Hello

Gill Howe

Hello everybody my name is Gill. I am almost onthe verge of realising one of my dreams.... to build a dolls house!!! I was so happy to find this site whilst I was deciding what to buy. My 3 children are grown....not entirely out of the house but I am finding I have more time to things that I want to do!!!! I have a 152lb St Bernard puppy by the name of Montague Bennet a.k.a Monty and a blue fronted Amazon Parrot called Bogie.

Hopefully over the next few months...after my purchase... I won't become too much of a pest with questions etc..

Welcome to the forum "family", Gill, momma of Montague Bennett.

Thank you everybody. Yes Monty is my pride and joy!!! He is so kind and gentle and only just a year old. I take it you all recommend that I go ahead and buy a house then?????
Only one? (hehehehehee; little does she know...) The Garfield is as good a kit to begin with as any. (I'm a retired RN and therefore an enabler) As you tiptoe through the website you will quickly learn that you are embarking upon a highly addictuve and infinitely pleasurable pasttime of creating beauty in a small scale.
I won't become too much of a pest with questions etc
How do you expect to learn things if you don't ask questions? You think people are born knowing this stuff? I promise you it hasn't happened yet (although Corwin, also building the Garfield, is testing that belief).

Alicia, there are no gingerbread police here. I built the Arthur with the gingerbread because I knew no better, and I built the Westville because the customer buying it wanted all the gingerbread. Most of my houses don't want it. I, like Gill, I were ever to build a Garfield, however, it BEGS for gingerbread!

Welcome! The Garfield was my first house, too! She's a lovely thing...and challenging, especially if you haven't done this sort of thing before. But mine turned out pretty well...and if *I* can do it, most anybody can! :yes:

Don't ever hesitate to ask questions. Folks here are always very helpful, generous with their ideas and help, and love to see pictures of your progress.

So buy one, already!! :banana:

Well, it is done. The Garfield has been ordered!!!!....I have one problem now...........its not here YET. Thank you everyone for your welcomes. I am still trying to navigate the website (hope I am better at building doll houses!!!!!)

Hey there Gill - welcome to the neighbourhood! :) The Garfield is one terrific dollhouse - congratulations! You'll find all the help you need right here - yours for the asking. :D I haven't got a large dollhouse myself - but one day, I hope to build one.

!Welcome to the forum!

The garfield is a great house! lucky you to have such a kit to start with!

I hope you ask any question you like. its all a learning process!

even someone who has built a doz houses find new ways of doing things!

I look forward to sharing your progress!

Happy Building!

nutti :)