Hello :]

Rawr

Hi, my name is Lizz, and I'm working on my first build. I'm working on a Dura-Craft FH 505 Farmhouse. I've heard it's a real challenge, but it'll be fun. I joined yesterday, being April 20th, and I look forward to using this site like a dictionary, so I can get help. The house has been sitting forever, now I get to build it. I've taken up hobbies interactive like this before, but never this detailed. :]

-Lizz

Hi Lizz .. and :) to the forum! It sounds as if you now have the instructions for the farmhouse and are ready to roll. It may appear to be overwhelming in the box, but look at it as one step at a time and you'll be surprised how quickly you see results.

Where do you live in Missouri? I'm in Marshall, and Nuttiwebgal is in Carthage. Have you been to the Toy and Miniature Museum in KC? It's a wonderful place to go for inspiration. :p

Welcome to the "little" family, Lizz. As our Tracy says, "by the yard, it's hard, but by the inch, it's a cinch". The journey of 10,000 miles begine with a single step. I came to mini-making & dh building in my 50s and I've been at it a year or two (I'm 66+) and still learning all the time.

Hi, there! Yes, it looks like you've taken on a big challenge with your build! Good luck! Remember this, too -- it doesn't have to be done all at once..or even over several weeks...months...years...

Take as long as you need, be as careful and you want to be, and you'll have fun along with the work. Nobody is timing you, or grading you -- it's your house..have fun with it!

And welcome to the forum!

• 3 weeks later...