HI everyone

froggirl

Hi my name is Jessica, My mom bought a the pierce kit at least 15 years ago to work on with my dad as a bonding project. They got the house put up on its platform. Then my mom got sick. She passed away in August and I decided that I was going to finish the house as a tribute to my mom. An tips to making it look awesome would be appriciated. Thanks for any help you can give.

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Wow, what a wonderful tribute that will be. Your Dad should be very proud of you.

There are lots of Pierce owners here, if you try the search feature at the top of the page I'd bet you could find more Pierce advice (and wonderful pictures) than you ever imagined. You've come to the right place!

Welcome, Jessica.

I have yet to start my first dollhouse, but I bet if you do a search in the member's gallery, you'll find lots of pictures of the Pierce.

With so many people, that have built the Pierce surely many can help you out if you encounter a problem.

What a heartwarming thought to make a tribute for your mother. My condolence on your loss.

Hi Jessica - welcome to the group! :(

I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother ... you will feel close to her as you build the dollhouse, I'm sure. This hobby/passion is very therapeutic - plus the members here are most helpful and supportive. I know you will have a wonderful time. :lol:

Welcome to the neighborhood! :)

I'm rehabbing a Pierce (check out my Pierce gallery).

I'm also making the DC Farmhouse for my niece for Christmas and bashing it to look like the house my Mom built (she only lived in it 3 months before she died of cancer) Jalaire was born 8 months later (day after Mom's birthday) , got her grandmas initials and my middle name. I thought it would be a special heirloom for her to pass down to her kids someday. I'm going to decorate it the way Mom would have if she had had the time and money!

Hi and welcome to the forum. I haven't built a pierce yet...though it is one on my wishlist :nana: Have any specific questions I'm sure someone here can help. And remember that the only DUMB question is one that hasn't be asked!

• 2 weeks later...

Jessica, what a wonderful thing to do in memory of your Mother. Here is my webshots album of my doing the Pierce. For every picture, there is a caption underneath the picture explaining or telling what I did that particular day: 2833160210037881673vQJTxZ_th.jpg

Welcome to the neighborhood :lol: