Greetings from north Delaware

Hello, all!

I've been a reader here for a couple of years (couldn't have electrified our first large project without the tutorials and forums here!).

I finally realized how much I'm missing by not making time to participate, so I'm looking forward to becoming much more active here. I'm a designer by day, an addicted miniaturist by night, along with my daughter, whose enthusiasm for making things so tiny that my reading glasses need reading glasses, never seems to wane.

Stop by my About page for a bit more; in the meantime, I'll be seeing you!

—Kelly

Wowowow, thank you, all!

Corwin, I spent... way too long... reading all 14 pages of your "what can you do with..." post today. Just thought I'd let you know it's a hoot! Coming from the blog world, where we're very happy with a 20–40 comment post, a post that goes on for months like that is the funniest thing ever!

...a post that goes on for months like that is the funniest thing ever!
Actually we often go back and pull topics forward when adding more content, rather than starting a new topic, so that all the posts are together & the originals don't get lost.

Lynette, thanks!

Holly,

(Another early riser!) As I said in my intro I've read here for quite a while, but I usually dip in, search for XYZ that I want to know about, and dip back out. That particular post became almost like reading a story yesterday—a story I couldn't put down!

I own a lot of books on minis and it made me think, nobody's ever done one from that angle. It would be cool to see it turned into a book. 1,001 MINI things to do with 1,001 things... :welcome:

I own a lot of books on minis and it made me think, nobody's ever done one from that angle. It would be cool to see it turned into a book. 1,001 MINI things to do with 1,001 things...
You must not own any of Patricia King's books, then! She is the Rani of Recycling!

Thanks again, all this welcoming makes de-lurking easy. :)

I've put up my first album, the dollhouse that got me re-obsessed after many years away from minis. Hadn't touched them since I was a teenager, but I doubt I'll ever put down the magnifying glass again. I don't know if starting a post to say "come take a look" is appropriate—don't want to be too pushy as a newbie—so since you all are making me feel so comfortable here in my intro, I thought I'd say do come by and have a look!

I've been dying to get all our photos out. Starting to sell my work has energized me to organize things, at least miniature things, so I'm dusting off the jpgs of our personal minis for the forum. (Now I know what to say when friends ask if they can see photos of what we're working on—c'mon over to Greenleaf!) Hopefully I'll start a few more albums in the weeks to come.

My little person had such fun with it. She has done a little bit of real bricklaying and she swears that going to be her first summer job in high school (better than my first job), so I never argue when she wants to try it in miniature. A lot less sweat there!

Since she was a very little girl she's wanted to be an architect, and the houses, shops, roomboxes we've built over the past couple of years have only made that itch worse. Or is it better?

For me, minis stop the itch. I'm pretty creative by day, but not really free and artistic. In mini, except when my little project manager is dictating, ho ho, it's all artistry. I love that.

And it doesn't take up much space. :)

Hi Kelly - I was a lurker at first ... then it became a little lonely to be on the outside looking in ... and you know how it goes! :p

Love the pics of the reno. Your daughter seems to have a vision - and quite a lot of determination. Does she get that from you?