What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

We got home early this afternoon and I have begun the interminable washing of all the dirty (!you wouldn't believe!) clothes. The first year I did the Panhandle Trace Hike was Spring of the year I got my pacemaker in December, and I had only been up to doing one day of the hike. The next year I was still healing from the surgery for the pacemaker, so we rode the Sebring Tandem Rally, instead. Last year I did all of the first day's hike and four of the other nine days (not consecutively) I hiked half-days. This year I was hoping with all my might to hike at least most of all nine days; I hiked all of five and half of one; what kept me off the trail the other three days? A BLISTER! It was on the top of my left pinkie toe, and despite liberal amounts of Body Glide and moleskin it would not be denied; but as soon as that puppy began to heal I was back on the trail!

We started from Fort Pickens at the extreme Western end of Santa Rosa Island and hiked to the water tower at Pensacola Beach. The HARD part was the first five miles on the soft, sandy beach (after the first mile through the Ft Pickens park area, which was sand march and just gorgeous with birds & flowers). The highlight was that the Blue Angels did practice maneuvers overhead the whole time, so we had a wonderful time watching them. The rest of the hike was a roadwalk.

Saturday we started from the water tower and hiked the rest of Pensacola Beach and then five+ miles of trail across & through the dunes, more gorgeous salt marsh and dune habitat; followed by four miles of roadwalk to Opal Beach, three miles West of Navarre Beach. Easter Suday we walked from Opal Beach to East Bay, North of Navarre. We stopped for brunch with everybody in Navarre Beach and afterwards walked across the bridge to the mainland and up state road 87 over the next bridge. At this point I had completed 36 miles of a 103-mile hike and was feeling rather proud of myself.

Monday DH & I had to hook up the Little House on the Highway and take it with us to the trailhead (I'd glad our icebox works on propane as well as electric!) to move base camp. We started out on the 15-mile section and at 7>5 I was in total agony and had to stop and ride to the end with our trail angel and wait for everybody. When we got to the next campground and I took off my boots to hit the shower was when I saw the damage; my poor toe looked like a rather pitiful water balloon! While the rest of the group was hiking a new section of trail that replaced the roadwalk along the old brick State Road 1 to the Harold store and across the Hutton Unit to the Deaton bridge below the State Park campground and one of our hikers fell and broke his elbow I did minor surgery on my toe, and we decided I'd better stay off it the next day to let it heal. Most of that section and the one from the bridge to the next road, 11 miles, had recently burned (the state forest folks do prescribed burns every two years to keep the forests healthy and prevent wildfires) so the flowers were gone.

Thursday AM DH & I were the only ones who showed up to hike, and it went quickly. It was the only day we had cloudy weeather, with intermittent mist (couldn't really call it rain) all afternoon. My toe had puffed up again, of course, so Friday I was off my foot letting the darned thing finish closing up.

Saturday was the last 8 miles to the AL state line, and it hadn't been burned. The flowers were glorious, with the gentle spiciness of wild azaleas and the dogwoods in full bloom, the horse=sugar and titi adding their white flowers and the pitcher plants in yellow and red looking totally other-worldly. All sorts of wee violets and wild orchids paved the ground with blue and one of the hikers spotted a coyote that took off before any of the rest of us saw it. This was also the only part of the trail where we encountered water; last year it was knee-deep; this year it just made the ground yucky. Afterwards we all headed to Baker, FL, to a diner for lunch. A group of cross-country bicyclists filled the rest of the place.

Sunday DH & I went over to Aglin AFB to the Air Show there. The featured perfomance was a sho by the Thunderbirds, the Air Force version of the Blue Angels. They were OK, but we had just seen the Blue Angels the week before. For me the highlight was a demonstration flight by a F-22 Raptor! It was even worth the wait in line for the bus back to the parking lot.

Monday we went shopping in Pensacola and one of the thrift stores had a couple of old mini magazines (from the 1970s).

Yesterday we went to the state park's launch ramp and put the kayaks in the water and paddled against the 3+ mph current upstream. I made it for nearly 2 hours before I hit a narrow section I couldn't paddle against without getting spun around and sent back, so back I went; I missed the takeout and wound up nearly a mile downstream and it took over half an hour to paddle back because I was so sore! DH went on up for four hours before heading back, and whilst waiting for him I hiked back to camp to eat lunch and rest in the shade.

I missed the Forum; worse, I got practically NO mini time! So it's good to be home. After being gone all that time my crwon still hasn't arrived at the dentist's yet.

Holly, despite the blister and not being able to participate all days it truly sounds like you had a GREAT outing and I am SOOOOO jelous, but happy as well as it felt like I was there along with you!

Thank you Muriel, I must admit to having a real hard time when going to the dentist....

Hugs

It sounds like you had a great time even with the blisters, Holly.

Finally decided to go ahead with the final part of my dental implants. It had been on hold due to the multiple eye surgeries thing and even though I am due one more decided I needed to get one thing completed. Saw the dentist yesterday and had the dental molds done for the actual teeth that will go on the previously implanted posts. The mold stuff really is horrible tasting.

...my dental implants...had the dental molds done for the actual teeth that will go on the previously implanted posts. The mold stuff really is horrible tasting.
They warned me about the taste when they cast my tooth for the temporary crown and yes, it's FOUL!

I have decided the only thing I enjoy better than making minis is walking in the woods (paddling is more fun going downstream than up...). I finished the two upholstered 1:24 chairs for the library and started on the Knole settee.

Ahh!

I am feeling better finally. I am dealing with clogged ears..otherwise I am doing fine.

We are going to do some cleaning today. First I am going to the first farmers market of the season. I need to get dressed..LOL

So I am here and I am finally better and I am ready to work on the Orchid. Poor Orchid got ignored since the kookamnga hit the home.

Well I'm certainly glad to see you back! Whatcha get at the Farmers' Market? (I love those places!) I got some gorgeous fresh broccoli at the store yesterday that's just begging to be eaten with the lamb shoulder chops and new red potatoes tonight.

It is a very wide ranging farmers market. Asparags, babagansh, whole wheat pita, hmms, onions, and some salad stff.

Notice something? letter between T and V is not working. I am not paying another $50 for another keyboard. I do not eat at the keyboard. Others do. They will not by a new one.

I am so angry at this. I jst replaced this keyboard in December! I have a Mac so it is not like I can jst by any knock off down the pike. If anyone knows of where i can get a keyboard for the Mac that does not cost an arm and leg..please let me know.

I am really angry becase some people are acting like it is not their falt, it is not a big deal, and they will not fork over the cash to pay for it. I feel like i want to go to the bank, take the money ot of their accont and by a new one..

Can yo see i am ranting? I am jst really peeved at this.

Okay...back to being a nice person again.

Crazy morning at work. They're 4-5 days behind and it was very busy with people coming in more than usual too! Went back in the afternoon while it was shut for an extra 3+ hours to try and get it a little bit more presentable and not such a mess for the returning manager on monday. The morning was horrid, but felt good after the afternoon session.

Not sure what to do this weekend. Wasn't paying attention to the date. On tuesday I have a training session at the regional office that wanted the model pharmacy. If I'd realised this last weekend I could probably have got it done, but it would be a struggle to get it done for tuesday with just this weekend. Should give it a go, and then if it isn't done on tuesday it should be nearly done and not take much to finish, which would also be a good thing. In which case I should get up off my bottom and get going! :lol:

Yeah, thats how I'm looking at it too Holly! Well did the most time consuming bit this evening, cutting out and folding/gluing printies. Not one of the jobs I like, and one of the reasons I've been putting it off. But the shelf looks good! :lol: Tomorrow gotta figure out how to do little baskets that we normally use to put prescriptions and tablets in when we're assembling them. Got some grid wire, but really the holes are too big, so will give it a go and see if it will do.

The printies haven't been stuck in yet so are a little wonky sometimes, but you get the idea!

post-2387-1271545665_thumb.jpg

I won't put photos in for this one as I only know one person that sometimes works up there and have very briefly met some of the rest. I might bring a prototype along and then they can put them in if they like.

birthday feast preparations have begun for oldest son (26). Youngest son is baking a gazillion layer chocolate cake (okay, well 9 layers), and I'm starting Kansas City sticky ribs. All diets are off tonight! Gifts have been ordered: finally back to fun stuff...orchids and a Tilley hat. Don't have to buy computer games this year!

Well, I made a blog at blogger a long time ago.. I have been slowely sorta updating it.. and had a few of my dollhouses already on it but cannot for the life of me figure out how to get those pages on the first page.!! I just want a place that someone can click to see my other pages.!! My Boss has asked to see photos of my houses and I really would like her to be able to go to the blogger and see it.!!

Cleaning house today and hopefully spending a few minutes with the dollhouses !!

kellee

Kelly, do you add labels to your Blogger entries? If you add the name of the house to each post about that house, it will show up as a clickable link that will take visitors to each post about that house.

Yesterday we went into Tallahassee so I could get my pretty new tooth (crown) and I really, really wish my regular dentist had done this one, the last one went on th no problems or pain, this time I got NOTHING for the agony and it was excruciating; but the partner is a young man with the daytime workload and apparently not much patience... At least now the tooth is in and hopefully the nerve will calm down in a few days. We went thrift shopping and I found another booklet in a series of 1:6 scale furniture made with 3-D needlepointing worsted yarn on plastic scrim.

Life here seems to be going seventy ways to Sunday lately. Garden (weeding like a madwoman so more flowers can be planted, adding an 8-foot footbridge over a marshy spot in the yard, still raking leaves from deep pockets), housework and repairs (added sump pump & drainage to basement, added insulation to attic, work on electrical system, gutters and downspouts), genealogy, travel planning (back to California in July, hope to get to New Orleans before that) ... and yesterday my computer died, so an unplanned trip to the place I bought it, 30 miles from here today. Adding the sump to the basement resulted in a lot of mud and concrete dust, which we're still cleaning up. I hope to get my craft area back in shape by the end of this week as there is rain in the forecast to keep me inside. I am having serious mini withdrawal symptoms!

Here is Loo with a new hairdo. It is her summer fashion. LOL.

She is such a darling. I am so glad I took her in. Perla is getting along fine too.

post-583-1271951234_thumb.jpg

I have started to get better with allergies. I have been taking the Walmart knock off stuff and it is good. I take it first thing in the morning. I did some weeding today outside. It is so gorgeous out there! :groucho:

I have planted plenty of veggies also. I have done (so far)..Rainbow Swiss chard, cauliflower, Kale, yellow cherry tomatoes (in pot), habenero peppers (in pot), lavender (in pot), chives (in pot)..all those have been planted here at home. At the community garden we have planted two Brussel sprouts plants, corn, radishes, beets and that is it so far. Too early for tomatoes.

Everything is going fine except for this darn keyboard. It is not like a traditional keyboard. Some of you that have Macs know...there is the one that has the flat keys. Hard to pop off and then pop back on. I will fiddle with it later.

Thinking of cooking on the grill tonite. Chicken sounds good to me. I have already cooked out there at least 5 times so far this season. There is going to be alot of charcoal burned this year..LOL

back to work today for me...the last 3 days went sooo fast! I was able to complete a part to my Creatin' Contest house (for Dec.)--lucky I have all that time or I'd never make it! I really wanted to do the Spring Fling, but some parts of this project are kind of ambitious, so I actually used a little common sense this year :lol:

Have a great weekend everyone !

Loo is just precious!

I've been crocheting squares for a 1:12 "stained glass" afghan and discovered I may have developed carpal tunnel syndrome in my left wrist & forearm, oh joy... Lots of rests and exercises!

I am cleaning, packing and prepping the house for going on the marker really soon (yay!) and am closing in on getting it done, just need to rearrange a few pieces of furniture in the "office" room as we have been boorowing pieces from there to the new housr which makes it look a bit off and in between that I am looking in here LOL

Hugs

I don't envy your job one bit, Anna! I'm of two minds about leaving furniture to show a house; realtors we've dealt with seem to prefer to show a house furnished, but I've always preferred to be shown an unfurnished house so I can visualize how my own stuff will look in it.

LOL Holly, in one way I actually enjy the whole process, it is great to clean out alllll the things that we haven't used since our last move 9 years ago... and also rediscover things that will come to good use with others...

And I am all with you on feeling torn between the furnished/unfurnished showing! We will show this place with a few pieces, ie it will look lived in yet "airy" so to speak :lol: Upstairs window cleaned inside and out, phew, now the downstairs in a little while, need to rest the hands for a little while, they tend to tense up when doing a lot of scrubbing, darn them!

Well have most of the windows done now, only the kitchen ones left... That will be tomorrow's task I think, still have some picking up and throwing away tasks to do today.

Hugs

Sounds like it is coming on well Anna! We haven't moved in the last year like we have done for the last 8-10 years, and I quite miss having a forced clear out! We're doing a good clear out now though before the wedding.

Today had to work far away, so only got home around 3pm (though I did pick up a new vacuum cleaner on the way home). Now I'm glueing in skirting and cornice boards. Have noticed that the back wall isn't as flush with the floors as it could be, so will be getting some screws and a drill bit tomorrow to tug them together better. Nails won't do it! Still gotta do the roofing and one more window to find and paint. Then attach the front on with hinges, and hopefully it'll be done! (well with a few more touch ups :lol: )