Another newbie

Silver

Hello! I've been lurking around these forums for a week or so, trying to get the lay of the land, and you all seem like a great group of people and I thought I would join in.

Now for a little bit about me. I'm 32 year old Canadian mother of 1 (she's 14 months), and I've been building dollhouses since I was 4 years old. Really. My first house was out of a kleenex box. After that I progressed to shoebox houses, and from there to scratch building houses out of cardboard, and anything else I could find. The only actual kit houses I've even built as a Greenleaf Westville when I was a teenager and a Fairfield that I have been working on since 1997. Most of the interior is done, but I need to finish the attic and the outside - I'm very anal about what it looks like, which is part of the reason I've been working on it for the past 11 years (the other is life got in the way and a lack of space to build). I'm addicted to 1/2 scale, and even when I was scratch building, I was building in that scale (or something pretty close since it was really my *own* scale).

My dream house has always been the RGT Thornhill, except now I really want the 1/2 scale Colonial Thornhill kit filled with Bespaq furniture. Its amazing how our tastes *mature* as we get older!! I wonder if I can convince my husband to give me that for the next 50 birthdays and Xmas??

I'm looking forward to finally having a place where I can talk miniatures and houses with people ('cause I don't know anyone IRL), and getting to know everyone - up until now I've really enjoyed looking at everyone's pictures!

Thanks for taking the time to read this. :idiot:

Welcome, Kristin. I have just begun to work in 1:24 scale with the "pueblo" dollhouse kit from HBS.

Hi and :) to the group!

Wow, I did'nt know Bespaq mad 1/2 scale! I guess I have'nt been looking.

I first found out about it when we were at Earth & Tree and I saw their display.

The 1:24 Foxhall is the only RGT kit that ever tempted me, but not all that much. I have two Fairfield kits I want to bash together to build a Bar Harbor summer "cottage", so I'll be most interested to see yours.

Welcome, Kristin. I have just begun to work in 1:24 scale with the "pueblo" dollhouse kit from HBS.

The 1:24 Foxhall is the only RGT kit that ever tempted me, but not all that much. I have two Fairfield kits I want to bash together to build a Bar Harbor summer "cottage", so I'll be most interested to see yours.

I had no idea there even was a Foxhall in 1:24 scale!! Now *that* would have tempted me. I like the idea of bashing two Fairfield's together... although I think that might be beyond my abilities at the moment. Right now, I'm in the thinking stages of removing the dining room windows, putting in French doors and attaching the 1/2 scale conservatory to the back. My only issue is the conservatory isn't a kit and I worry if I can take it apart to make this work without wrecking it! Oh yeah, and the pesky thing that I don't even have a set of French doors or the conservatory yet.... but I do have them on order! :welcome:

And I think this might be post 4. So I will have to try and post some photos later today.

Welcome to the forum!

I have dabbled in all scales but I find 1inch scale and 1/144th scale my favorite!

but like I said I like a little of everything....I look forward to seeing your projects!

just one more post now! :welcome:

nutti :wave: