What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

We will have to get another load of kirt eventually, but the local Tibetan Buddhists have been moving it for us, since we got it to build up the garden area around the stupa for them, and are letting them fix it all up to use for their worship.

The pacemaker checkup went well, as usual, and I got to visit with the doctor for the first time in over two years! I asked about whitewater rafting (didn't tell him we've already done it once) and horseback riding (NOT galloping), and he told us we finally convinced him to take off some time and he & his wife are going to the Galapagos Islands for their wedding anniversary this Fall.

I hope Deb's tests went well and that we'll start hearing good things!

Emergency appointment tomorrow at the dentist. Major molar pain. Radiating to the front. Does not hurt to drink but I cannot chew. I do not think it is cracked molar..I think it is the gum disease or something stuck underneath tooth.

Pain! Pain! Pain! Even heavy duty pain killers are not even touching it.

Back to the couch. Bye for now.

I am scheduled for eye surgery tomorrow. Means any activity will be extremely limited for the next two weeks. Have done all the laundry, laid in the groceries, completed the pre check in at the hospital and prepared the i-touch with a bunch of new books to help pass the time. Prayers that this will be the last time surgery is needed and the outcome is positive would be appreciated!

Oh, Heidi, OUCH!!! Went through that twice and you're right - there is NO pain quite like it. Hope it gets taken care of right NOW.

Beverly, praying and sending "This has got to be the one that fixes your eye" energy in gobs your way. Thinking of you tomorrow....

Feeling grumpy today after looking at the weather forecast for the next week: overnights nearly freezing, and gray and rainy - maybe even snowy! - during the days. That isn't going to do my garden one little bit of good!

Other than that, I'm about to embark on a very special custom order tablecloth, and am both scared of it and excited about it. You know who you are, the person who ordered it LOL!! I swear, it IS coming!

Sending many healing and good thoughts to those that need.

Well that was my last day of work before the wedding :flowers: Yay!!

Tomorrow I get to try out wedding day makeup. Going for as natural as we can I think as Chris isn't particularly fond of make up.

Got so much to do, will have to make up a proper timetable i think, like I used to do for exam revision :yes:

Exciting!!

Muriel, I'm getting excited for you!

Beferly, extra prayers going for you.

Heidi, I had pain like you describe, and it WAS a cracked molar; it cracked all the way in two!

Quiet day, mostly; much-needed haircut this AM and oil change in my car, and then gave DH his haircut when we got home. Now I'm getting ready to pop some chicken into the oven.

The wedding plans sound so lovely! I know everything will fall right in place!

Haircuts...gotta give our youngest son one tonight. He refuses to go to a barber shop.

Ham in the oven. Bronchitis is starting to go away.

4 day weekend from work. Tomorrow I'm taking best friends to a tea room in a nearby small town for their b'day celebrations.

A friend sent me 9 tiny skeins of yarn she makes for my soon-to-be mini yarn shop. I have a happy, purring old feline on my lap

being jiggled and rocked. Life is feeling better tonight.

I've been out of town for almost a month on business and family matters - mostly family - and am just getting caught up with everything that's been going on - but only about 1/4 of the way through all the new postings! My building has been totally on hold. Saw MiniFan got her 1/24 and that Sexyfeet is working on her Beacon Hill (I want that house SO badly!) I can't seem to find about Chloe's travels though - does anyone know?

My prayers and thoughts are with Stan and Roxy and so happy to see Beverly and Gayle are doing better.

Waiting with bated breath on Muriel's wedding details!!!! (can you tell I've missed my daily "fix" at the forum!)

Kirsten

Just got home from my daughter's Baccalaureate, then straight to my son's birthday party. Kids were already waiting when I got home, and the cake still to decorate. This time of year is always so crazy busy for us, and this year we have graduation, plus the two boys are also moving up to the next school, so there are programs for that too. 3 Awards programs last week, 1 tomorrow, then 8th grade promotion ceremony Wednesday, and Graduation Friday! WooHoo!!

Then, next Sunday, my husband and I are going to a bed and breakfast (built in 2nd empire style, like the Beacon Hill!) for our anniversary. I am so excited because we have never been away by ourselves before. Yay!

One more week of hectic, then, I can breathe...

Got home from Texas this morning. Drove from Austin, TX to Gainesville, FL. We got up at 4, left Austin at 8 a.m. (In-laws overslept) and arrived at 4:15 a.m. Unloaded the car, then rode the motorcycle to work (worked from 5 a.m. to 11). Now I'm getting ready to go to Orlando this afternoon for two days at Disney and Universal Studios with all of my In-laws. :lol:

BF is gone for three weeks -- two in Germany with his family to visit his youngest brother, and a week in Vermont/New Hampshire to do site visits for his job (he handles grants issued by the Dept of Education).

Besides work, the dollhouse projects, and taking care of our pet rats (now that they're getting older), am hoping to tackle the apartment. My friends helped me haul stuff to the Goodwill store of things BF and I don't need over the weekend. This week I'm hoping to tackle one room a day in terms of cleanup.

Looking forward though for Memorial Day -- would love to sit down and work on the Rye and maybe the next house if all goes according to schedule.

We wanted to ride our tandem bike this afternoon and eat late lunch/ early dinner in St Mark's, but the rain forecast for this afternoon is evident to the South of us, and we'd have been smack in the middle of it. I've started the 1:24 nightstands, instead.

Had a long, hot, tiring day at work, so am relaxing on sofa with a nice cold beer (aahhh!) - that's the sound of satisfaction.

Hubby is out practising - did I tell any of you he's a musician (used to be professional - now semi-pro). He recently left a Queen tribute band and has just started his own new band playing rock. (AC/DC, Rainbow, Deep Purple and the rest). He's really enjoying himself after 6 years of Queen!!! - Sorry Queen fans but I had to ban the playing of it in the house after attending about the 120th gig. He reached one of his personal goals in life last year when he played on stage in a Nashville Honky Tonk with other professional musos. He was a country musician for about 10 years so this was very special for him.

Hi all.

I am doing better. The side of my mouth that I had scraped on Friday is doing better. The back tooth is going back into place in my bite. I did some veggie planting today. I also planted three raspberry bush starters near the fence in the yard.

Going to be nice when they get bigger.

Today my computer died so I bought a new one and a new printer too(want to get into more printies). Since then I have put two coats of paint on my 1/2 inch lighthouse, tried to make a patterned nautical wood floor and failed miserabley, so printed one out, went over it with colored pencils rubbed over wood flooring to give it a better grain pattern and spray poly'ed it about three times,looks OK, we'll see how it looks with a few more layers of poly. painted all the trim and windows too. Gee, doesn't sound like much but took the whole day. Now a strawberry milkshake treat and a little couch time!!

Heidi, I'm so glad you're feeling better. We started much-needed pruning last week and found all sorts of blackberries spreading around. We found enough ripe berries left for a batch of muffins. I really, really wish we could attract a nice black snake or rat snake to move into our yard; between the mice and the birds we have no fruit and y'all already know how I feel about the little fur-nasties in the house!

Because of the afternoon rain pattern we're getting up early tomorrow to ride the bike.

Morning all!

Slowly working our way through the week before the wedding... it is days before the wedding now! I've had my legs waxed, today I'll get my feet and tonails 'done'. Doing quite a few crafty things still too, made the guest book last night, and yesterday morning and today I'm making bunting out of lace and embroidery trimmed hankies. Today I also have to dress our two little Elliot the Elephants as bride and groom. And make a bunch of flowers for the mini bride - forgot about that bit :sleep_1:

Also today I need to take the bridesmaid's bag to the florist so she can attach the corsage to it. And get my prescription. And do some laundry. And write and learn my vows. And bake some cornbread muffins!

I think I better get going!!!

Have a good day all :blink:

Muriel, know things are feeling hectic about now but from all I have seen you are one of the most organized brides I have ever come across! Best wishes and congratulations on your nuptual day!!!!!!!

Heidi, glad you are doing better. It has been years since I had the scrapping thing done but remember the pain well. The kid's numbing stuff helped.

As for me, it is weird, the gas bubble in my eye is slowly disapaiting and I can see out of the top 1/3 of my eye quite clearly but the bottom is filled with liquid and it shimmers like water. Very disconcerting to say the least! Doc says it will be another week to ten days before the transformation is done and he can tell just how much actual vision I retained. The retina is stable and he got out all of the oil. The ulcer left some scarring but it is off to one side and he thinks the effect will be negligible.

Now for some minor venting!

I hope to get back to miniing real soon but at the moment I really tire quickly. My DD has had to carry the load of our day to day living chores and she tries not to show her frustration over the situation but seven months of this nonsense for me and DH's limited ability would try the patience of a saint. I have tried to do some housework but it is very slow going since depth perception is really bad and she wants to jump in and just get it all done. I appreciate her frustration fully since I have experienced it myself in the past when I became a temp care giver in the past. I have had to tell her to back off and let me do what I can, knowing it will not be up to my usual standard (or hers) but she is not to fuss. This is only temporary and not for ever. I can separate and wash DH and my clothes and put them away, I can vacuum part of the lower floors of the house, I can make our beds including changing the sheets, I can dust furniture. And I can do the grocery shopping. I just cannot drive yet, nor lift anything that would cause me to strain my eyeball. Hopefully by this next week I can drive and relieve my DH of chauffer duties, and resume my cooking duties. Then she can take a break and get back to her own routines and live schedule.

Thank you all. I do not know if I said what was going on..those few days were a blur. It started on Tuesday with my back tooth not sitting right in my mouth. I kept banging it when I ate or just had my jaw open and closed. Then it turned into PAIN. Mucho mega pain that a vicodin would not quelch. I begged to get in to the office and they saw me on friday morning. Bad infection because of the gum disease.

It was scraped and antibiotic was injected in there. Later that night it was much better. I still have pain but the tooth is back in place (it swelled so bad that it raised the tooth). I will probably have to have them scrape that area again later on or the periodontist will have to look at it.

It is warm today (upper 70s at least to 80) and I made chili. I think I am nuts. LOL

I used canned chipolte peppers in adobo sauce for the spice. Really good sweat going on! I used ground turkey for the meat. Natalie wants to eat less beef.

I will water the plants later on today and that is about it. I do not do much in the heat (as you all know).

We started out going to ride the tandem Cannondale on the St Mark's rail trail. I noticed the blisters covering DH's wrist (it was a wee welt, like a bug-bite, two days before). Did you hit some poison ivey? asks I; Why, yes, he says. So off we go to the walk-in clinic for more prescriptions (PO prednisone daily for a week plus topical steroid cream+); he has, over the years, developed a hypersensitivity to poison ivy; just washing off the oil doesn't stop the process.

Anyway, by the time we got done it was noon and overcast, so we headed off to the bike shop to see if they had finished up the work on our Santana tandem (the 'Dale has wide, knobby tires for hard dirt/ gravel and the Santana has narrow slick tires for pavement); they were still installing & taping the new handlebars.

There's a wonky new law the legislators are trying to push through to mandate cyclists can ONLY ride on the extreme right (regardless of whether there's a shoulder or a drop-off, or if a rider needs to make a left turn) of the road if there's no bike lane, or ONLY in the bike lane (if there is one, whether there's an obstruction in it or someone parked or broken down in it). The main provision of the bill is to allow golfcart drivers to drive their vehicles on the sidewalks; this is a really BIG deal in S FL, where retirees' local transport is the golfcart, and they're tired of motorists running into golfcarts in the streets. When we came out, there was a really spiffy-dressed young man astride a brand new bike, dabbing foundation on his face, and a TV video camera lying on the ground; so we stopped to suggest before he ride that bike he get a helmet and a pair of blousing garters to keep from tangling his trouser cuffs in the chain. We started over to our truck and he asked was that our tandem bike & kayaks? We ended up giving him an interview!