Spring Fling 2009

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just at hallmark.com. <hands on hips> Do you know that they don't have a "Happy Spring Fling Announcement Day" card???? Hmmpf. I feel like we're being overlooked. They're supposed to have a card for every occasion and yet they're missing the biggest event of the year!!

Deb

spring-fling-frog.gif

Happy Spring Fling 2009!!!

That is the perfect card, Heidi :p

I swore I wasn't gonna get into the Fling Thing this year, but as soon as I saw it, it spoke...like that should come as a big surprise to me :p:hmm:

Oh well, just have to tell DH that one more mini "thing" will be moving in....he'll be sooo thrilled :lol:

WTG Dean and Greenleaf - what a great little building!!

Thank you. I saw the Frog and I thought THAT was the perfect card that Hallmark refused to make. It just screams Greenleaf.. get it..Green..Frog. Makes you want to get your kit and start working on it huh?

You could also shingle the roof! The reason DH got inspired to design me patterns for making a mini of our RL house is that it is already a round shape!

Mmmmm, you are giving me more ideas here Holly (especially since I have those lovley shingles left over from the LE Arthur build...)

And you know what? Tomorrow is Friday the 20th, means Spring has sprung and we are all ready for a fling :console:

Hugs

I am keeping the roof as is...A hint? Possibly. Will it give you any idea as to what I am doing..Nah!

I have a major list of things to find and/or make. I want to wait until I get the kit first so I know the dimensions. I have a list, I have pics on the computer for reference. I am prepared.

Okay... okay... FINALLY - 24 hours later I have my idea... Just spent a half hour tossing ideas back and forth with my dad and this one definitely fits me best. And I won't even have to bash it to kingdom come (is that how you spell that term??)

But I can't shake the feeling that this theme will be pretty common...

Wouldn't it make a cute fast food restaurant? Or a motel. I'm not entering, I need to get started on that Pierce next, but anyone is welcome to try any ideas I throw out here.

Surf shop

Radio Shack (for some reason it puts me in mind of Grandpa's old table model radio)

Shoe shop

Fire station

Beach house

Art Deco house

And by no means least, the Frank Loyd Wright-designed art gallery off Union Square in San Francisco

Those are Great ones Holly!! Here are a few too. I am not Participating either:

Things I thought of if I were gonna participate:

Antique Shop

Hot Dog Stop

Junk Yard Bungalow

Fairy Tale themes:

Little Bo Peep

Little lady in the shoe

Make it the crooked house with the crooked man and the crooked mouse

Old mother hubbard

:blink:

Oooh they are some good ideas guys. I will add little Bo Peep to my list of one-day-projects.

I am afraid my idea will be a common one too, but will do it anyway as it is a project I've been wanting to do for some time.