Spring Fling 2009

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tracy,

I just tried that and when I click on the tracking package link I get URL not found

I was getting that too, but if you copy and paste that long number into the tracking info box at usps.com, it may tell you something. Mine arrived yesterday afternoon, and then showed up as delivered last night, after they updated the website. Up until then, it hadn'tbeen scanned. Good luck!

this is frustrating, I ordered the plain roof and was thinking of placing a second order, one for the wooden roof, but I still haven't received my first order yet. I did contact Greenleaf and I guess my order was sent out on the 24th, but I'm still getting that URL not found when I try to track it. I hope it comes soon, I need all the time I can get.... <_<

Amy,

The same thing happened to me. Mine was mailed on the 20th and as of yesterday morning, I was really starting to worry. It did get here yesterday afternoon. With delivery confirmation, the post office is just confirming when it arrives, so they don't always scan it each step of the way like with tracking. Sometimes they do, but not this time for me. Our mail has been slow lately, and since this was Parcel Post, well that's really slow around here. If I order something Parcel Post, it usually takes as long if not longer than Media Mail. But, that might just be a local issue. I hope you get yours today! It does go together very quickly, if that helps!

With delivery confirmation, the post office is just confirming when it arrives, so they don't always scan it each step of the way like with tracking.
They stopped doing that about 3 years ago if you drop off packages that already have the label printed for them. I pre-print my labels too and the only ones that show all of the tracking info (from the beginning to the end) is when I stand in line and have them create the label & pay for postage at the post office. Most businesses pre-print their labels. I know I do cause I just can't stand in line that long (I live in an area with a small town post office but we have a population boom so the lines are Crazy). :)

I am not sure why you are not seeing the tracking info when you log in. While talking about the USPS, did you know the US Post Office is talking about they may have to file bankruptcy and they are talking about cutting out Saturday Deliveries? :) The mail delivery will really be crazy if they do that. I know I send Priority packages which they advertise will make it to the recipient in 3 business days.... I will say only 70% of my priority packages arrive in that time frame. They do NOT guarantee Priority Packages any more either.

Any way, Greenleaf send them via USPS to help cut the cost and I, for one, I am so appreciative of this because shipping can sometimes determine if I can purchase an item or not. ;) I always try and figure out the shipping BEFORE I buy anything cause things are tight for a lot of us!! :) My Girls got their kit yesterday and they are planning to enter the contest. They may enter together doing one project though :) I can't tell any details though ;)

Any way, Greenleaf send them via USPS to help cut the cost and I, for one, I am so appreciative of this because shipping can sometimes determine if I can purchase an item or not. ;) I always try and figure out the shipping BEFORE I buy anything cause things are tight for a lot of us!!

So true, Tracy! I was getting worried about my order yesterday, (really, it was probably just impatience making me feel worried) but I am so grateful to Greenleaf for keeping costs down. I'm sure they haven't made any extra money when you consider the free shipping, and the discount on the kits!

Thanks Dean!

I opened my front door yesterday and it fell in on me. I was so happy to see it. It is a flat box so it fits between the screen door and exterior door. I have mine in dry fit right now. My DH has actually come up with a good idea and more doable then the one I had. I don't think that I would have the time to get my idea off the finished.

Do not despair. You order will come and you will have plenty of time to play with it. Dean must have had an overwhelming response to the contest and he is buried underneath a pile of these kits from the avalanche...

Dean, I will send my chihuahua to dig you out..She will not have any booze hanging from her neck though...too heavy.

mlyn209l.jpg

:) too funny Heidi!! I'm sure Dean & Co. are swamped - I would send my pooch to help, but I fear he would be much more trouble than help :) , but I'd be more than happy to send DH and DS - they drive me crazier than the pooch :)

Hope my kit "falls on me" tomorrow - but I am keeping busy making little things for it so I will be good to go when it arrives. Now that my work area is a total mess again ;) , it should show up any time. How could I possibly think I could work in an "organized area"? silly me..

thanks everyone. I know that I will get it eventually, but I was so hoping to have it by now. It's really starting to get me down about this whole thing. At first I couldn't think of anything to do and than I got a idea, and started buying some of the little things that I would need for it. But no kit. It's just frustrating.

Congrats to all who have their kits already - hang in there, to those who don't have theirs yet!

I know exactly what I'm doing - and my kit is happy about it, too. Yay!!

Now, I just have to plan my time properly, to be able to pull it off. :thumb:

Got mine all "punched out"...and I think she decided what she wants to be....I really liked the first idea, had 90% of the materials here at home....but she said no, she likes this idea better! It will be a real challenge too...will have to do a little more research....

Hang in there...it will get there soon :thumb:

Got mine all "punched out"...and I think she decided what she wants to be....I really liked the first idea, had 90% of the materials here at home....but she said no, she likes this idea better! It will be a real challenge too...will have to do a little more research....

Hang in there...it will get there soon :)

these kits are very bossy!!! :)

still waiting on mine, this is getting depressing.

Amy, why don't you PM Dean? Don't feel down - it will come, and you will be so happy with it. :) I love mine! If you keep busy with making/buying little things that fit with what you plan to do with it - before you know it, that little kit will be knocking on your door! (My fingers are crossed that it will be tomorrow.)

I ordered two on Friday the 20th. I still haven't received them. There was an error about payment for one. They didn't realize they had it. One was sent the 20th and one the 24th. I haven't received either one as yet. :):)

I know it is so hard waiting - but if it any consolation at all, these kits really do go together very quickly - and for someone as "building challenged" as I am - it should be a breeze for seasoned builders. I did not even have to ask DH to fix any of my building screw ups on this one :) ...yet, anyway :):)