get home!), and when I finally had time to take more pictures of Emma, the WA rain returned B)

However, there are quite a few pictures in the Gallery, and here's one more so folks don't go into Emma Withdrawal :)

Jack and the Vicar lingered over their coffee in the Garden Bistro, so Emma went back to the Guest House by herself. She settled down with her laptop to catch up on her travel journal and to send a few emails to folks back home in Greenleaf.

post-4286-1262198276_thumb.jpg

So what exactly did Jack give Emma for Christmas and vice versa?

Was Emma a governess or teacher before leaving on this adventure? What was Jack's profession before joining the adventure? Will they go back to their normal careers again - or perhaps the question is, will they be able to be "normal" again? Has fame distorted their reality?

With all the media attention, trials of travels, lack of privacy, not to mention sheer sensory overload from all the varied activities and sightseeing, I think this sweet couple will need some down time to acclimate to home again and focus on real life and jobs and such before launching into a wedding and family. Hope they can get their feet back on the ground again. I can't imagine how they must be feeling - excited and happy of course, but overwhelmed I would think.

This has been a fun story and adventure but does make me wonder how our dear little Molly's turned out? Hope her story ended with something as sweet and wonderful as Emma and Jack's has.

Good luck and journey mercies on the last leg of your journey Emma and Jack !!!

Jack and Emma are at a New Year's Eve party right now, so there isn't a lot to tell tonight. The Bistro set up a great buffet, moved the tables to the edges, and cleared the floor for dancing. The renowned cook, Tillie Tilson, personally brought in her famous pecan pie. I did notice that Jack had ordered champagne delivered to their table.

Maybe I shouldn't be telling this yet, but they went for a drive yesterday, when the weather finally cleared, and stopped in at our little Historic Church of Allyn. Jack is planning to go back and take pictures -- not sure why he was looking at it!

Happy New Year folks -- from jack and Emma

That is an adorable photo of Emma sending email, btw.

I love softly lit vignettes like that.

I am getting caught up on all the happenings - and there are two questions I can give quick answers to:

Checkmouse - Emma is an Erna Meyer doll. I think they are marvelous little dolls. I've gathered mine off ebay and from going out of business sales at shops I wish were still around.

Selkie - Emma was purchased originally to be a governess and was indeed the governess of more than one family, but she wanted to travel - so I sent her on a journey.

Plus, she is more durable than my fragile dolls (who would also like to travel, but can't)...so she was a perfect ambassador.

yes, I saw the tag in Emma's skirt after I posted that question! I'm wondering if my "Aunt Clara" doll (in the early pictures I posted with Emma) is the same kind. I bought her about 16 years ago, because she looked so much like the picture I had of my aunt. I gave that roombox to my cousin (this is a great-great-aunt whose son was in his 70's at the time) as a birthday gift and after he died I got it back. So she has been sitting there for a long time. Then I moved her to include Emma, and realized she is very like Emma in her flexibility. Legs and shoes look the same, but the face is not cloth. But I took her original skirt off, since I needed a longer one for the setting. Anyway, I'm thinking she has been in isolation long enough!

Well, Emma, Jack, Dog, Dog's friend, Ginger, the Vicar, their old friends Blanche and Ernie, their new friends, the Thackers -- the party keeps growing -- but they have all been VERY busy over the holidays.

I'm glad Emma has that laptop -- helps keep track of things! I'm posting pictures tonight -- then I'll let you in on a little secret.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_toys-and...in=Erna%20Meyer Those interested in the Erna Meyer dolls, this link is to Amazon, a whole page of them. I so would love to get the young girl for $54.99 but not right now. But, there are babies there too !!!!!!!! Or am I putting the cart before the horse? Blessings, Linda P.

These journeys are quite exciting! Did Emma get her ring for Christmas? Any future plans been mentioned yet? Oh these secrets are killing me!

Well, I don't think Jack got her a ring yet, but he's definitely buying jewelry! And they insisted on going to that Wedding Expo in Tacoma . . .

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_toys-and...in=Erna%20Meyer Those interested in the Erna Meyer dolls, this link is to Amazon, a whole page of them. I so would love to get the young girl for $54.99 but not right now. But, there are babies there too !!!!!!!! Or am I putting the cart before the horse? Blessings, Linda P.

Thanks for the link Linda! I love the little blonde baby on the blanket! Guess I'm going to have to start saving up my amazon gift certficates! I still would adore finding a doll that looked like Emma - even if she had different clothes. I am in love with her beautiful hair and face!

I can't stop searching now - Linda I found a few more links to share!

This site sells them as collections - they're $300+ each, but hey I can dream right?! You'll have to click to enlarge the picture to see them better.

Erna Meyer Parents and Grandparents Collection

http://www.nmctoys.com/nc31311tonc31342.html

Erna Meyer Children Collection <- These are too cute! Especially the little girl in the leg warmers. I can imagine doing a summer camp scene with a boys cabin and a girls cabin and bunk beds - or maybe even a school bus? I think I saw one somewhere...

http://www.nmctoys.com/nc31350tonc31403.html

Erna Meyer Lord and Lady Collection

http://www.nmctoys.com/nc31410tonc31460.html

Erna Meyer Lord and Lady Biedermeier set

http://www.nmctoys.com/nc31474tonc31541.html

Still none that remind me of our lovely Emma, but all very beautiful dolls!

Yes - pricing is really out of control for the Erna Meyer dolls within the US.

They seem a lot cheaper overseas.

I've gotten very lucky on ebay - but also, I got a lot my dolls years ago when it seemed cheaper.

They are very nice dolls - but $300 for a set (a set that doesn't have enough dolls in it, imo) is a lot!!

But I'd love to have a big collection - with children and aunts and uncles and grandparents and servants - it would be fun.

Vacation is over and Emma and company are hitting the road tomorrow. :lol:

Just posted the last 6 pictures --it's going to be quiet around here with them gone. I'll have to go check out those Erna Meyer links! My bistro needs more people.

:p They are gone! :o

Jack, Emma, Dog, and the Vicar started their return journey this afternoon. Jack really wasn't convinced he could get all their stuff packed up this time, but he did a good job. I'm happy to report that although his arm is still in a sling, the Vicar is feeling much better. He had a chance to get some good rest in his room at the Federal Manor so he was able to travel. He enjoyed his time of quiet meditation.

Now it's up to Emma's "Mother" a.k.a. Elsbeth, to keep us informed of their future plans.

Bon Voyage, Dear Emma! P.S. Dog wasn't at all happy that his new friend, Ginger, wasn't traveling with them!