Hello from Canada

Well, since I just won my first Dollhouse on e-bay, I figured I would come on over and introduce myself. My name is Maya, I'm 23 years old, and I'm from Canada. I'm pretty new to all this Miniature stuff, so bear with me, lol.

I had a dollhouse when I was young, one that my Mom bought for me from a local Craft sale. I used it forever, and refused to sell it when we moved houses about 5 years ago. I've recently brought it up from the basement and do hope to someday work on it some more. It's not a prefect scale size, and seems a bit small, so I figured I would be better off starting something much smaller and easier to do.

So, I just won an auction for the Tiffani House, which I think might be from Greenleaf, but I'm not sure. I figure it's small, so even if I hate doing Miniatures, I won't have wasted too much money. And if I love it (which I'm sure I will) then I'll have a nice smaller house to work on before investing in something larger. I have an aspiration to own a Harrison one day soon; something about it just makes me wanna buy one right now!

So, yeah, just thought i would come and introduce myself!

Hello and :p to the group! Glad to have you with us. I'll agree with Corwin...it is a VERY addictive hobby :p but so worth it.

Hope you can share pictures of your build with us...we crave eye-candy here :doh: . After you make 5 posts, you can start a gallery of pictures.

Happy building!!

Chris

Welcome, Maya, to the "little" family here. If you love your dollhouse I don''t see how you could hate minis (!), and if you have any questions about the building or rehabbing processes that you can't find answers with the "Search" feature, ask away!

hello and welcome :p

I'm sure you will love doing your new house...yes it is addictive i'm up to my 5th house in just over a year :p

5 posts and you can start your gallery of each step of your build :doh:

looking forward to the eyecandy and do ask lots of questions....someone will know the answer :)

Linda

Hi Maya :D ! And Welcome to the forum :p . Your doll house sounds wonderful! I too havr my childhood dollhouse--it IS the Harrison. I started to decorate the interior last summer after the exterior was finished. I don't think I will ever be done. I have also done the Orchid (it actually sits on top of my Harrison which is on a new turntable base that adds a basement to the already huge mansion) It is amazing to see just how enormous the Harrison actually is and how big the rooms are! "Harry" is posted in my gallery which I haven't updated forever because I need my husband's help (I am a computer idiot), but I have actually divided up the attic since the pix were taken and plan on adding a butler's pantry room to the sprawling kitchen. I think that will actually give me 15 rooms including my basement/game room addition.