New From Connecticut

susanklein

Hello! I found this forum as I was registering for the dollhouse kit contest from Dollhouse Miniatures. I look forward to checking it all out in the coming days (years!). I have one fully-built dollhouse - spending all my spare dollars on various items to decorate (I love ebay!). But since I finished that I have discovered more and more DIY ways and so have gone on to several room boxes. I cajole my husband into making the boxes, and I decorate. I like to make everything - from the wall hangings to the furniture to the dolls - myself. I use books or invent when I need to. My latest project is a four-room hanging box that I hope to even make the lamps for. I have it wired, I just have to figure out what and where! I plan to take my time on this one for sure.

Kind of a funny hobby for a mother of twin boys, but hopefully some day I will have some granddaughters! That will be a while, though, since my boys are 13. But I was delighted to find this forum since I am always looking for ideas.

Susan

Well here's a big welcome to the forum family, Susan, from another DIY-er! When you've made a total of five posts you can share pictures of all your creations with us in the Gallery.

Which house have you built? I admire your discipline in being able to confine yourself to just one house. I started out that way...

Thank you, all! And it is nice to know that there are some Connecticut mini-people out there. Where I am, I haven't been able to find any connections.

And so you know, yes, I only have one doll house but I have made ten roomboxes! I also have two dollhouse kits up in my closet waiting for the time to get to them. Those might be waiting for a granddaughter ... I have only been working with miniatures about two years or so, but they have certainly taken over my life! Or so my husband tells me.

I look forward to checking out all the various topics here - thanks for your welcomes!

Susan

• 1 month later...