What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Heidi, I had the first deep cleaning done half and half (left and right); I'm glad I didn't have to put up with it four times!

Jeremy, I think a website with your own name for the url is a good idea if you want folks to identify your name with your product. You do such great work that you ought to get credit for it. :)

Mouth on the upper left side feels good today! It does not hurt to chew on that side. I am hoping I have as much success on the rest of my mouth. I am going to clean today. It is cool but the sun is out. The tree dude is here so I have alot to be happy about!

I finished the fifth afghan and now hunting a box to mail them in, along with some lagniappe.

I made & installed the pigeonhole in the bookcase/desk and put on the drawer front; next is to sand the drawer to fit its space and make the books to go on the shelves.

While we were gone the Buddhist folks came out and finished repainting the stupa, gilding the spire & ball.

trying to get back to mini-ing after some rough months. Just got over a second bout of acute bronchitis and sinusitis over the past 6 months, but afraid it might be headed back. I've had no energy to spare. Today's mini club garage sale gave me a little nudge. I've done some knitting. My drawing has fallen by the wayside as well, so I'm beginning to tinker with that too.

I went shopping! I picked up some new paint colors in trendy shades, and some scrapbook paper to use as wallpaper and flooring. Michael's had some wool yarn on clearance, 223 yards for $1.99. I bought three skeins in a heathered pink.

Now I am dollhousing and fixing up the Victorianna's kitchen. I'm thinking I will end up making all the cabinets and appliances for that room because I haven't found anything that said "Buy Me". I did find a table and chairs kit that is just what I want. I'll probably order that today.

We took the kayaks and bag of boat gear and headed off to St Mark's National Wildlife Refuge and spent the late AM/ early afternoon paddling one of the ponds and watching the red-winged blackbirds, egrets and alligators while we picnicked along the levee. We saw a few mullet jumping, and the folks who were fishing where we launched from had caught one.

We went Ikea shopping after work today and got a few bits for the wedding - jugs, serving bowls, napkins, that sort of thing. Also picked up a book shelf - was greatly reduced. A bit damaged and the wrong colour for the rest of our stuff, but couldn't pass it up at that price and it will do the job of a shelf!

Got our table posters printed - movie poster on the front, movie quiz on the back with answers on another table to encourage interaction.

This evening we're making our favours up, little chewey elephant sweets in little bags.

Tomorrow we're going to a large car boot/antiques fair with the hope of finding some material from the people there that bring a van full of fabric rolls. And hopefully getting some roses from the garden centre.

Monday gotta pick up hankerchiefs from sister and hopefully the sewing machine to make bunting.

Busy busy! 2 weeks today!

The rain has stopped (for a few hours, more due later today). I need to get outside and plant all of the flowers I bought last weekend while there's a chance! Will work on the Fling later in the day.

I guess we got some of your rain. I spent the AM reducing furniture patterns from 1:12 to 1:24 to make up for the Fairfields, and I'm deciding where I want to do baseboards, and painting same.

Wasn't quick enough to get outside. The plants are still in their pots. At least they're well watered.

I did spend several hours working on the Fling.

BF brought work for the weekend before his trip to Germany with his family (gone for three weeks). Since he needed some quiet time, been working on the Rye and finishing up the wallpaper for both the kitchen and living area.

Though now I'm stuck with two dilemmas:

- In the living area, should I attempt to make custom millwork (such as panels and beams) to enhance the walls? Or just cop out and do maybe the top half of the wall a solid color, the bottom half with a solid white color, and a chair rail in the middle? I want the Rye's living area to have the feel of a Craftsman style home. This is what I had in mind (http://www.craftsmandesign.com/portfolio/int-renovations/1903Bungalow/Glassman_int1.jpg), except the walls are a soft sage green color (to complement the dark walnut floors).

- In the kitchen, I haven't installed a stairwell yet. The Rye's stair opening will only accomodate a stairwell that's 2" wide. Earth and Tree has a staircase kit that will fit but it's $30. I scratch-built a staircase but wasn't too crazy about it -- it's cutting too close to the kitchen doorway to the living area. Plus, if i install the stairs, I don't have much room to decorate the kitchen.

*sigh* So many decisions....

Soooo close to finishing the old house for the showing tomorrow, which will be great, I am tired of prepping and cleaning and so ready to let go of it so please keep your fingers crossed that there is someone interested enough tomorrow night...

Hugs

Crossing my fingers & toes, too, for you, Anna.

I finished tufting the 1:24 single bed mattresses and started crocheting blankets for them. I have also cut out & begun upholstering three 1:24 bedroom chairs.

Working on the roof for the quarter scale Old English Cottage. Lots of sanding so that it gets that sort of drooping look of very old houses. Finished all the wall papering and repairing of the spackle that got damaged while I worked on the shell. Trying to figure out how one applies the Gallery Glass to the windows without them sticking to the paper they are laid out on. Any tips?

Am trying to get it finished before I go into the hospital on Friday for what I hope will be the final surgery to remove the remaining oil from my eye. Keep your fingers crossed for me that there will be good vision remaining when all is said and done.

...how one applies the Gallery Glass to the windows without them sticking to the paper they are laid out on...
I laid mine on waxed paper, but I was painting on the "glass" and it was facing up, so no sticking problem...

Happy Tuesday all!

Fred has the day off today. That means I have some protein product (pork chops) marinating in the fridge for dinner. We steam cleaned the carpets yesterday. Today is my lazy day. I have to write up the MoM article and cook.

LOL

I am thinking of making a nice pie for my Fridays Ladies Night. They both do not like fruit pies. So I have to move into the cream pie area. I was thinking maybe coconut cream. Is it very hard? I have never made it.

Oh..maybe Boston cream. I have not made that one either but I used to love it as a kid!

I had to cancel (and reschedule for next week) my 2nd tooth scaling. I just did not have extra cash to pay the deductible. This has been an expensive month so far.

The dogs are doing well. Perla and Lu are being nice. Perl will show some sides of jealously but she would not be the Queen if she did not do that. Lu does this cute/funny dance when she wants to get attention.

She also stamps her feet when she wants to go outside. I figured it out one day when I took her for a walk. After she did her business, she stomped her feet. LOL

Everyone else is doing fine.

I am just rolling along waiting for my Muse to re-appear. I know that it is not me not liking dollhouses and minis anymore. Because i love to look at them. I just cant get over the hump of working on them.

I have had so much on my plate this past year that I think I knocked something loose. LOL

Oh..and the garden it doing good. My back is wonderful and I am able to do all sorts of things. Even my neighbors are remarking to me. You are bending over! The yard is coming together! Yippee!

They know I hated not being able to do it for so long.

It is raining today. I may put my ducks on and walk to the community garden. Check my plants and then walk back. I am not made of sugar! and I need the exercise.

I worked outside pruning until my back yelled "UNCLE!", three times; so now I'm inside fixing dinner for lunch (meatloaf, greenbeans & sliced baguette with olive oil). The electrician just left. When it rained Sunday we had a lightning strike nearby and our phone was out for hours. Today it just went out all by itself, which it has been known to do; but we had a dial tone where the line comes to the house, so when the electrician came he found that the problem was in the box under the house, where all the lines come into the house; it was totally kaput, but it was only 40+ years old (whenever our house was originally built). DH had them fix a couple of other problems that we'd been nursing along.

It keeps clouding up and we're supposed to have rain tonight, but clearing tomorrow AM (I hope so, I have a pacemaker follow=up in the AM and not in the mood to go in to Tallahassee when it's raining; I swear that rain brings out all the scary drivers!)

The added fingers crossed must have helped as about an hour and a half or so after the showing we have a first bid, so that is soooo good. Doing a happy, happy dance whilst sitting and am about to hit the TV sofa and veg out there for a while, am soooo "off" right now, feels like I have been doing nothing but the prep work for ages...

HUGS

Hooray, Anna!!! Hoping the offer goes through for you!

We've had intermittent thunderstorms with hard, hard rain the last few days, with more predicted the next few. So I have been scrambling to protect all those pots of veggie/flower/herbs that I planted on my patio and in my little flower bed from the roof run-off. Poor babies, a couple of pots really were awash, and I'm hoping they'll dry out enough so the seeds don't rot....A funny note: I planted a little hill of bush beans about five days ago, complete with cage for them them to climb; last night I found a beautiful, strong-looking bean sprout at least a foot away from where I'd originally planted it. Guess it was lucky it didn't get washed all the way out of the flower bed! (I gently moved it back where it belonged and it seems to be okay so far....)

My next door neighbors decided to reseed their back lawn about ten days ago, when the weather was still gorgeous. Well, this was like them laying out a buffet and then ringing a dinner bell. The neighborhood's free-ranging flock of guinea fowl descended and spent the next few days vacuuming up all that lovely grass seed, and when the guineas weren't there, all kinds of other birds, large and small, were out there gobbling what the guineas didn't get. Oh, well....

I have been spending the past few days getting ready for a much needed week away to visit my husband who I havn't seen for 6 weeks! Needless to say I havn't had any spare time to work on my Beacon, which I am sure is feeling very neglected right about now. I, however am very excited to be getting away for the week and am really looking forward to seeing the new town that I will be moving to at the end of June. I have spent countless hours packing and arranging for pet care and child care while I am away!! My wonderful parents agreed to look after my three kids and are planning to take them out to the lake for the weekend, the kids are looking forward to it which makes it easier to leave them. My animals have all been boarded out to different places, too many to ask one person to look after them all!! Now I just have to make the 8 hour drive to drop the kids off and board the plain! Phew, I hope I havn't forgotten anything!!

still trying to come to grips with the truck wreck. We are down one vehicle, but thankfully no family member seriously hurt. The truck wasn't cover for collision, only liability.

Bronchitis is back

Gayle, I think you've had enough.

Have a safe trip and a good time, Shelly. Has he already gotten a house, or will you be house-hunting while you're there?

I'll go light a candle, Anna, ASA I go offline.

Thanks Holly, yes he has already got a house and moved into it, so I will be seeing it for the first time. I have seen many pictures of it so in a sense I helped pick it out, however pictures are not quite the same as seeing it in person.

I found a bunch of pictures and files I thought were gone forever when the computer crashed!!Yippeee!! I don't know why I stashed them on my broken down, undependable computer in the guest room. Maybe I had planned on sorting through them when I had time?

Yes, I'm still fooling around with computer crapola. I've been tinkering with the new computer, making adjustments, looking for other default programs. Corel Photo downloader made me want to scream, but I finally found where to turn it off. Many of my music files that I'd bought and paid for are gone -period - not salvagable, not redownloadable. Not for free anyway. Oh pishtosh on that.

I have to finish up with this computer stuff, because any day now a truck is going to arrive with 5 cubic yards of dirt!!! As soon as I'm done moving files around, I get to move dirt around. Frankly, I'd prefer to move files.