Hello, Everybody

Hello -- I'm so glad I found this website, bless Google's little Mini heart :rolleyes:

I have been fascinated with miniatures since childhood, and was well into adulthood before I realized it was a recognized hobby and I didn't have to hide my weirdness! (We all know miniaturists think WAY outside the box!)

I've never had the joy of making a real dollhouse; but have made many roomboxes, TeaCup Scenes, a bookcase dollhouse, and am now working on a "house" set in my garden window. That's really outside the "box" -- since it is all set in glass. Lots of interesting challenges!

Allyn Washington is my home town (after moving around most of my life!) and if anyone actually knows where that is I would love to hear from you!

Looking forward to learning a lot from all of you --

Hi Claudia, welcome to the community! :whistle: Do you have pics of your miniature settings? You can open your own album after making 5 posts - we'd all love to see the creative work you've done! :groucho:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Claudia & (belated) welcome to the forum! I'm in Poulsbo and work in Bremerton. Good to see another miniaturist nearby! Have you been to The Dollhouse Cottage in Kirkland or Dolly's Dollhouse in Seattle? Both are great places to visit.

Hi Lisa -- nice to see someone closer to home! No I haven't been to either of those places. I head to Seattle for work and otherwise avoid it. I went to a Miniature Show over in Seattle a few years ago. Lots of fun!

Thanks for your note :)